zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
Lykanz I know that creating a game is complicated , and having a translation into another language can interfere with the translation , especially if the option does not receive the translation , using this file , you can force a text to receive a translation

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eu sei que cria um jogo e complicado , e ter uma tradução pra outro idioma pode atrapalhar na hora de fazer a tradução , pricipalmente se as opção não recebe a tradução , usando esse aquivo , da pra força um texto a receber uma tradução

1684652602278.png
1684652638421.png

Reactions: Lykanz

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Lykanz I know that creating a game is complicated , and having a translation into another language can interfere with the translation , especially if the option does not receive the translation , using this file , you can force a text to receive a translation

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eu sei que cria um jogo e complicado , e ter uma tradução pra outro idioma pode atrapalhar na hora de fazer a tradução , pricipalmente se as opção não recebe a tradução , usando esse aquivo , da pra força um texto a receber uma tradução

View attachment 2638393
View attachment 2638394
That's an issue that I'm aware of.
It has to do with the way I modified the choices screen.
I'll work on a fix for during the polishing update for 0.08.

Reactions: qqq666qqq

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
when I have problems translating some games , I use this file , it already saves me a lot , I just added some texts at the beginning of the game , just to have an example

If you can't solve this problem in the next updates, this is one of the alternatives I'm suggesting, I use it a lot

1684654218555.png
1684654441231.png

buff

May 29, 2017
If you use an approach of blindly doing string substitutions then along with having to write everything twice, you will have problems if a phrase is used multiple times (particularly if one of them is a substring). Lines that interpolate code (e.g. variables) will be problematic as well.

Storing all text in a multidimensional array is cleaner, but you lose the niceness of renpy's dialogue features.

Just putting a bunch of patches and some instructions in the zipfile is probably the simples thing to do.

Reactions: Lykanz

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
If you use an approach of blindly doing string substitutions then along with having to write everything twice, you will have problems if a phrase is used multiple times (particularly if one of them is a substring). Lines that interpolate code (e.g. variables) will be problematic as well.

Storing all text in a multidimensional array is cleaner, but you lose the niceness of renpy's dialogue features.

Just putting a bunch of patches and some instructions in the zipfile is probably the simples thing to do.
Yeah, I already know how I'm going to fix it.
I just didn't had time to implement the fix yet.

Reactions: buff and qqq666qqq

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('day09/lu_bedroom/day09_lu_story_056_002_start.webp') at 0x000000001e74bca0>:
File "game/days/day09/day09_jo_luana_bedroom.rpy", line 253, in script
scene day09_lu_story_056 with d5
OSError: Couldn't find file 'day09/lu_bedroom/day09_lu_story_056_002_start.webp'.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('day09/lu_bedroom/day09_lu_story_056_002_start.webp') at 0x000000001e74bca0>:
File "game/days/day09/day09_jo_luana_bedroom.rpy", line 253, in script
scene day09_lu_story_056 with d5
OSError: Couldn't find file 'day09/lu_bedroom/day09_lu_story_056_002_start.webp'.
That's one old as hell bug.

It popped when 0.05 was released.

Long story short: For some reason the file isn't recognized even though it's present. I tried everything from reencoding the file, changing name, changing extension, changing path, nothing solved the issue.

It seems to randomly pop-up for some people.

Reactions: qqq666qqq

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
That's one old as hell bug.

It popped when 0.05 was released.

Long story short: For some reason the file isn't recognized even though it's present. I tried everything from reencoding the file, changing name, changing extension, changing path, nothing solved the issue.

It seems to randomly pop-up for some people.
I had to use that file to get the translation in that part of the game

1685026238393.png
1685026322454.png

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Okay, I try to stay away from the forums until I catch up, so this may be the umpteenth time you've got this report, but I think I found a bug ...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
View attachment 2663571
it seems that py3.9 not supports "is not"
That was actually introduced in Python 3.8.

Why didn’t it appear before? It’s all to do with the difference between is and == (the same for is not and !=).

is checks for identity - if the two variables point to the exact same object.

== checks for equality - if the two variables point at values are equal. That is, if they will act the same way in the same situations.

Identity implies equality, but not the other way round.

CPython (the main implementation of Python) can reuse some objects to improve performance. For example, when it starts up, it pre-creates int objects for the numbers -5 to 256. Other Python implementations such as don’t necessarily do that.
Somehow it completely flew off my radar to change the checks.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
It feels like there has been very little storyline progression since the last time I played this, which was over a year ago or more. Plus looking at the changelog it seems there's been a lot of fixes and rework of the entire game. Maybe in another 3 to 4 years we might actually get back to the The Inn to see how its been fixed up. And see actual storyline updates.
Make that 10 years. Who knows by then kissing and handholding may be implemented.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
8 BETA 6 BANNER.png

What's up people?

New month means new BETA!

This is probably the third to last (antepenultimate? idk english is hard) BETA for Luana's update.

It features 2 new events that explore a bit more of Luana's weird feelings towards the protagonist.

I even sneaked some bits of fat cat lore in there.

You can get the download links in the official release post over at or !

Have fun!

4.10 star(s) 101 Votes