Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Why is this called a rework? Is there an original somewhere out there? I did a search and didn't find another The Inn out there.
The original version was posted in this same thread. The rework features improved scene quality, improved code, more features and the exact same story.

• Love
Reactions: Pmktrn17 and DiTo

Prolotus

Jan 22, 2018
Honeyselect games are really my thing and i dont know how i missed this masterpiece until today :love:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lykanz

lokiexcalibur

Feb 15, 2018
I think one of my saves broke the game

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Open text tag at end of string u'The barstory :{'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in visit_all
self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 531, in visit_all
for d in self.visit():
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1717, in visit
self.update()
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1694, in update
tokens = self.tokenize(text)
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 2164, in tokenize
tokens.extend(textsupport.tokenize(i))
File "textsupport.pyx", line 122, in renpy.text.textsupport.tokenize

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I think one of my saves broke the game

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Open text tag at end of string u'The barstory :{'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in visit_all
self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 531, in visit_all
for d in self.visit():
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1717, in visit
self.update()
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1694, in update
tokens = self.tokenize(text)
File "E:\SteamLibrary\MnF\THEINNR-Beta_4_fix_2-pc\THEINNR-Beta_4-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 2164, in tokenize
tokens.extend(textsupport.tokenize(i))
File "textsupport.pyx", line 122, in renpy.text.textsupport.tokenize
Can you post the save here or send it to me through DM?

Just from the traceback I have absolutely no idea what the error is about.

Pedoune

Jul 19, 2017
Is it me, or does the characters' skin look way too shiny? Makes them look either chromed or plastic, depending on the pic.

Evans15

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2017
That's because if you look at it, they are in a bath, they are wet, that's why their skin is that shiny. I suggest you to play the game.

Een Vieze Vent

Aug 5, 2017
To answer the dreaded question: The update will be done 'soonish'. Lykanz is now busy with creating the last scene for the update, then we gotta test it and when everything is a-ok it will get updated. Really splendid work has been done and I'm sure ya'll will love it. And also as usual, a few previews of said scene:

20200614025149301.png

20200617211939085.png

20200629170056870.png

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
To answer the dreaded question: The update will be done 'soonish'. Lykanz is now busy with creating the last scene for the update, then we gotta test it and when everything is a-ok it will get updated. Really splendid work has been done and I'm sure ya'll will love it. And also as usual, a few previews of said scene:

View attachment 718715
My god, what happened to his left hand???

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Dev Zueiro Merece Ouro!!!!
Keep up the Good Work!!!
HUE HUEE HUE
Eu tô amando as referências brasileiras nesse jogo, só avisando kkkkkkkkkkk
Thanks, I'm glad you guys enjoyed it!

BR: Valeu, fico feliz que vocês tenham gostado!

It's too early to say that but do you already have another project in mind after The Inn?
I honestly don't see myself finishing The Inn anytime soon, I have some big plans for it's future. So, to answer your question, no, I don't have any other project in mind.

Is it me, or does the characters' skin look way too shiny? Makes them look either chromed or plastic, depending on the pic.
If you're reffering to the characters on the "cover" image on the first post, that's because they're on an onsen, so they're wet and sweaty. The perfect combination.

But, if you mean the game in general, well, some scenes have different lighting setups that may make the characters skins shine a bit... And I may or may not have created the characters way too shiny (I fixed that recently).

That's because if you look at it, they are in a bath, they are wet, that's why their skin is that shiny. I suggest you to play the game.
Basically this, yeah.

any ideas on when next update will be ?
shoon-soon-memes-50357542.png

View attachment 718713

View attachment 718714

View attachment 718715
Thanks Evv!

Wow. That was more of an answer than I was expecting.
You can always count on trusty Evv. ;)

My god, what happened to his left hand???
That's what happens to your hand when you must resist the urge to grab them fattycakes.

wildlslayer69

Jun 21, 2020
Thanks, I'm glad you guys enjoyed it!

BR: Valeu, fico feliz que vocês tenham gostado!

I honestly don't see myself finishing The Inn anytime soon, I have some big plans for it's future. So, to answer your question, no, I don't have any other project in mind.

If you're reffering to the characters on the "cover" image on the first post, that's because they're on an onsen, so they're wet and sweaty. The perfect combination.

But, if you mean the game in general, well, some scenes have different lighting setups that may make the characters skins shine a bit... And I may or may not have created the characters way too shiny (I fixed that recently).

Basically this, yeah.

View attachment 718868

Thanks Evv!

You can always count on trusty Evv. ;)

That's what happens to your hand when you must resist the urge to grab them fattycakes.
Hey man no homo but I love you lol. Love that you replying to people's questions/reponses. Game is amazing looking forward for the next update.

Reactions: gugais and Lykanz
4.10 star(s) 102 Votes