VN Ren'Py The Interim Domain [v0.24.0] [ILSProductions]

3.90 star(s) 35 Votes

erkper

May 16, 2018
well yep probably only u know where it is going and that mc will shape new world not his "master" cause normaly "employes" are making decisions. it is nice to be cheerleader and hoping for best, like that he will "save" his girls for new life even when they are dead and only stucked in interim cause their "problems" wich when are solved MC absorve their power and they vanish...that same energy wich MC need collect to win :D

true is that i posted here cause ppl here are sharing their oppinions about game (good/bad/neutral) that is what forum is made for, not for cheerleading :D

and honestly i responded for replying me mostly so far.

of course lot of could changed and noone know what dev will do in next update cause honestly there is not much information from dev about game...and by this religion/mystery story plot anything can happend.
I'm sure I don't know where the game is going better than anyone else, never claimed I did. I also never claimed I knew what story development there has or hasn't been in episodes I've never played. I guess since I'm not that special I'll have to just wait until the episodes come out and play it to see how close I guessed.
If you'd notice, I'm not just cheerleading the game. I have my fair amount of complaints about the game design, and like many I definitely feel like it's a bit of a letdown coming off N&T. But I did take exception to your comments about the state of the game when you haven't even played to be able to judge.

Regardless, I'm done with this now. Have a good day.

kokos94

Aug 31, 2022
I'm sure I don't know where the game is going better than anyone else, never claimed I did. I also never claimed I knew what story development there has or hasn't been in episodes I've never played. I guess since I'm not that special I'll have to just wait until the episodes come out and play it to see how close I guessed.
If you'd notice, I'm not just cheerleading the game. I have my fair amount of complaints about the game design, and like many I definitely feel like it's a bit of a letdown coming off N&T. But I did take exception to your comments about the state of the game when you haven't even played to be able to judge.

Regardless, I'm done with this now. Have a good day.
i did not spoken that i know what will happend, i just talked about what i played and how it looks like....and i played game, only not all releases cause it started to be boring and anoying after some time :)

Reactions: Loki95

K18

Apr 19, 2018
TheInterimDomain Update Banner copy.jpg
TheInterimDomain Sample Pics 1.jpg TheInterimDomain Sample Pics 2.jpg

The Interim Domain 0.10.0 update 3 and release schedule
And here it is, the new update is ready to go and scheduled for release over the following week. As you can see by the update notes below, this one has a fair amount of content packed into it. It also offers the first opportunity for players to finish a storyline. There's a simple formula to score how much Qi you get for doing so. If you choose not to, you can extend your time with Mina, but be careful not to keep her around too long.

Why would you care about how much Qi you get? Well, the plan is for the total accumulated to impact the ending, though much like Now & Then, you're probably going to have to work hard to get a bad outcome. Also, there are some planned moments where spending Qi can get you extra scenes.

Here's the release schedule for 0.10.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):
Tier 3 - January 20, 2022
Tier 2 - January 22, 2022
Tier 1 - January 24, 2022
Public - January 25, 2022

Change Log 0.09.0
  • Added new main story scenes
  • New story for Kaitlin (9), Anita (7), Tina (7), Marisa (7), Robin (6), Roe (7), Sammy (2-3), Allison (1), ???(1)
  • Fixed typos and grammar errors
  • Fixed some thought-color coding for Marisa other scenes/changed the color for Roe to improve legibility

Thanks for your interest and support,
-Kinderfeld

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I think that most of the comments about this game are...misplaced, at least in my opinion. "Now and Then" was, first and foremost, a relationship story that was set against the backdrop of very common trope - a zombie apocalypse. The post-apocalyptic setting served as a set of tools for Kinderfeld to use to bring characters together, create the situations that allowed them to develop relationships and the crises that they need to overcome to strengthen those relationships. It was very well done and I loved it, but it differed from hundreds of other VNs only in the quality of execution.

"The Interim Domain" is, on the other hand, a relatively fresh idea in the realm of Sci-Fi / Fantasy and certainly for a VN. I like the premise, want to find out more about the universe and I assumed from the beginning that we would never get 'close' to the people in the Domain because it's the MC's task to help them move on, not fuck all of them - they were meant to be transient from the outset. I think that the groundwork has been laid to get 'close' to Mira, but I don't care about that unless it serves to drive the story forward.

I think the simplest way of putting this is that people looking for "Now and Then" v2.0, with a focus on 'the girls' might be disappointed but people like me, that are looking for a fresh universe to learn about, are going to like it. And that's fine because I think that VNs don't have to appeal to everyone, and of course, don't.

I also think that, based on statements by Kinderfeld, that he has a story to tell and he's probably not going to make some kind of mid-course correction to make "The Interim Domain" more like "Now and Then"...but then only Kinderfeld knows for sure. I, for one, hope he doesn't.
It isn't so much to make this game a N&T clone, simple a comparison of what the one game did good and this doesn't.
A game with zombie/apocalypse setting might be more used, not really common thought, especially not completed or good ones.
But the setting alone isn't even that important, characters and story are.

And yeah, i agree with you, this setting is certainly more unique and could be quite interesting.
But there the game fails for me.
The LI's, if you can even call them that, lack a connection to the MC as well as to the player. Which might kind of understandable given the story. Although it still would have been nice to have one or two real LI's...and for the ex i just don't care.

Now the point with the LI's wouldn't that bad, if the game would be mainly focused on the story, and the story good enough to carry the game...
But that isn't the case either, i'd say 80-90% of the game are focused on the LI's and playing therapist, which is just not interesting imo, even less when you don't even care about said LI's.
The 10-20% which are the main story, is just lacking in content, not really all that interesting either.
The MC which treats it like a chore/day job and isn't all that interested in actually exploring this unique setting, doesn't really help to make this any more interesting.

And that is a problem for me, despite the interesting setting, the game kinda fails both points so far, the LI's and the story.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
When someone is defending this game, no matter whether they agree with a specific person's complaints or not, they've got to admit that "lack of connection to the LIs" has been a recurrent and repeated theme throughout everyone's complaints that has complained.

After a while, one might think that, perhaps, there's a lack of connection to the LIs that causes a lot of people to bounce off this game. One that might, say, be enough to drive a Tier III supporter like me to drop support and wait for ILS' next game.

M@ximus

Sep 14, 2018
The Interim Domain 0.10.0

Windows:
-
Mac: -
Android: -

Walkthrough:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

FunkyD

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2017
I haven't played the game since i'm holding off for more content to come but now that v0.10.0 has been released... I'll start now!

Judging from previous posts and replies here, people are comparing this to Now & Then? Which in my opinion is an unfair basis of criticism considering this is an entirely new game with no connection to the previous game whatsoever. I believe that people can compare it to N&T in gameplay, sound design, and visual content since both games uses Ren'Py and Honey Select for models; but for its' story, characters, and direction... I think that's an unfair basis for comparison.

Its like comparing Team Fortress 2 with CS:GO. Sure, they're both the same Online FPS shooters, designed by the same company (Valve), built on the same game engine (Source), but they are entirely different games. TF2 is a fun cartoony team based game that more resembles a classic style hipfire movement-based arena shooter, while CS:GO obviously leans more towards being a realistic modern military shooter.

The same applies to here. ID is game about a guy that basically got isekai'd into the Interim, a dimension with magic and the arcane, and essentially becomes a shepherd of some sort for other lost people as well; While N&T is a game about a widower with his adopted daughter surviving in a zombie apocalypse world.

Apples and Oranges

While i do feel somber for N&T's end, I'm going to start playing this game with enthusiasm and great interest! This is a new game guys, get over N&T and adjust your expectations accordingly. We don't want the dev to do a Ubisoft and just ride his Assassins Creed Black Flag infamy and shoehorn every new game a f*cking boat mechanic. Let's encourage the dev to try out new things and not drag him to do the same thing. :WeSmart:

kokos94

Aug 31, 2022
While i do feel somber for N&T's end, I'm going to start playing this game with enthusiasm and great interest! This is a new game guys, get over N&T and adjust your expectations accordingly. We don't want the dev to do a Ubisoft and just ride his Assassins Creed Black Flag infamy and shoehorn every new game a f*cking boat mechanic. Let's encourage the dev to try out new things and not drag him to do the same thing. :WeSmart:
yep it doesnt matter that game suck...lets encourage devs.... :D

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
I assumed from the beginning that we would never get 'close' to the people in the Domain because it's the MC's task to help them move on, not fuck all of them - they were meant to be transient from the outset.

Then I don't care about them and this should be called 'Case-Worker Simulator 2023'.

Thats what a case worker does, fix someone's problems to the barest minimum standard and then get them out the door asap and hope you never see them again, then you go home, vent to your partner, if you have one, and then proceed to drink/drug yourself to sleep because dealing with everyone else's problems has left you no mental bandwidth to deal with your own.

We could do this IRL, we don't need an AVN to live this depressing, boring, excuse for a life experience.

FunkyD

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2017
yep it doesnt matter that game suck...lets encourage devs.... :D
Thats not what i said tho... I never said the game is perfect nor "good", I said that comparing this game to N&T is unfair and that telling the dev to just repeat their formula from the previous game will just hinder their growth. If anything else i'm glad the dev is trying new stuff so that they know what to do and not to do for their next game; Considering, and i believe all of you would agree on me with this, how different this game is to N&T.

People can trash this game all they like but using the arguements: "Why is this game not like N&T?!", "The characters from this game isn't like the characters from N&T", and "Dev should just make another N&T" isn't fair because this is an entirely different game.

EDIT since im going against the crowd and people will shit on me:

I agree that this game isn't perfect. It definitely needs improvement. My arguments are purely towards the standards you guys have for this game just because you decided to put N&T on a golden pedestal. The game isn't great, period. But it isn't great because N&T is good.

N&T Bad.jpg

Last edited:

sfoMMA85

May 23, 2019
I am happy the devs are trying out new stuff. But really I gotta say this goes into the wrong direction for me. Personally I am especially missing some spicy kinks as in N&T, like incest, corruption and teasing. I try not to compare but I gotta say it is hard, cause that first game is what we know the dev for. This game just seems like a very mediocre fictional story with good writing. But lets be honest… thats really not what I am here for. Sadly I completly lost my interest. Maybe the devs next game will feel exciting again. I hope this experiment and new approach is at least a big lesson to the dev. Good luck though!

Reactions: VicValenn

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Okay, so I've searched this whole thread, and there is only a single name drop reference to Anita that isn't just an update post with 'new Anita content' in it.

So, has anyone else yet noticed that Anita was the girl who helped teenager Carol get fitted for a new brassiere at Burgundy Petals during one of the flashbacks in Now & Then? Cause if that's supposed to be the same Anita (same name, same look, same job/location), that has some pretty dire implications for what happens after the roll credits of Now & Then. Or maybe not, considering that the 'device' sequence didn't seem like it was in a post-zombie apocalypse hospital. Still, makes me wonder if we'll see more cameos (or if there are others I've missed).

Screenshot 2023-01-26 041237.png

Screenshot 2023-01-26 041632.png

Last edited:

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
I haven't played the game since i'm holding off for more content to come but now that v0.10.0 has been released... I'll start now!

Judging from previous posts and replies here, people are comparing this to Now & Then? Which in my opinion is an unfair basis of criticism considering this is an entirely new game with no connection to the previous game whatsoever. I believe that people can compare it to N&T in gameplay, sound design, and visual content since both games uses Ren'Py and Honey Select for models; but for its' story, characters, and direction... I think that's an unfair basis for comparison.

Its like comparing Team Fortress 2 with CS:GO. Sure, they're both the same Online FPS shooters, designed by the same company (Valve), built on the same game engine (Source), but they are entirely different games. TF2 is a fun cartoony team based game that more resembles a classic style hipfire movement-based arena shooter, while CS:GO obviously leans more towards being a realistic modern military shooter.

The same applies to here. ID is game about a guy that basically got isekai'd into the Interim, a dimension with magic and the arcane, and essentially becomes a shepherd of some sort for other lost people as well; While N&T is a game about a widower with his adopted daughter surviving in a zombie apocalypse world.

Apples and Oranges

Actually, IMHO, the boat mechanic is the best part of AC, they would be unbearable without it. If they released nothing but DLCs to Black Flag from here on it would probably improve the franchise.

grohotor

May 15, 2020
I think the dev should wrap this up and start working on something else. This is not good for multiple reasons that people have already mentioned.

The biggest problem for me is that i have no reason to care about these girls, they are dead and are only sticking around until you help them with their issue. Another related issue is that the world itself is dead and pointless. these girls don't even have a accurate interpretation of their reality, at least not in the same way the MC does. So again, there is no connection.

It doesn't matter if the dev creates a reason for the girls to stick around after. The MC himself is not planning on doing that, he is trying to make them pass on. If he doesn't care why should i ?

kokos94

Aug 31, 2022
Actually, IMHO, the boat mechanic is the best part of AC, they would be unbearable without it. If they released nothing but DLCs to Black Flag from here on it would probably improve the franchise.
I think the dev should wrap this up and start working on something else. This is not good for multiple reasons that people have already mentioned.

The biggest problem for me is that i have no reason to care about these girls, they are dead and are only sticking around until you help them with their issue. Another related issue is that the world itself is dead and pointless. these girls don't even have a accurate interpretation of their reality, at least not in the same way the MC does. So again, there is no connection.

It doesn't matter if the dev creates a reason for the girls to stick around after. The MC himself is not planning on doing that, he is trying to make them pass on. If he doesn't care why should i ?
it would be probably right if dev is concerned about money...if he want make it it will find some patrons even now...not much probably but it will

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
[...] and I assumed from the beginning that we would never get 'close' to the people in the Domain because it's the MC's task to help them move on, not fuck all of them - they were meant to be transient from the outset.
The thing is - and it begins to make sense with this update - that you have to get close to them to fulfil your pupose, which is gathering as much Qi as posible when they move on. So, for example, when you let Mina go you get [like + love^2] Qi.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
The thing is - and it begins to make sense with this update - that you have to get close to them to fulfil your pupose, which is gathering as much Qi as posible when they move on. So, for example, when you let Mina go you get [like + love^2] Qi.
Christ, after all that bullshit in 0.6, you still have Mina pass on or become a Remnant, no matter what? That gives a pretty strong weight to the complaints people have about this game. I'm starting to think the game is just not intended to be enjoyable. Which, I mean, if that's what Kinderfeld wants to write, so be it, but I don't consider it a particularly wise decision. The MC's personality is actually pretty shitty, so it's not remotely enough to carry the game on its own.

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
Christ, after all that bullshit in 0.6, you still have Mina pass on or become a Remnant, no matter what?
No, you can let her go and get a fair amount of Qi .... or waste some time with her.

What did you think you would do? I mean, Mira did give you a job description on day 2!! It is your purpose to help those lingering to move on at some point.

3.90 star(s) 35 Votes