VN Ren'Py The Interim Domain [v0.28.1] [ILSProductions]

3.80 star(s) 40 Votes

Antherak

Aug 20, 2020
Announcement: TOXICity First Look

Just now
I'm here to formally announce ILS Productions' next game: TOXICity
So, basically it will be "advanced" Now and Then. Different setting, but plague/pandemic isolation type style game again. Can't wait to try it, but i hope this game will be fully completed before bringing the next one. The concept made me totally think of Stephen King's "the mist" book/movie.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Ahh you have to adimre ILS Production's ability to come up with scenarios that allow them to not have to worry about landscapes and large groups of people... a clever way of being lazy, I approve! :p

Man, now that we're at the end-game of TID, I find myself wishing they would go back and tighten up the entirety of the game... it feels silly having 25 chapters for all (most) the girls, specially considering you kinda need to advance them somewhat evenly to see the bonus scenes between multiple LIs.

All the endings are gonna feel stacked together and it's gonna take away from their emotional impacts... I think it would be better to have more girls depart quicklier... plus a lot of chapters can feel very filler-ish at times as well, so removing some wouldn't really hurt the overall narrative.

Oh well, we'll see how it plays out in the end, but a "final edition" kind of thing could be nice... plus it would be easier to do now that they have all the story beats already in place.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Ahh you have to adimre ILS Production's ability to come up with scenarios that allow them to not have to worry about landscapes and large groups of people... a clever way of being lazy, I approve! :p

Man, now that we're at the end-game of TID, I find myself wishing they would go back and tighten up the entirety of the game... it feels silly having 25 chapters for all (most) the girls, specially considering you kinda need to advance them somewhat evenly to see the bonus scenes between multiple LIs.

All the endings are gonna feel stacked together and it's gonna take away from their emotional impacts... I think it would be better to have more girls depart quicklier... plus a lot of chapters can feel very filler-ish at times as well, so removing some wouldn't really hurt the overall narrative.

Oh well, we'll see how it plays out in the end, but a "final edition" kind of thing could be nice... plus it would be easier to do now that they have all the story beats already in place.
Thats why you replay the game from the start after its been released.

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
More annoying, for me, was the fact that since every girl has 25 chapters (or so), some of those chapters were complete filler. You would click on their name in the big menu, think "I should see what ABC is up to." And then there'd be like 10 dialog prompts before they had to run and do something else.

But, Jacowboy is right. Their endings should have been staggered. Leaving them all until the very end even works against the idea that there is a time crunch related to what Ifuma is up to. The fact that Ifuma didn't kill half the girls is just plot armor.

Still, for all its flaws, it is one of the better AVNs out there.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
??

How would me playing the game again from the start fix the narrative issues? =/
Because you can do them in order, out of order, etc. The narrative issues get fixed. Unless you are talking about the story, then that doesn't change. How your perceive the story gets more to your choosing.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
So, basically it will be "advanced" Now and Then. Different setting, but plague/pandemic isolation type style game again. Can't wait to try it, but i hope this game will be fully completed before bringing the next one. The concept made me totally think of Stephen King's "the mist" book/movie.
No sooner did I read about the next AVN than I went and added Mist to my watch list for later this month.

When I saw the release on Patreon, I commented that this made me think of the Stephen King novel/movie The Mist.

He replied:

The Mist. The Fog. Storm of the Century. Basically anything where people are cut off from the outside world.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
There's already an AVN called MIST... and yes, it's also inspired by the book/movie... but hey, good concepts are good concepts... it'll all come down to the execution.

Oh one thing tho, I REALLY wish they'll stop with the POV shit... but looking at the previews, it seems we're in for another long-haired MC whose face we'll never see because reasons... uggghhh...

Because you can do them in order, out of order, etc. The narrative issues get fixed. Unless you are talking about the story, then that doesn't change. How your perceive the story gets more to your choosing.
Riiight... that still doesn't address the underlying issues I think the AVN has, but okay I guess...

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
Yes, but if you want the content where they crossover, you still need to keep most of them around through the 18+ chapter before you focus on removing them.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
1724257219723.png

1724257224774.png

Michael is given the choice to finish helping those who remain or finish his time in the Interim.

1724257233507.png

Windows:
-
Mac:
-
Android:
-

Walkthrough (thanks to Mordred93):

Change Log 0.28.0

• Added new main story scenes
  • New story for Tina (END), Anita (25), Marisa (25), Roe (25), Robin (25), Sammy (22, 23), Natalie (7, 8), Saaya (END)
  • Continuity update: Added in code to remove scenes/mentions of Bud in Tina Story 7 if you get to a certain point in Sammy's Story
  • Continuity update: Added in code to remove scenes/mentions of Robin in Tina's storyline if you end her story.
  • Continuity update: Added in code to remove scenes/mentions of Marisa/Anita in each others storylines if you end their stories.
  • Continuity update: Added in code to remove scenes/mentions of Kaitlin in Tina's Story 20 if you end her story.
  • Add Story Replay Mode
1724257244249.png

1724257257149.png 1724257261959.png 1724257265268.png

Hope you enjoy the experience. Thanks for playing.
- Kinderfeld

Exdeath92

Jul 25, 2017
I'm looking at the newest changelog and it says that Saaya (END) was added. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Saaya's path finished several updates ago?

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I'm looking at the newest changelog and it says that Saaya (END) was added. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Saaya's path finished several updates ago?
Maybe they re-wrote it as there was an issue last version which fixed some wording due to possible choices (sending Saaya off before doing a joint event w/ Kaitlin). So maybe the tightened up the code.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
There is a difference between sending off Saaya, having resolved her issues in TID, and Saaya's Ending.

I have not played this scene yet, but it is my understanding that when the MC wins, he gets to choose what that victory means.

A Saaya Ending is what choosing her would look like once the MC wins - their 'happily ever after' if you will.

Reactions: Exdeath92

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The Interim Domain [v0.28.0] [ILSProductions]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

Last edited:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
question, since I haven't really followed dev updates on this one too closely... in the latest release we got endings with some of girls, but not many of them. Will the upcoming update(s) include the rest or did I miss something?

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
question, since I haven't really followed dev updates on this one too closely... in the latest release we got endings with some of girls, but not many of them. Will the upcoming update(s) include the rest or did I miss something?
There is the ending where you finish all content with an LI and then the following scene is the Ending where the MC, having won (so good ending versus bad), chooses that LI for his/their 'happily ever after'.

We don't know if there are any combo - happily ever after - endings - IMO, this will be a final rev reveal if it occurs.

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Updated my compressed Android port of The Interim Domain with LightmanP's multimod to v0.28.0.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Due to the size of this game, I've split it out so you will need to install the apk, run it to get it to create the game folder that can be found in your Documents folder: Documents/Eonor/e.theinterimdomain/game. Then move the archive.rpa file into that folder and re-run the port.

Phone file browsers often don't like large zip files. If you are getting an error when extracting the files from the zip, please try using the RAR app.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Link: -

3.80 star(s) 40 Votes