• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
progress.jpg

As you can see, this update will also be short. Also, it will not contain erotic content, so you can safely skip it.

Also, I'm not sure if I can render this update. I don't have enough video memory on my video card again! And there's nothing I can do about it right now. Next in the story is a scene on the beach, on the same beach where MC and Katie were after training. But when I used this scene last time, I also didn't have enough video memory and had to cut out everything that wasn't in the frame to start rendering. But now it won't help, since Alice has been added to the scene. And she takes about 1.5 Gb of video memory. In General, I don't know what to do now. I can't move on yet. And I can't buy a new video card. The 2080ti costs $ 1500. I will have to save for it for 4 months. I don't even know what to say. It's just a dead end.

About version 0.5.6

Judging by the small number of positive reviews and the fact that people began to unsubscribe from me, you did not like the update. At least tell me what you didn't like about it. What did I do wrong? I tried very hard when I was working on it.

Be healthy and take care of yourself.

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
View attachment 768113

As you can see, this update will also be short. Also, it will not contain erotic content, so you can safely skip it.

Also, I'm not sure if I can render this update. I don't have enough video memory on my video card again! And there's nothing I can do about it right now. Next in the story is a scene on the beach, on the same beach where MC and Katie were after training. But when I used this scene last time, I also didn't have enough video memory and had to cut out everything that wasn't in the frame to start rendering. But now it won't help, since Alice has been added to the scene. And she takes about 1.5 Gb of video memory. In General, I don't know what to do now. I can't move on yet. And I can't buy a new video card. The 2080ti costs $ 1500. I will have to save for it for 4 months. I don't even know what to say. It's just a dead end.

About version 0.5.6

Judging by the small number of positive reviews and the fact that people began to unsubscribe from me, you did not like the update. At least tell me what you didn't like about it. What did I do wrong? I tried very hard when I was working on it.

Be healthy and take care of yourself.
One possibility though a relatively unpopular one would be a rendering server, depending on how many renders you need it could be relatively cheap.
At some point I was looking into it after having read some posts on f95, don't remember who mentioned it but I came across it again several times on the DAZ forums : ... Haven't used it personally but there are others as well, and the prices seem alright...

As for the content, I know that loosing support on patreon is quite a blow, but I think as others have said that you should focus on doing it the way you see fit. I'm guessing we're getting closer to some more sex content for those that miss it, but the story is imo well worth the wait.

Good luck to you

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
One possibility though a relatively unpopular one would be a rendering server, depending on how many renders you need it could be relatively cheap.
At some point I was looking into it after having read some posts on f95, don't remember who mentioned it but I came across it again several times on the DAZ forums : ... Haven't used it personally but there are others as well, and the prices seem alright...

As for the content, I know that loosing support on patreon is quite a blow, but I think as others have said that you should focus on doing it the way you see fit. I'm guessing we're getting closer to some more sex content for those that miss it, but the story is imo well worth the wait.

Good luck to you
It's interesting about the server, but there is one problem. Before sending the file for rendering I have to make it and see the preview. See what happens in the end. I can't just put the characters up to make them emotion and hope they look good. I need to constantly do prerenders. But I can't do it.:unsure:
I'm not going to add unnecessary content. And I don't really care about the number of patrons. They have not increased for a very long time. I don't understand why people suddenly lost interest. I'm making a game for them...

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
Okay.
Been at it again, and updated this update as well.
Made some corrections in errors, removed hardcopy of names and made them variables.
made long lines shorter and tried to make conversations a bit more conversation like.

Awesome animations Dev!

I see that the op page has an official link on the English improvements, that's not mine.
So, being at this from the early days I try to make these for the people who liked this before.
It's not a necessary to update this but I keep on trying to enhance the game, for PixwlsLab, and those who appreciate the gesture.
I DON'T want anything for it. Support the Dev!

Great update again

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It's interesting about the server, but there is one problem. Before sending the file for rendering I have to make it and see the preview. See what happens in the end. I can't just put the characters up to make them emotion and hope they look good. I need to constantly do prerenders. But I can't do it.:unsure:
I'm not going to add unnecessary content. And I don't really care about the number of patrons. They have not increased for a very long time. I don't understand why people suddenly lost interest. I'm making a game for them...
Most likely it has to do with the current financial situation, some people were not hit that hard yet but things likefurlough scheme in UK was diminished and also more people lost jobs last few months.

Considering the renders, I know a dev I also followed used to render the characters apart and then added them to the final render if had too many chars in them for memory of card, no idea how she actually did that, before she was able to afford a better card. Similar system might work for you.

Considering better cards, the rumor goes that Nvidia might release the new 3080 series in September. That might mean some used 2080 cards could come on the market if you know some friendly devs for a nice price.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
People often lose interest in games if: the content comes to slow in their oppinion, the updates are too small in their oppinion, if there isn't enough fucking going on in their oppinion and even if they have to read too much.

You can change the first two things, with enough time to save up for better hardware and learning more about DAZ, coding and writing. Most patrons don't know how many factors play into developing speed and content size and tend to compare in a unfair way, like a small dev with a dev who is in the business for years.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PixelsLab

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
People often lose interest in games if: the content comes to slow in their oppinion, the updates are too small in their oppinion, if there isn't enough fucking going on in their oppinion and even if they have to read too much.

You can change the first two things, with enough time to save up for better hardware and learning more about DAZ, coding and writing. Most patrons don't know how many factors play into developing speed and content size and tend to compare in a unfair way, like a small dev with a dev who is in the business for years.

Well in my humble opinion there is much more to this story than fuck the women.
When You see the last animations added You'll see the quality update.
I don't think its appreciated enough that is a novel.... you know reading.
and however small its a worthwhile update.
People need to understand that it is the dev's story to tell.
We, as players, should be happy with the overall quality of this game.
And.... You might just be surprised how your choices will have an impact in the overall story.

And, I might suggest, if you want games of women fucking, this site is truly full of m....

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Well in my humble opinion there is much more to this story than fuck the women.
When You see the last animations added You'll see the quality update.
I don't think its appreciated enough that is a novel.... you know reading.
and however small its a worthwhile update.
People need to understand that it is the dev's story to tell.
We, as players, should be happy with the overall quality of this game.
And.... You might just be surprised how your choices will have an impact in the overall story.

And, I might suggest, if you want games of women fucking, this site is truly full of m....
You don't have to tell me that, i just stated how patrons decide, i didn't say the content is bad or that there is too much to read but sadly there are enough people who somehow play VN's and don't want to read.

Also at not point in my comment i said that there is a lack of sex so your "And, I might suggest, if you want games of women fucking, this site is truly full of m...." doesn't apply to me at any point especially not since i prefer a good story over a braindead fuckfest.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017

Don't do it for them. Do it for the sake of the tale you're telling.

You're telling a story. So, you're going to put into it what the story needs you put into it.

Your story:

- it needs consistency;

- it doesn't need useless dialogues and idle chatting: dialogues and monologues aren't fillers (fillers are BORING);

- make dialogues count: if they don't advance the story, they're pointless (pointlessness is BORING);

- characters must have a goal: what's not their purpose isn't important;

- each part of the story must have a reason to be told: what hasn't a reason to be told mustn't be told

- conflict among characters is good, but every conflict must end "in a satisfactory way" for every character

- this is an erotic tale: after they finished reading, people must think: "damn, I've got a boner!"

Just my 2 cents

Reactions: Sothacil

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
You don't have to tell me that, i just stated how patrons decide, i didn't say the content is bad or that there is too much to read but sadly there are enough people who somehow play VN's and don't want to read.

Also at not point in my comment i said that there is a lack of sex so your "And, I might suggest, if you want games of women fucking, this site is truly full of m...." doesn't apply to me at any point especially not since i prefer a good story over a braindead fuckfest.
Well, I'm sorry.
I read it wrong.
However, if not meant for you, I stand with my remarks.
Due to the current global crisis I could understand putting your money in something else than a game.
I just hope this dev gets the value he deserves.

I also don't want to offend people, however blaming a shortage of fucking around is in my opinion a non-reason.
Just stay true to your story dev... no matter what anybody says

Reactions: Penfold Mole

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Well, I'm sorry.
I read it wrong.
However, if not meant for you, I stand with my remarks.
Due to the current global crisis I could understand putting your money in something else than a game.
I just hope this dev gets the value he deserves.

I also don't want to offend people, however blaming a shortage of fucking around is in my opinion a non-reason.
Just stay true to your story dev... no matter what anybody says
Its fine, we cleared that misunderstanding and in general i agree with what you wrote in that post, it just didn't apply to me, i just read often what the reasons for people are or better said what they cry about and most of the times it makes me shake my head because most of the players have absolutly 0 knowledge when it comes to things like: how important hardware is, how much time it takes to make a game and especially not how real life plays a huge factor when it comes to developing a game.

Reactions: Mirewen

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
I understand, scene optimizer might be an option but I'm not proficient in its use...

I agree keep going like you have been, though I get what they mean. The last few updates where story updates setting up new char dynamics and generally story updates don't really get the wankers off ^^ ignore the wankers as long as you don't care about the money ;)

Reactions: Real Kreten

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Reactions to 0.5.6:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I really liked this update, surprisingly despite how sexy Maria's scenes are (and hell yes they are sexy), I think my favourite part was Alice. She's so cute and funny and I love that new outfit of hers.
Considering the outcome of that dreamscene, in my play besides her talking to Alice again, also Alice said her mother's colors had gotten brighter, meaning she had become more confident and grounded in herself.

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
Have you considered spinning up a GPU instance on Amazon or Azure or Google Cloud Platform? Assuming you only need to render a handful of scenes and can get it done in a few hours it could be much cheaper than a 2080ti. Just make sure you have your ducks in a row and have everything ready to go as soon as it spins up because the costs add up quick if you leave it running.

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
poll.jpg

It's been two years since we chose the best TIF girl! Time to repeat, don't you think so?

You can choose all the girls at once, or you can give your heart to only one. The choice is yours!

P.S. Last time, voting opened my eyes to many interesting things. I hope it will be the same this time!

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes