4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

View attachment 876455
View attachment 876456 View attachment 876457
Hello everyone!
About reviews on 0.6

First of all, I really want to thank you all for your support. So many positive reviews at a time I have never heard! It feels like a lot of people just realized that the game really has a plot, and that all these scenes and conversations are really leading to something. XD Seriously, thank you! Now I'm in a terrible state – I haven't slept for a week and my back hurts terribly, but I've been walking around with a smile on my face for a few days!

Special thanks to those who support me financially.
I still decided to buy a more powerful video card when I save up for it. And thanks to this support, it no longer looks impossible! We need to try to keep the support level at the same level for a couple of months, and then we will definitely succeed!

Then why am I making a new game?
See what the problem is. Initially, I planned to make a new game to earn money for creating TIF. I didn't want to worry too much about the quality, just make quick big updates. But it looks like I can't do like that... I sit back and think about every frame, every word, every character now has its own storyline. I still render animations at night, and because of this, I don't get enough sleep all the time. I mean, I'm doing the same thing, just for a different game. And I had this question: "Why?» I can just continue making TIF, especially now I have such support! What do you think? Was I too hasty with the new game? Maybe we should continue TIF, and instead of a new game, start making more content for patrons? The new game isn't going anywhere, is it? Please write your opinion. This is VERY, VERY important to me! I'm afraid of making a mistake.

I will do animations for the new game for now. If we come to the conclusion that it is better to postpone the new game, I will start working on the update for TIF at the beginning of the month, while working on the editing of the first two chapters.

P.S. I added a few frames for the new game so that you can roughly understand what quality the game will be.
Damn those look awesome.

As for your decision..hmmm..only you can answer that really. Personally I would say continue with TIF...however, I understand your issues and concerns there. Seems far too many are just not getting it and thus, this can/may/does impact your finances. However, many devs do work on multiple games at a time and simply rotate releases. This may be a possible idea for you? Or spend more time perhaps on the new game (if it is a more mainstream theme/genre) to get more exposure/income and continue with smaller updates for TIF until such time as any new player looking at TIF....in one sitting they will get to the meat and bones of the story and it will keep them engrossed? (where as now...as much as many of us love it...I can understand why some would be turned off).

Regardless...as always...I wish you the best and look forward to anything you release.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Damn those look awesome.

As for your decision..hmmm..only you can answer that really. Personally I would say continue with TIF...however, I understand your issues and concerns there. Seems far too mnay are not just getting it and thus, this can/may/does impact your finances. However, many devs do work on multiple games at a time and simply rotate releases. This may be a possible idea for you? Or spend more time perhaps on the new game (if it is a more mainstream theme/genre) to get more exposure/income and conmtinue with smaller updates for TIF until such time as the any new player looking at TIF....in one sitting they will get to the meat and bones of the story and it will keep them engrossed? (where as now...as much as many of us love it...I can understand why some would be turneed off).
100% agree. Wish I could do some money support but alas... whatever you decide I hope it comes back to you ten fold. Seriously best of luck

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Oh and as an aside...only reason this isn't in my sig is due to annoying character limit restrictions heh. Might have to have a rearrange of them so can include this...help get a little more people looking this way perhaps.

(Edit: Done)

• Love
Reactions: PixelsLab

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

View attachment 876455
View attachment 876456 View attachment 876457
Hello everyone!
About reviews on 0.6

First of all, I really want to thank you all for your support. So many positive reviews at a time I have never heard! It feels like a lot of people just realized that the game really has a plot, and that all these scenes and conversations are really leading to something. XD Seriously, thank you! Now I'm in a terrible state – I haven't slept for a week and my back hurts terribly, but I've been walking around with a smile on my face for a few days!

Special thanks to those who support me financially.
I still decided to buy a more powerful video card when I save up for it. And thanks to this support, it no longer looks impossible! We need to try to keep the support level at the same level for a couple of months, and then we will definitely succeed!

See what the problem is. Initially, I planned to make a new game to earn money for creating TIF. I didn't want to worry too much about the quality, just make quick big updates. But it looks like I can't do like that... I sit back and think about every frame, every word, every character now has its own storyline. I still render animations at night, and because of this, I don't get enough sleep all the time. I mean, I'm doing the same thing, just for a different game. And I had this question: "Why?» I can just continue making TIF, especially now I have such support! What do you think? Was I too hasty with the new game? Maybe we should continue TIF, and instead of a new game, start making more content for patrons? The new game isn't going anywhere, is it? Please write your opinion. This is VERY, VERY important to me! I'm afraid of making a mistake.

I will do animations for the new game for now. If we come to the conclusion that it is better to postpone the new game, I will start working on the update for TIF at the beginning of the month, while working on the editing of the first two chapters.

P.S. I added a few frames for the new game so that you can roughly understand what quality the game will be.
I think this is a very difficult question for anyone to answer, even yourself, because both carry inherent risks. For as good as I am sure the side game would be, there's no guarantee that it would achieve the success necessary to help move TIF forward, but sticking with TIF given the issues you've expressed previously does also not guarantee success if the situation doesn't improve. There's also the fact that splitting work between 2 games could add further stresses as it creates an increased workload with 2 audiences now clamouring for regular updates of their preferred games.

I'm always of a mindset that increased marketing could help boost subscriber numbers and there are several devs out there with big audiences who I'm sure would be more than willing to do cross-promotions with you on their Patreon pages, and since not all patrons are on F95 this could help you to improve your profile and get more people to know about your game.

In any case, it probably will just come down to weighing the pros and cons of developing a 2nd game and deciding if it's worth the risk.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
If you ain't into it give up, but don't do 2 games, it's going to be over a year at this rate for releases between Radiant because the devs are working on more than one project, and it just ends up pissing off people when a dev will not commit to a game.

QBaSS

Mar 18, 2019
I can see you are a talented guy and and I think you got what it takes to deliver some quality work
That being said there is no simple answear here really
Reading your previous posts I reckon TIF is your big project and you are really invested in it, but it's not having the kind of success you were aiming for.
On the other hand there's no guarantee you are going to strike gold with a new project
I don't see why you can't work on both projects at your own pace
Of course you'll have to make some compromises but in the end if I were you I'd look at it as a way to improve my skills
You built a little following with TIF and it can give you some breathing space so you are not going to burn out
Hopefully a new project could give you some new ideas and improve your "craftmanship" and it will be beneficial for you and for TIf also
I know nothing about game development so take it with a grain of salt
Wish you best of luck
;)

Reactions: PixelsLab and vmaks

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I can see you are a talented guy and and I think you got what it takes to deliver some quality work
That being said there is no simple answear here really
Reading your previous posts I reckon TIF is your big project and you are really invested in it, but it's not having the kind of success you were aiming for.
On the other hand there's no guarantee you are going to strike gold with a new project
I don't see why you can't work on both projects at your own pace
Of course you'll have to make some compromises but in the end if I were you I'd look at it as a way to improve my skills
You built a little following with TIF and it can give you some breathing space so you are not going to burn out
Hopefully a new project could give you some new ideas and improve your "craftmanship" and it will be beneficial for you and for TIf also
I know nothing about game development so take it with a grain of salt
Wish you best of luck
;)
A big part of his problems with TIF is due to his rendering rig. He needs a big upgrade to be able to do justice to his vision for the project going forward, and he lacks the funds to make it happen!

Really wish I was in a position to help him out with that issue because at this point, I'm invested in the project as well and would like to know how the story turns out.

I am curious though to see how the new game is. The characters look awesome. (PL has some decent DAZ skills!)

Reactions: -L-L-MJ- and QBaSS

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
I'm not a native speaker but I didn't have a problem understanding the english text in this game. It's okay, I've seen way worse. Sure some dialogs may sound awkward to a native speaker but you get the meaning
I'm not native either, though I'm pretty confident in my use and understanding of the language.. all I am saying is that I am sure even on this forum there would be people willing to contribute with some proofreading. ( in exchange for early access maybe?) the point is that some of the more exposition rich "pages" manage to give me the sense of being actually fairly profound and meaningful, or at least written in a style that must be pretty good in the original language... but the translation just is a bit of a grind and doesn't really allow for the immersion we could be enjoying if it was done better... which doesn't take away from the overall quality of the game, but it is a shame, because it doesn't have to be.

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
I am not a patreon subscriber or patron, and I am pretty new on this forum as well, so take my words with the grain of salt reserved to every noob. I don't know about this website, what following you have here and how "interested" they are in you beyond this game (apologies, but I am not about to read 130+ pages of this thread to find out). what I do know is that the people who support you on patreon ARE your people, your comunity and, to an extent, your client base. (I'm a salesman, forgive the skewed perspective). you can and should have a dialogue with them before anything else. tell them step by step the difficulties you have and the choices you have to make, and maybe post a few polls to receive an indication as to what they would like you to work on... then make a call as to whether it is financially valid to do so, maybe even consider crowdfunding for specific goals (I need this computer upgrade in order to be able to produce the next chapter, can you help me out with x amount of money?).. if the patrons are good for the money, you have at least solved a practical issue that might be holding you back.
As for the "I don't know whether I should continue the main game or do something else.. that is really depending on what your finances are, what your dayjob leaves you in terms of resources such as time, energy, health, motivation...
you can also try different avenues to get the word out on this game. going "online comunity" is a route that many find some success with, whether it's streaming on twitch your creative process, holding Q&A streams or reddit AMAs, finding other ways to interact with your fanbase that might lead to expanding it to a level where the patreon angle actually gives you both motivation and a financial boost sufficient to make an informed decision.
As an alternative, have you considered collaborations with other authors/creators? (is that even a thing). It might bring you money and/or further exposition that leads to more patreons, plus they could be short term projects with rapid cycle of satisfaction and give you a boost in energy and morale. or maybe they turn out to be something you dislike to the point where they further motivate you to do your own thing and give you a clearer indication of the direction you want to move in.

Reactions: -L-L-MJ-
Dec 31, 2019
Well I'm finishing playing for the first time (I know, I'm late!), really good game. The english is fine for me, didn't have any problems reading. Huge amount of content, took me a few days to finish, very good.

The renders look great, loved the views and so many hot women, my favorites are Maria and Liv. I loved Liv's model, I think she is the hottest girl in the game. Always hoping for more scenes with them: The real and "not so real" Liv, and Maria.

The minor nitpick I had is that there aren't many choices, wish we could avoid romancing certain characters as I don't really have interest in Katie and Alice but I know it's part of the story. At first I didn't like the MC but he gets better as the game goes on, not a problem for me now.

Loved the story, very mysterious, it can get confusing at first but got me hooked from the start too wanting to know more. It's a very interesting and unique story.

PixelsLab I read the problems you are going through, wish I could help but in the situation I'm in at the moment I can't. Wish you the best and hope you can get it sorted out and continue, you've got a really good and unique game here, looking forward for more of it!

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I'm finally getting around to playing the latest update. I had to pause to tell you PixelsLab how much I enjoy the mc. Flawed, young but doesn't fall into a lot of traps of character most mc do. I've been so distracted by the story and other characters I just had to tell you while it's fresh on my mind. Thank you. :)

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I really hope the choices actualy matter in terms of girls/story. Hopefully turns out Inanna is not the big evil or something along these lines, and allow us to side with Inanna (even if she is evil).

As for the girls i'm only interested in Inanna and Alice so far, Katie and Liv i can't stand at all...

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I really hope the choices actualy matter in terms of girls/story. Hopefully turns out Inanna is not the big evil or something along these lines, and allow us to side with Inanna (even if she is evil).

As for the girls i'm only interested in Inanna and Alice so far, Katie and Liv i can't stand at all...
You don't like Maria's MILFY goodnesss? :devilish:

As for Katie and Liv, are you put off by a particular scene or is your dislike for them deeper seated?

Reactions: PixelsLab

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

Fair enough, I disagree but it takes all kind. I personally want to take down inanna and eve. I won't be distraught if this doesn't happen but it's my wish.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Fair enough, I disagree but it takes all kind. I personally want to take down inanna and eve. I won't be distraught if this doesn't happen but it's my wish.
Hmmm... I can see that. However, while they are certainly ruthless, I'm not completely convinced that either Eve or Inanna is totally evil. Inanna is portrayed as being very influential in the development of civilized humanity. Her being incapacitated and locked away on the island may very well imply some catastrophic, perhaps even existential, repercussions for the rest of the world. I don't think we know enough yet to make an informed judgement.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Hmmm... I can see that. However, while they are certainly ruthless, I'm not completely convinced that either Eve or Inanna is totally evil. Inanna is portrayed as being very influential in the development of civilized humanity. Her being incapacitated and locked away on the island may very well imply some catastrophic, perhaps even existential, repercussions for the rest of the world. I don't think we know enough yet to make an informed judgement.
Touche' and honestly I'm content where the dev takes this strange journey. Baring some puppy killing or something really messed up I will enjoy it to the end come what may :)

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes