VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I wish multilinguality was more encouraged in U.S. schools. Of course, my father's goal was to "mainstream" so he never put an importance on his kids learning Spanish. :(
some don't even learn english properly so other languages wouldn't be any better.

• Sad
Reactions: ZenGarden

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
some don't even learn english properly so other languages wouldn't be any better.
Unfortunately true, but I'd like to think a multilingual American would pay more attention to their first language as well. On the other hand, I was reading a statement elsewhere that German regional dialects are almost impossible to understand by others outside. The same could be said of English dialects in Britain. Of course, this doesn't address the more fundamental issue of some people writing "worse than they speak."

When I was growing up, everyone, despite regional dialects, was expected to write "proper English." It was quite controversial when authors started writing more casually.
Always good to see underboob first thing in the morning. So underused. :)
I can't think of underboob without thinking of the original Star Trek series in the sixties. That was one of the forbidden areas the network censors imposed on the first two seasons (that and showing the female navel). There was a scene in the first season "blooper reel" where the woman was stretching seductively and her outfit showed a little underboob. When informed, you could see her mouthing a "shit" as she pulled it down because they'd have to redo the scene again.

assman1337

Mar 10, 2018
0.7.3 was alright
0.7.1 was better
should have waited for both updates, bit disappointing when after waiting a month or more for an update it ends in 5 minutes

Reactions: vmaks

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
On the other hand, I was reading a statement elsewhere that German regional dialects are almost impossible to understand by others outside. The same could be said of English dialects in Britain.
German regional dialects are hard to understand, but certainly not impossible. You usually get used to it quite fast. There are outliers to that of course (looking at you Switzerland). It's the same with english dialects imho. I went to Manchester once for a football game and it took me an evening in a pub to kinda get the dialect.

Reactions: vmaks

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I wanted to tell you a lot more about the power that Inanna, MC, and others use. I wanted to explain how this force works from a scientific point of view, what are the limitations of these forces. But I realized that it would be very long and I just have nothing to show during the dialogues.
No-no, please, don't even try to explain metaphysical forces, A.K.A. "magic" with science(-fiction). That is the major problem in most cases where sci-fi books or movies or TV-series are trying to explain it. Anyone who has learned enough in the school and/or has read popular science books or watched movies or TV will smell bullshit all over it and that totally ruins it. Always, no exceptions. A magician should never reveal his tricks! Let the reader/watcher do the job for you inside his/her own head by his/her own abilities if he/she wants to.

It's great that you dropped the idea, thank you very much! I hope you'll drop it for good, not just for this time!

I also wanted to ask for advice.
Do any of you use a mobile air conditioner? Due to the heat (+35℃), I can't render. The video card is too hot, and I'm very afraid that it will burn out. And I would really, really not want to buy a new card with such prices.

Due to the fact that I live in a rented apartment, I can not put a full-fledged air conditioner (split system). The choice remains only for the mobile air conditioner. But I have heard that they are very, very bad at cooling and also make terrible noise. Maybe someone has one? If yes, please write your opinion.
They do work. But, generally, the ability of the device in its specs is always overrated. I mean, the m² in the specs that a device is supposed to be able to cool down. If you choose your device by that number, it will highly likely work continuosly and will still not be able to cool down your room. It may be the reason why some people say that it won't work, because they or someone they know has bought a device too small and therefore have negative experiences.
I've had a Midea MPK1-12ERN1-QB4 cooling down a small and low ceiling room of less than 20m² in the attic for 10 years already (I didn't even realize that it has been there for so long before finding the email with the order). It's supposed to be able to cool down a room of 25m², but I would say that it's just about enough for this much smaller room.
So I would say that over-dimensioning your device by 30% is not too much, especially if you have a heat source as powerful as your rendering rig in your room.

Yes, the noise is the main problem if you are unable to get used to it. The compressor is as noisy as a large cooler in a store, but a thick rubber mat ( ) under it will help to keep it down a bit and also keep the noise from spreading through the construction of the building and getting amplified by it.

You have to either stick the exhaust hose through the window (and make sure the hot air won't leak back inside around it) or attach it to the ventilation system of the building (which may bring complaints from your neighbors). Insulating the hose with a mattress or a soft PU foam sheet that you can wrap around it will help to keep the heat from radiating back into the room and this will help a lot.
And you must have a source for the same amount of outside air to flow freely into the room for the device to be able to vent out the hot air through the exhaust. It has to come in from somewhere far enough from the exhaust to not suck the hot air back inside.

The main problem with the portable air conditioners in the beginning of the hot season seems to be that you won't be able to get one, they just suddenly seem to disappear from the stores... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 151 Votes