VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Try the grammar fix in the OP. It should get you through the first few chapters where that still is an issue.

Not sure why that isn't integrated into the game. I guess it's something the authors of the game and the patch would have to agree on.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I found the writing beyond painful and horrible. It is so bad after two attempts at giving this one a go I could not do it anymore. The graphics are decent as are the models, but the story, Engrish and writing are horrible. I see a few comments about a supernatural plot. I never made it there. I just could not get on with the Engrish. So I'm guessing the plot is something like "I see dead people??"
I will admit that It's been ages since I started playing, so I have not been at the beginning recently, but I can not even remember the grammar being an issue.

The story is VERY intricate, so terrible grammar would have made it incomprehensible. I've had no issues comprehending whats going on, so the grammar is just fine for me. Maybe it's rough at the beginning (I just can not remember the grammar being terrible for this game, but like I said it's been years since I started this game)

But the English at the moment is definitely not distracting for me at the slightest. Like I said the plot, especially at the beginning, is very confusing, but English was not the cause of it. It's just a complex plot that reveals itself more and more as the updates roll out.

Last edited:

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
I found the writing beyond painful and horrible. It is so bad after two attempts at giving this one a go I could not do it anymore. The graphics are decent as are the models, but the story, Engrish and writing are horrible. I see a few comments about a supernatural plot. I never made it there. I just could not get on with the Engrish. So I'm guessing the plot is something like "I see dead people??"
Unfortunately, I have to agree with you: the many typos and bad grammar issues definitely are hardly endurable and therefore impact the writing (which could be quite good apart from these) and the comprehensibility of the plot (not only at the beginning).
It's really difficult to "hold the line", to keep the concentration and to actually enjoy the interesting story.

And hey: this VN isn't in early development anymore and proper proof-reading shouldn't be still any matter!

I will admit that It's been ages since I started playing, so I have not been at the beginning recently, but I can not even remember the grammar being an issue.

The story is VERY intricate, so terrible grammar would have made it incomprehensible. I've had no issues comprehending whats going on, so the grammar is just fine for me. Maybe it's rough at the beginning (I just can not remember the grammar being terrible for this game, but like I said it's been years since I started this game)

But the English at the moment is definitely not distracting for me at the slightest. Like I said the plot, especially at the beginning, is very confusing, but English was not the cause of it. It's just a complex plot that reveals itself more and more as the updates roll out.
Congrats that the Engrish isn't your concern and doesn't bother you much. ;)
Indeed the plot seems to be quite complex, in particular with all the "dream sequences", flashbacks etc and it is intoxicating as well. BUT it is even harder to understand as is and could be much more comprehensive and immersive without the bad language. For some people even the best story-driven VN without proper proof-reading, grammar and syntax just sucks :poop:.

Given to the fact that this one's almost a kinetic novel and purely driven by the word itself, it sucks even more!
I would really like to love this VN for its creative story... but that's almost impossible due to its unprofessional language use :sick:.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: supermanz95

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Unfortunately, I have to agree with you: the many typos and bad grammar issues definitely are hardly endurable and therefore impact the writing (which could be quite good apart from these) and the comprehensibility of the plot (not only at the beginning).
It's really difficult to "hold the line", to keep the concentration and to actually enjoy the interesting story.
I feel like I'm playing a different game from you. If you have played up until the last update, you should pretty much be up to date with the plot as well. Most mysteries has been resolved at this time.

So the beginning of the game is intentionally complicated and vague, with the player not really knowing what's going on.

Like I said I do not really remember the grammer being an issue back then, but maybe I just don't remember it.

I plan on replaying the game from the start again, since a lot of mysteries have been revealed in the last couple of updates. So I guess I can only tell after I've played it again.

Reactions: supermanz95

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
0077_56.jpg

Hey! Hello everyone!

As usual, I am preparing a new update for release at the end of the month. This time we got such a picture.

What new?
  • 109 images
  • 4500 words
  • 1 sound
According to the idea, this is version 0.8, as I originally conceived it. But I decided to add another scene, otherwise the chapter looked unfinished. So now this version is 0.7.9, and I will release the end of the eighth chapter at the beginning of next month.

We will continue from the same place where we finished last time. We are waiting for several new discoveries and unexpected moments. I'm sure most of you will be happy with them!

I also want to tell you some personal news, if you don't mind.

I haven't written anything for a long time and there is a reason for that. Several people quit my job, and because of this, we now have large overtime (which is not paid at all). I worked 12 hours for three weeks, plus I spend the whole Saturday at work. Because of this, I again have serious health problems.

I tried to find out from the management when they would hire new people for us, and they told me that they wouldn’t do it yet... In general, today I also wrote a letter of resignation. I was offered to increase my salary so that I stay, but to be honest, I don't really want to live in such overwork. So in two weeks I will be a free person.

Then I am going to rest for a couple of months and take care of my health. Thanks to your support, for the first time in my life I have got extra money, and I can afford a little respite. Thank you so much for that!!!

In addition, I want to spend more time on the game. I think if I can work on the game 5-6 hours a day instead of 2-3, as I usually did, then the updates will become much bigger and better. Of course, I do not believe that I will be able to gain enough support for game to become my main source of income. But it's worth a try, right? Anything can happen.

In general, this is all I wanted to tell you. I'm sorry to load you with personal information, but I think you have the right to know what the developer you support lives by.

I will release the update as soon as it is translated and verified. Hopefully soon. And from October 8, after my dismissal, I hope I will start working with a vengeance.

Thank you for your support!

piedpiper423

Feb 25, 2019
View attachment 1418969

Hey! Hello everyone!

As usual, I am preparing a new update for release at the end of the month. This time we got such a picture.

What new?
  • 109 images
  • 4500 words
  • 1 sound
According to the idea, this is version 0.8, as I originally conceived it. But I decided to add another scene, otherwise the chapter looked unfinished. So now this version is 0.7.9, and I will release the end of the eighth chapter at the beginning of next month.

We will continue from the same place where we finished last time. We are waiting for several new discoveries and unexpected moments. I'm sure most of you will be happy with them!

I haven't written anything for a long time and there is a reason for that. Several people quit my job, and because of this, we now have large overtime (which is not paid at all). I worked 12 hours for three weeks, plus I spend the whole Saturday at work. Because of this, I again have serious health problems.

I tried to find out from the management when they would hire new people for us, and they told me that they wouldn’t do it yet... In general, today I also wrote a letter of resignation. I was offered to increase my salary so that I stay, but to be honest, I don't really want to live in such overwork. So in two weeks I will be a free person.

Then I am going to rest for a couple of months and take care of my health. Thanks to your support, for the first time in my life I have got extra money, and I can afford a little respite. Thank you so much for that!!!

In addition, I want to spend more time on the game. I think if I can work on the game 5-6 hours a day instead of 2-3, as I usually did, then the updates will become much bigger and better. Of course, I do not believe that I will be able to gain enough support for game to become my main source of income. But it's worth a try, right? Anything can happen.

In general, this is all I wanted to tell you. I'm sorry to load you with personal information, but I think you have the right to know what the developer you support lives by.

I will release the update as soon as it is translated and verified. Hopefully soon. And from October 8, after my dismissal, I hope I will start working with a vengeance.

Glad to know the update is coming soon,sorry for your job and health problems,wish you all the best!

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
View attachment 1418969

Hey! Hello everyone!

What new?
  • 109 images
  • 4500 words
  • 1 sound

As others have said. Your health is no.1 priority!

I'll never understand why managers do things like that. Do they really think people will stay in such an environment? It reminds me of the company that decided to move the whole company to a different city assuming that all their employees, including experienced devs, would move there as well. To no one else's surprise no one moved with the company except one new hire.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
yea it is possible but so far hasn't been told.
The answer is no. It wouldn't make sense and it wouldn't fit in the story anyway.

If the dudes want so desperately an incest story they could search somewhere else: I have a few (just a couple of thousand here in F95) names in mind. :whistle:

Reactions: Janus_Apex

maltador

Jun 7, 2017
The answer is no. It wouldn't make sense and it wouldn't fit in the story anyway.

If the dudes want so desperately an incest story they could search somewhere else: I have a few (just a couple of thousand here in F95) names in mind. :whistle:
There was already a kissing scene between the sisters, so, isnt that considered incest? Or just kissing doesnt count? Im pretty sure there's gonna be some stuff with her mother too since she asked if she was a lesbian

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
There was already a kissing scene between the sisters, so, isnt that considered incest? Or just kissing doesnt count? Im pretty sure there's gonna be some stuff with her mother too since she asked if she was a lesbian
The question was about MC involved with his mom/sis.

I wonder why these incest obsessed dudes never request a son-dad or brother-brother relationship :unsure::sneaky:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
The question was about MC involved with his mom/sis.

I wonder why these incest obsessed dudes never request a son-dad or brother-brother relationship :unsure::sneaky:
For the same reason those NTR obsessed dudes never ask for scenes between the male MC that has to get cucked and the asshole male NPC's in sexual action. :p They just want to see what is hot to them.

Last edited:

Ahx

Jul 9, 2021
For the same reason those NTR obsessed dudes never ask for scenes between the male MC that has to get cucked and the asshole male MC's in sexual action. :p They just want to see what is hot to them.
If that's the case then there's no way those dudes can keep up with the story.....i bet they don't even know what inanna is.

TamaMountain

Oct 5, 2018
Just finished my first playthrough of this game.

I have to say Maria is smoking hot and is the main reason Im playing this game. I hope she gets more focus in future updates since I really dont care much for Katie and Alice. Their models just dont do it for me, Alice especially.

Reactions: xXwankerXx
4.00 star(s) 151 Votes