VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

CamSolusar

Dec 5, 2020
Thank god. With everything happening in Russia I saw that he hadn't posted an update since April and was like, "...shit, hope nothing happened to him."

Chaosborn

God of the Chaosborn
Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Thank god. With everything happening in Russia I saw that he hadn't posted an update since April and was like, "...shit, hope nothing happened to him."
I talked to him a bit, he seems fine, he didn't have irl issues, more like paypal issues etc, all those companies cut ties with people from russia, he's active in his discord, so

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
Nah, it seems that he's just inactive on patreon, you can check his discord " In July, I'll definitely finish remaking Chapter 2. I may have time to work on Chapter 10 as well. "
i knew it...the plague of remaking hit this game too...ok, R.I.P. i really wanted to see how the story ended but seems like, so many VN, die cuz of remake\reworks stupidity...i'm rewally pissed off

Chaosborn

God of the Chaosborn
Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
i knew it...the plague of remaking hit this game too...ok, R.I.P. i really wanted to see how the story ended but seems like, so many VN, die cuz of remake\reworks stupidity...i'm rewally pissed off
What do you mean? He's reworking the first few chapters that's it...?

Last edited:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Well, guys, I guess a new update (0.10.3) is out. Dunno whether it's only a beta or it's a fully tested version.

Reactions: Hadgar

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
about what?!
Oh my, you really have never heard of early access?
There are tiers way below the mentioned $40 of course (lowest one is $2 where you can get the game). Only the beta/pre versions are "goodies"/rewards for those high tiers.
And as said, such things are actually quite common in games on Patreon since an eternity...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TRANT and Cojke1996

TRANT

Aug 22, 2017
Oh my, you really have never heard of early access?
There are tiers way below the mentioned $40 of course (lowest one is $2 where you can get the game). Only the beta/pre versions are "goodies"/rewards for those high tiers.
And as said, such things are actually quite common in games on Patreon since an eternity...
wait, what?! You serious? I mean, there are really human beeings out there willing to pay real hard earned money for an unfinished product just because they want to be among the first that can play them?

I refuse that people can be so dumb (or rich) that this can be a legal business strategy!

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
wait, what?! You serious? I mean, there are really human beeings out there willing to pay real hard earned money for an unfinished product just because they want to be among the first that can play them?

I refuse that people can be so dumb (or rich) that this can be a legal business strategy!
People pay on Patreon not to get something early (It doesn't matter if it's a dollar or 1000), but to support a project, and everything else is just an attempt to thank from the author.
But yes, I suppose you can't understand, since you think people who are able to earn enough to support others are stupid.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
I didn't see an amount to pay to get the release, is $7.50 gonna give me the update? :unsure:

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Just clarification: the $40 tier reward that people are mentioning isn't a full update. It's the update art. Dev is currently working on the script and code to go with it. His rework of Chapter 2 is in the translation/editing stage and should be ready for release in a week or so most likely although possibly without complete editing since his editor (That would be me!) is going on vacation next week. I think that people will be happy with the reworked Chapter 2 when it comes out. I know I've been thrilled with what I've seen so far.

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes