VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
You might not have seen much difference, but if you compare the renders directly, the new ones are much improved. Also, the scenes are adjusted in some cases. If you don't want to run the game versions side by side, there were comparison shots posted.
But you are correct, the game was not changed, just brought to the same level of quality overall - which I appreciate.

Even if nothing else had changed besides 'textual improvements' - you know those would have to be rendered anew too, right?
Edit: I first thought you were talking about the textures used here - but it's part of you referring to the new translation, right? Well, my point still stands, giving everything to a proofreader/translator, getting it back, and making it work/testing it would still have needed more than two days.

The story was never meant to be made different - assuming that is what you mean by elaboration. But the early dialogue was in need of a better translation for a better first impression - and you acknowledge this was done.

Now tell me - rendering a whole chapter of the story and getting a new translation for the whole script of that chapter done by someone that has to come back to you with it, as well as adjusting the script where needed and testing it all - how the hell would anyone be able to do that in two days?

I can only applaud PixelsLab for sticking to this gem of a game despite the low support.
I can only applaud him for working on the things that make the game a better product overall instead of just doing your monthly disconnected fap soap opera update without any thought to the rest of what there is.

Could he have done those improvements at another point in time? Sure - but there never is the perfect time to do this and he told us way in advance - everyone actually supporting him that wasn't cool with that could have stopped - or kept the support up as I did.

When I played through the rework, it felt in line with the last updates - which is exactly what I hoped for. Exactly the same as before, but the dialogue was smooth without any 'engrish' and the renders were of the same quality as the current ones, making this one solid game where everything just fits together from beginning to end.
Yeah, don't get me wrong, after comparing the old vs the new.... it's definitely an improvement in the visuals. Which is much appreciated. And the translations is also Huge.

Anyway, i love this game. Can't wait to see what the story unfolds.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
That's the awesome thing about this site. As I was discussing with other users yesterday, this site has the unfortunate status of being labelled as "pirate" when in fact whether it is that or not, it serves a much greater purpose than distributing games freely. I Could quote the other thread directly, but I don't wish to discuss other titles and derail this thread even more than it has been. But the general sentiment was that this site offers a unique opportunity for creators to have a much wider outreach to be able to run on more user platforms (Windows V, 7, 8, 10, 11 or Apple, Unix and mobiles) than you would otherwise. This enables many solo creators to get more feedback and bugtest more in-depth and be able to polish their games.

To quote another user "it's disingenuous to call it 'a pirate site'. Whether this site uploads creations against a creators wishes it still serves a useful purpose." (I forget the user's name now and I'm too lazy on this Saturday morning to break a sweat to find his name anymore lol)
Yeah, that was me. F95 is so much more.
So I'm not giving you advice on how to do business. You're the one giving it. So tell me about your business. Your success. You're a success if you're giving advice, right?
It's amazing how many business and marketing experts there are in this community.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Yeah, that was me. F95 is so much more.

It's amazing how many business and marketing experts there are in this community.
Thanks for popping in, I wanted to credit you for that, because what you said that night we had that back and forth, things you said, made an impression and stuck with me. I wanted to give you proper credit for your take on things. But I was a little too 'self-medicated' to find my ass from my head. lol

Cheers m8!
;)

Reactions: Dragon59

paulmall

Dec 9, 2017
look, the remake of chapter one is not something i expected, if it was for me, i would want to continue the story, because i am very invested in what was created here.

that being said, the remake was a very nice surprise, i see that pixelslab did improve a lot on his storytelling skills. These minor changes he did on the dialogues and the characters moments were minor but it made a huge diference in the story overall, especially with the main character. At the start, he was very generic compared to a lot of games that i seen on this site, witch is why i'm don't really like them. But with these changes, i see that he has a lot of more value as man overall, yes his social skills did get rusty overtime without any human contact, but now his actions are very convincing considering what he has been gone trough his past. And he planted a lot of seeds that makes things a lot more interesting, it gives a new perspective on the story overall.

so the thing is, although i do understand some furstration on the people here wanting a new chapter, i do like this remake, is something that artist wants to explore, on how much they improved and see how can his creation achive his full potential, and honestly, i can relate to that, afterall, i am a comic artist, and i did that for my chapter one. So i do have a lot of respect for pixelslab, that was a very bold move, maybe it wasn't what people wanted but i thing he did the right thing, it may hurt his income, but i still respect his work a lot.

keep the train rolling dude, i'm just glad that this game was not abandoned like a lot of good games that i see in this platform

Last edited:

BorrXL

Jan 6, 2018
look, the remake of chapter one is not something i expected, if it was for me, i would want to continue the story, because i am very invested of what was created here.
New reload chapter 1 is better for me. (y)

Reactions: paulmall

Von Rose

Aug 2, 2021
What the hell, I just started playing this game and things just went from 2 to 100 by chapter 2 when he goes to that dream world.

*POP!*

Nov 22, 2019
My absolute favorite story game so far. I like it even more than City of Broken Dreamers or Summer's Gone.
The girls are super hot, cute and well written. Looking forward to what comes next.

Reactions: Hadgar

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I haven't played this yet but was wondering can you choose who the mc bangs or does he just bang everyone would like to know before I play

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Oh? maybe I will try it then it's just I'm not really a fan of stuff like forced sex scenes so I thought I would ask first
well you can make bad choices so won't advance on other femmes than femme you want paths.

Vualen

Nov 5, 2018
Amazing game, but last version was somehow a bit boring. Hope next one will have more action and animations :)

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I believe this story is told by a native Russian speaker. The weakness of this VN is in the translation. It makes the story difficult to follow, often incomprehensible. I have been following the updates for a couple of years and the deeper we go into the story, the more difficult it gets. It is even more difficult to comprehend when there are long dialogue sections.

Yes, there are a lot of strange uses of phrases (i.e. culminating used for sexual climax). But the sad part is how the story gets lost in translation. It feels like there is a rich story that is deep in lore that wants to be told. But unfortunately, it is buried in incorrect translations, grammar, and typos. I would love to see the author find a great translator so his story can be enjoyed the way it is meant to be.

Oct 22, 2017
I believe this story is told by a native Russian speaker. The weakness of this VN is in the translation. It makes the story difficult to follow, often incomprehensible. I have been following the updates for a couple of years and the deeper we go into the story, the more difficult it gets. It is even more difficult to comprehend when there are long dialogue sections.

Yes, there are a lot of strange uses of phrases (i.e. culminating used for sexual climax). But the sad part is how the story gets lost in translation. It feels like there is a rich story that is deep in lore that wants to be told. But unfortunately, it is buried in incorrect translations, grammar, and typos. I would love to see the author find a great translator so his story can be enjoyed the way it is meant to be.
The translation was only bad in the beginning though? :unsure:
It got better the deeper we go into the story and the last update reworked the translation of Chapter 1 so it is on par with the last one.
While I'm with you in that the story is most likely richer in the Russian original and also shortened in its presentation here as PixelsLab didn't want to overwhelm us with more lore-only updates (which I would have loved to have btw. ;)), I feel like I got everything presented and in an enjoyable way (now) too.
The beginning was rough and I almost quit several times, that is a thing of the past now though.
Things I didn't get were always because I didn't know the mythological background or just actively didn't check/think about it to just get everything through the VN itself.

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes