VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

badjo77

Sep 2, 2017
remake or rework, same thing aka start from scratch.
So it is, he says that he will then add to the game, and what should not be added immediately? Pass 0.1. Why pass by? If they add it later? Go through everything at once from the beginning, if someone will be interested))

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
After playing it... i didn't really see much difference in the renders or story elaboration. It was mainly a textual improvement. The English translation was greatly improved but that's about all... Anyway, this will help consumers enjoy the start of this game and not quit before getting further. I don't know renpy but this could've been done in 2 days instead of 3 months :ROFLMAO:

• Angry
Reactions: forneusXII

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Where did you get that from? Did you come up with it yourself?

I'm redoing the first and part of the second chapter. Then I'll merge it with the main version.
I think when people see "merge," it brings up PTSD flashbacks from "Ecchi Sensei."

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
After playing it... i didn't really see much difference in the renders or story elaboration. It was mainly a textual improvement. The English translation was greatly improved but that's about all... Anyway, this will help consumers enjoy the start of this game and not quit before getting further. I don't know renpy but this could've been done in 2 days instead of 3 months :ROFLMAO:
And you try to play both versions in a row. Maybe then the difference will be noticeable.

Well, or you played with your eyes closed.:unsure:

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Rework looks good, but the old version I think wasn't that bad either. So the improvement here is hard to tell. But I fear a bit about another thing: wanted to check the dialog differences in the script files - but they are now in the devs native language and translated afterwards into english. Well, this will probably be a no go now for my favorite gallery Mod...

Reactions: vmaks

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Don't waste your precious time answering me, communicate in messengers. Perhaps if you work, instead of scratching your tongue, you will redo 0.1, and everyone will notice the difference. By that time, the competitors will have gone far away.))))
Oh, right. And if I don't eat, sleep, and bathe, then there will be updates every day.
Thanks for the advice from a successful man who has accomplished so much in his life that he can hand out advice to developers on a pirate site.

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
is not for you to judge what I have achieved, you yourself have placed your business on a pirate site.That's exactly all you've achieved.
Yes, I have placed. And I'm still sitting here to read feedback on THE GAME, not on how to do it.
And why can't I judge you? Are you the only one allowed to do that?
Please tell me about your successful business. About how you work on your projects. Then your advice will have some weight.

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
This is a topic about your game)) Like I said, you're a lot of tongue-scratching. Which he himself confirmed.
I reply to messages in the topic about MY GAME. And at the same time you answered every message I sent. Moreover, it was you who came to me with your advice. Well, who of us likes to scratch his tongue?

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
I reply to messages in the topic about MY GAME.
Personally, I think it's fantastic that you engage with your readers/fans/critics the way you do. I haven't noticed that many creators taking the time to acknowledge forum comments. But on that same token, you shouldn't have to defend your creations with anyone. Instead you should be proud of having the know-how and creativity to put something like this together.

When I began playing your VN a few weeks back, I had my own criticism about it, but I was also quite happy to see the immense progression you made during its progress while I got deeper into the story. Which basically rendered my criticisms completely worthless. And now, I'm here today eagerly waiting for more. That to me is a clear sign of a successful project.

I think it's important to keep a certain amount of distance from some of the negativity even though it's commendable to be this engaged with your community. I suppose what I'm trying to say is, don't let some clown use up your energy on some ill-conceived opinion.

(y)
:cool:

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
You, of course. I wrote right away, I don't need an answer. But you answer, you demand something from me. Dude, don't quote me and don't answer me.
:unsure: Why?
You write at the topic on my game, I'm subscribed to this topic. I get your messages highlighted.
Why can't I answer, it's so much fun. You brightened up my working day today.
Besides, you haven't told me about your success. You can't just be a talker who teaches others what to do when you haven't created anything yourself.

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Personally, I think it's fantastic that you engage with your readers/fans/critics the way you do. I haven't noticed that many creators taking the time to acknowledge forum comments. But on that same token, you shouldn't have to defend your creations with anyone. Instead you should be proud of having the know-how and creativity to put something like this together.

When I began playing your VN a few weeks back, I had my own criticism about it, but I was also quite happy to see the immense progression you made during its progress while I got deeper into the story. Which basically rendered my criticisms completely worthless. And now, I'm here today eagerly waiting for more. That to me is a clear sign of a successful project.

I think it's important to keep a certain amount of distance from some of the negativity even though it's commendable to be this engaged with your community. I suppose what I'm trying to say is, don't let some clown use up your energy on some ill-conceived opinion.

(y)
:cool:
Wow, thank you so much for such a positive review! Very glad you liked the game! And even more glad you were able to show progress. It's really nice that you're noticing it.

Don't worry about the negativity, it didn't hurt me in any way. It was just funny that a man accuses me of doing something that he is essentially doing himself. And he doesn't interfere with my work in any way. I reply to messages either in my free time or at times like now, when I have a long save in DAZ Studio. Usually it takes 2-4 minutes. This is the time when I respond to messages.

Thanks again for the kind words. I hope I can bring you a new update soon.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
I hope I can bring you a new update soon.
That's the awesome thing about this site. As I was discussing with other users yesterday, this site has the unfortunate status of being labelled as "pirate" when in fact whether it is that or not, it serves a much greater purpose than distributing games freely. I Could quote the other thread directly, but I don't wish to discuss other titles and derail this thread even more than it has been. But the general sentiment was that this site offers a unique opportunity for creators to have a much wider outreach to be able to run on more user platforms (Windows V, 7, 8, 10, 11 or Apple, Unix and mobiles) than you would otherwise. This enables many solo creators to get more feedback and bugtest more in-depth and be able to polish their games.

To quote another user "it's disingenuous to call it 'a pirate site'. Whether this site uploads creations against a creators wishes it still serves a useful purpose." (I forget the user's name now and I'm too lazy on this Saturday morning to break a sweat to find his name anymore lol)

Oct 22, 2017
You might not have seen much difference, but if you compare the renders directly, the new ones are much improved. Also, the scenes are adjusted in some cases. If you don't want to run the game versions side by side, there were comparison shots posted.
But you are correct, the game was not changed, just brought to the same level of quality overall - which I appreciate.

Even if nothing else had changed besides 'textual improvements' - you know those would have to be rendered anew too, right?
Edit: I first thought you were talking about the textures used here - but it's part of you referring to the new translation, right? Well, my point still stands, giving everything to a proofreader/translator, getting it back, and making it work/testing it would still have needed more than two days.

The story was never meant to be made different - assuming that is what you mean by elaboration. But the early dialogue was in need of a better translation for a better first impression - and you acknowledge this was done.

Now tell me - rendering a whole chapter of the story and getting a new translation for the whole script of that chapter done by someone that has to come back to you with it, as well as adjusting the script where needed and testing it all - how the hell would anyone be able to do that in two days?

I can only applaud PixelsLab for sticking to this gem of a game despite the low support.
I can only applaud him for working on the things that make the game a better product overall instead of just doing your monthly disconnected fap soap opera update without any thought to the rest of what there is.

Could he have done those improvements at another point in time? Sure - but there never is the perfect time to do this and he told us way in advance - everyone actually supporting him that wasn't cool with that could have stopped - or kept the support up as I did.

When I played through the rework, it felt in line with the last updates - which is exactly what I hoped for. Exactly the same as before, but the dialogue was smooth without any 'engrish' and the renders were of the same quality as the current ones, making this one solid game where everything just fits together from beginning to end.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 151 Votes