VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
If anyone wants to read why game is abandoned:

I found this game exceptional and way above average, yet it did very poorly financially on patron, and a developer can't live on air so that's the bottom line, even though the story is very engaging the characters are well written as well as dialogs.
I guess if you want a game to succeed just make it a fapfest, as that's what is selling fuck story, and attention to detail.
Let's be real, the game is not on Steam, and people DEV looking is people who play adult games, so sexsual content is very important, but the DEV was going heavily on story and the game was lacking balance between them, if DEV wanted better support he should have done better job with balancing sexsual content and story, even I despite loving the story of the game got bored at some point because of too many text and lack of sexsual parts, there are some games out there doing good job between balancing both, and those games are succesfull, Eternum is good example for that, it's have great lore and story, yet delivers pretty damn good sexsual content along with it.

I'm still sad this game got abandoned, because in the end it was unique and interesting game, but DEV should have done better balancing with the content, and it can still be done, I hope DEV won't abandon the game forever and will comeback later.

Last edited:

Spawn420

Oct 24, 2018
after the many reworks this game has had... some steam reviews nailed the game due to images of alice without even checking if she is indeed a minor or not just as we finally getting some new content for the game... smh...
for the record the game not being on steam isnt the end of the world... plenty of games have never been on steam but the devs still earned from supporters...

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Let's be real, the game is not on Steam, and people DEV looking is people who play adult games, so sexsual content is very important, but the DEV was going heavily on story and the game was lacking balance between them, if DEV wanted better support he should have done better job with balancing sexsual content and story, even I despite loving the story of the game got bored at some point because of too many text and lack of sexsual parts, there are some games out there doing good job between balancing both, and those games are succesfull, Eternum is good example for that.

I'm still sad this game got abandoned, because in the end it was unique and interesting game, but DEV should have done better balancing with the content, and it can still be done, I hope DEV won't abandon the game forever and will comeback later.
Eternum is not a good example at all. Eternum is successful primarily because of the rabid anime boys. Sure, it is also a very good story but don't mistake why the success. The dev also already has a very loyal following of...yup, you guessed it, the same crowd.

The lack of lewds in this was not it's downfall but the setting and story itself (along with very small updates). It's an incredibly unique story and that is why most of us loved it but yeah, it was never going to be financially viable, though even saying that, it has never been a financial golden goose for the dev, yet he still continued with it and often paused Patreon (and the war also fucked him over being able to obtain the funds he was getting). To say it is purely down to money or a lack of lewds is a little too simplistic.

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
Mary is the one who reviewed the game for Steam. The character is Alice.
Oh Ok I heard about her reputation of reviewing games. I believe its another game that has no loli and it was popular here she refused it.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Steam is pretty consistent on this. No grey areas, no high school girls, no lolis.
Sorry, but no, Chasing Sunsets has literal kids in it, and it's on Steam, another game showed the same, and was rejected because of it. There are other games where they do not look 18, the reviewer (Mary) is notorious for rejecting games...

Reactions: Stringy Bob

ShinigamiLORD

Nov 29, 2019
Apparently I read this in 2021 and then again in 2023 but I have no saves when I booted it up and zero recollection of ever doing so...

Scyths

Mar 18, 2019
I'm quite sad that it's abandoned because I liked this one a fair bit, but if I'm going to be honest for the last couple of years I always thought it was only a matter of time before it was abandoned, because updates were quite slow to roll out and it was over very quickly, aka minimal development compared to most others with long waiting time between updates. Sure there might be some other things behind the scene I'm not privy to because this one wasn't one of those I supported because of what I mentioned previously, but if you are a casual browser of the website in hopes of supporting one or a few of these games, this wasn't a good investment, and I doubt more than 1% of the people on this website support a game.

All in all, I hope the dev has success on their future game if they do one, because I'll check it out for sure, if the characters and story are as interesting at least as this one.

Reactions: dolfe67
4.00 star(s) 151 Votes