VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
That's a bummer. Just when the story was starting to get interesting too.

I have experienced and understand the curve balls life throws at you. Sometimes it seems nothing works out but it will in the end. It may not be how we envisioned it but it will be ok

Firebeast

Dec 24, 2021
You are absolutely spot on. I guess it's down to peoples kinks/fetishes and or if a story is more important. I guess most players just want the mindless sex and care for nothing else. Very few of us want our minds stimulated and not just our heads stimulated.

ps. If you haven't give Warlord game a try. I really found the story very interesting. If that type of mythology is your jam.

Grandma's house caters to a completely different niche. You can't really compare the two games.
I get what you mean, but quality is subjective and for many people Grandma's House delivers exactly what they want.
Lots and lots of sex without any story development for more than a year and no ending in sight, despite really needing to end.
But again, it's a matter of opinion and what people want from a game.

Reactions: kibaris

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
This one is a true shame. Story-wise, it has been one of the most interesting games on this platform. I absolutely loved Inanna and the big background story, although I would 100% have to replay the game to remember all of it.

The Intoxicating Flavor was one of the first games here that really showed me that you could write a good and interesting story in an adult setting. I remember when I first played it, there wasn't all that much content. It started slow and felt a little robotic. There was sex with the mom already, but I wasn't hooked and decided to try it out another time.

The next time I tried it, Inanna was there, and boy I was sitting in my room at like 4 am just flying through all those lines of text while they sat in that mind palace which was an awesome fucking background. And man I was hooked. Since then I have always sat out an update or two just so I could enjoy a chunky read.

As to why the game never got popular, I think there could be many reasons, and I haven't played for a bit now because I've been waiting for the next update (which will unfortunately never come, it seems). But I want to list my thoughts here, maybe they help.

The sex scenes: I think they are a big reason why the support was fairly low, or lower than it should've been. They were, at points, robotic and the moan audio was the worst I have ever heard in any game. It's super low quality, not sexy at all, and makes the game seem cheap, which is weird because the story / renders are top notch quality. The angles and buildup were kinda lacking "spice". It was like you pressed "sexy pose" 1, 2, 3 and put them together and were done with it. They were lacking in passion and eroticism, which may be a cultural thing because I notice the same is true for other eastern european developers.

The beginning of the game: I have no experience in developing games on here, but I think the game had a rocky start. It starts really slow, with just 2 or 3 hot girls to look at while nothing much happens. There were also really small updates at times which made me wonder what's going on - maybe motivation was lacking, or 'milking' had started? I know it's not true, but those were my thoughts at the time.

The story is niche: I think not many people are interested in long winded explanations of a deity on how the world came to be. Personally I am, but many others won't be. 200,000 words is a whole fucking lot. If people came to fap to hot redheads, they will get frustrated at some point, especially with how long it took for the elder daughter to finally get some action.

The youngest daughter looks weird: While I really like her character and the dynamic she has with the MC and her sister, her eyes and mouth were off-putting to me at times. She looks possessed, and not in a good way.

MC's powers are useless: It's nice that our guy has powers and can basically do whatever he wants like a half god (I cannot remember what exactly was going on with him). He worked out twice and gained an incredible amount of strength. He's super smart and can do other shit. But.. he never gets to use it. He's just walking around in his flip flops and tank tops and procrastinates 90% of the day until he fools around with either the mom or eldest daughter. That's it.

Of course these are just my personal thoughts and they might differ vastly from how other players feel, but that's what I think was "wrong" with the game and made it less of a success than it was (so far).

Hoping to see you return some day, dev. I really enjoyed your game a lot and I wish you nothing but the best in life.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
MC's powers are useless:
"If only I had such hands,
Hands like a giant
I would fold them on my lap,
I would sit quietly
quieter than a sigh, quieter than a stone" (c) Picnic

MC has a passive-aggressive reaction of resistance to evil, because for me, for example, it is absolutely obvious that all these gods and demigods are outright scoundrels and villains, liars and scammers, endowed with power that it is dangerous to directly oppose. passive sabotage - make a fool of yourself and they will probably leave you alone. =)
if MC were a girl, he could play bimbo - because we know there is little demand for bimbo =)

power corrupts, unlimited power corrupts unlimitly.

Last edited:
Reactions: kardol and zeph19

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
One of the first games I played. Sucks we will never get to see it finished.

Ahx

Jul 9, 2021
WTF!
One of the best VNs of F95 and also one of the 3 VNs I only follow got THE tag!?
What is this feeling... Frustration? Sadness?
I was hoping for a lot of contents after 8 months. This what I-we got. Damn!

• Sad
Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
WTF!
One of the best VNs of F95 and also one of the 3 VNs I only follow got THE tag!?
What is this feeling... Frustration? Sadness?
I was hoping for a lot of contents after 8 months. This what I-we got. Damn!
Tis indeed sad. Hopefully it's temporary...maybe temporary for a few years...but I'll live in hope.

Katrogr

Nov 23, 2022
The author of this game knows how to write excellent text, dialogues and generally interesting stories. It’s just that Russians fundamentally don’t know how to market and PR (and really don't like these two things ), I’m from Russia and I know what I’m talking about

Last edited:

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
"If only I had such hands,
Hands like a giant
I would fold them on my lap,
I would sit quietly
quieter than a sigh, quieter than a stone" (c) Picnic

MC has a passive-aggressive reaction of resistance to evil, because for me, for example, it is absolutely obvious that all these gods and demigods are outright scoundrels and villains, liars and scammers, endowed with power that it is dangerous to directly oppose. passive sabotage - make a fool of yourself and they will probably leave you alone. =)
if MC were a girl, he could play bimbo - because we know there is little demand for bimbo =)

power corrupts, unlimited power corrupts unlimitly.
It's the first I've heard that quote, but it fits perfectly and I will remember it for a long time, I think. It's beautiful and what you're saying makes absolute sense.

It just doesn't fly for a main character, at least in my opinion. If he was a side character, I would love for him to be some kind of Tom Bombadil. But he's the center of this story, so at some point he should become annoyed enough at being toyed with to the point where he goes on his hero's journey to correct things. And after he's done, he can go back to his little island or cabin in the forest and take it easy again. Obviously, not that much time has passed in the story, but in the real world, it's been almost 5 years since the first version of this game. It's a difficult subject since one has to see it from two angles, I guess.

Reactions: Firebeast

MaximMuster

Jul 23, 2018

Full Version
PC
MAC
Android
Update Only 0.10.2 to 0.10.6
PC
MAC
What's new?
  • 92 images.