VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

Deximay

May 29, 2017
TLDR

but from what I read it´s the old lyre: as long as dev´s create work only for the money and not for the passion we will see projects getting abandoned no matter how ambitious they are and how much potential they have.
Preach. We need devs with the heart of a degen without having a cave-dweller mindset to write stories around here.

tewinter

Nov 17, 2017
Eternum is not a good example at all. Eternum is successful primarily because of the rabid anime boys. Sure, it is also a very good story but don't mistake why the success. The dev also already has a very loyal following of...yup, you guessed it, the same crowd.
I'll have to partially disagree with this part, while the success is indeed helped by the visuals it is not the main reason, the previous game and Eternum's story and writing helped the dev establish himself with his crowd, if visuals were the main factor then most other games that use Honey Select as a foundation would be just as successful.

With that said everything else you said is pretty on point, the smaller updates, setting and IMO the rework (which I think was good) is what held this game back, I still really like the game and it's premise, but I can see why it wasn't a hit. All in all it's sad to see a game I've enjoyed pretty much from the first release get shafted, hope everything goes well for the Dev.

and I know it's ironic coming from someone with an anime girl as a PFP, but this image just cracks me up, I don't even like anime in general

Reactions: Noid42

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
what??? it has been abandoned?? but it is been updated , even if very short one, not so much time ago...there are games outhere that (like bare witness, bad memories ,shut up and dance , and so on) that their last update is much older than this...hope is not a dev decision , cuz it was near the end and things were becoming explained finally...c'mon

Last edited:
Reactions: onefingersalute

Skyxee

Feb 3, 2020
TLDR

but from what I read it´s the old lyre: as long as dev´s create work only for the money and not for the passion we will see projects getting abandoned no matter how ambitious they are and how much potential they have.
I don't think its fair to accuse this guy of doing it only for the money. I think its more than fair for him to focus on himself and give up on this very time intensive thing that can't help him rn. If he is to be believed, he has a lot of health issues, has very little money and a shit job to go with it. He also barely even managed to retrieve the money he was already given from patreon.

If he was in an ok situation and then said "This doesnt make as much money as I want it to" or something like that, then fine, call him out for being greedy or only doing it for the money, but I don't find this dev to be that malicous. I may be wrong about him, but bassed on what he has said, I think that his decision to stop is more than fair.

Again, my take is based on info provided by the dev, and that info may well be very biased, so keep that in mind.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
Mary you little false prude shit...i hope you can go to hell... what a shitty platform had become Steam , and i was there from the beginning (not so much anymore)..there are ton of games with worst content and char looking that's for sure...but hey maybe they aren't russian. Hypocrite

• Hey there
Reactions: IRebel

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Mary you little false prude shit...i hope you can go to hell... what a shitty platform had become Steam , and i was there from the beginning (not so much anymore)..there are ton of games with worst content and char looking that's for sure...but hey maybe they aren't russian. Hypocrite
Are there games on Steam including loli with 3D visuals? I get the 2D anime visual often get a pass, but 3D is not the same with how more realistic it is. The redhead (Teagan I think?) is clearly very young

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
All these people who supposed loved this...yet never noticed it was actually abandoned almost 2 months ago...

Now an old update suddenly appears here...all hell breaks loose and the thread has never been busier lmao.

*shakes head*

• Thinking Face
Reactions: indio68

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
TLDR

Can't keep busting your ass, putting out a compelling story and getting peanuts while some of the shittiest most simplistic games on here are thriving. Passion for a project you've spent years on will eventually wear, I don't care who you are.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
TLDR

Preach. We need devs with the heart of a degen without having a cave-dweller mindset to write stories around here.

Yeah, sure. Fuck the guy for needing money to live. Statements like this are so clearly not only entitled, but also coming from people who don't know what it's like to have to scrounge together pennies.
The guy didn't earn much with the game, then patreon stopped paying to Russian accounts, so he couldn't get to the little money he made, then he had to borrow money just to live and FYI we are talking about 3000 bucks for six months or so, could you live off that? On top of that he has serious health issues, with a lot of pain, and yet he fought to continue this game, that obviously was very important to him.

Look, if you earn money another way and just think you can make more money off a game and when that doesn't happen you give up, then your statements would be right, but if you continue working on a game for years, not getting much money and still having to live off it and then war, your health and fucking assholes at patreon and steam make it impossible, that's a different animal.
I get being frustrated about this game ending prematurely, I hate that as well, and I get being frustrated with devs not willing to invest anything into a game and rather giving up, once it doesn't turn out to earn them tons of money, but you still have to look at the individual cases.
It's clear that this wasn't a decision that came easy to Pixelslab, he hung on until he couldn't any more.

I wish every dev would be willing to endure so much for his game.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Such a shame a game with consistent updates for 5 years couldnt get a decent ending. Oh well
The last couple years have seen consistent 5mn updates. It was only a matter of time before it'd be abandoned, so no surprise from my side.

The story is unique, somewhat interesting with great renders, but that's not really what I'm willing to support. Lack of lewds and kinks was a thing

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial Android port of The Intoxicating Flavor v0.10.6.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my Android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like Windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11+), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Tkoyama

Feb 25, 2020
NOoooOOOoooooooOOOoooooooOOOOoooOOOoooooooOOOoooooooOOOOoooOOOoooooooOOOoooooooOOOOoooOOOoooooooOOOoooooooOOOOoooOOOoooooooOOOoooooooOOOOoooOOOoooooooOOOoooooooOOOOoooOOOoooooooOOOoooooooOOO!!!!!!!!

• Sad
Reactions: belovedeggs
4.00 star(s) 151 Votes