VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
42 images in about a month is nowhere near "good progress". That's 10% of an update for some devs.
And its also 100%+ more than other devs. The amount is not great but its still ok.
42 images might be just 10% to some devs, but not all devs have a team behind the project, some work solo, some don't have the state of the yard machines to render stuff at a rapid pace, some have a full time job, some have families, these are all things that must be taken in consideration. And didn't Pixelslab's old GPU fry up or something and he had to get a new one? That slows progress too.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
42 images might be just 10% to some devs, but not all devs have a team behind the project, some work solo, some don't have the state of the yard machines to render stuff at a rapid pace, some have a full time job, some have families, these are all things that must be taken in consideration. And didn't Pixelslab's old GPU fry up or something and he had to get a new one? That slows progress too.
I don't know if Pixelslab's GPU died or not but i agree with the rest of your post.

On the other hand i can understand that people are not satisfied. If something is good you just want more.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I don't know if Pixelslab's GPU died or not but i agree with the rest of your post.

On the other hand i can understand that people are not satisfied. If something is good you just want more.
I guess that the important point that the game is still good and is being developed at a reasonable pace, no matter how many images/words that are produced between updates.
It's not wrong to want more, wanting more just means you like what you're playing and so forth, that's flattery right there.
But what I'm saying is that people should be a bit more reasonable and considerate, that's all :p

Reactions: Abibliboop

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
It's not wrong to want more, wanting more just means you like what you're playing and so forth, that's flattery right there.
But what I'm saying is that people should be a bit more reasonable and considerate, that's all :p
Stop writing stuff where i have to agree to. :p

Of course they should be more reasonable but people have different tempers and different ways to express themselfs.

Reactions: Eerie Entity

x_man

Dec 18, 2017
um guys quick question this new vr 2.4 is demo so when dose the normal 0.2.4 is out ?

vmaks

Sep 13, 2018
developer in a rage:
Sent version 0.2.5 to translate.
What's new?

71 images.

1700 words.

A terribly unpleasant update for me. There are a lot of interactions with objects in the scenes, so I had to take a lot of small details like fingers, etc. In general, when it’s ready, I will post a demo, if no one has any complaints, I’ll post a version for $ 10, then for $ 5, and then and for $ 1. Everything is as usual.

Oh yeah, someone from $ 20 + laid out in open access version 0.2.4 Demo.

I want to thank this man. This is a HERO who could punish a brazen developer for his greed!

I was ready for plums on pirate sites, but I was not ready for the fact that it would be at such early stages. Now, instead of doing an update, I will think how to find and ban this person. I immediately warn you, I don't give a damn if you paid $ 20 or $ 100 and $ 100,000, it’s important that there are dozens of people besides you who HADLY awaited the new version. Even if they paid 10 times less than you. I don't know why you did it. I think this is a punishment for having released version 0.2.5 for so long. But thanks, that taught me a lot. I trust all too lightly. I apologize to the rest of my patreons. I think of how to repay in another way!

Fuh ... I thought the limit of problems this month ended on a video card, but everything seems to be just beginning.

Okay, I went to work. As soon as the translation appears, I will release an update. See you!
update soon

Deleted member 1023239

Nov 19, 2018
42 images in about a month is nowhere near "good progress". That's 10% of an update for some devs.
atleast he managed to do it right, not giving us some scaming teasing story that makes blue ball out of you every update, be thankfull to this dev since he have problem yet he still responsible doing his job not to abandoned it

Reactions: Raksha17

meigame

Engaged Member
Dec 2, 2017
'tis only a demo but alas, here you go:

The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.2.4 Demo] (192 MB)

lossy compression was used, so the image quality is slightly worse than the original

PC: - -

@muttdoggy my man, can you update the OP? thanks
thank you

ANUBIS969

Dec 9, 2017
Hey Guys, can you pls tell me if finally a Sex Scene in the new update with the suuuuper hot and beautiful Sister with the red short Hair? Thank you for your Time :D

FroKe88

May 15, 2017
developer in a rage:
Sent version 0.2.5 to translate.
What's new?

71 images.

1700 words.

A terribly unpleasant update for me. There are a lot of interactions with objects in the scenes, so I had to take a lot of small details like fingers, etc. In general, when it’s ready, I will post a demo, if no one has any complaints, I’ll post a version for $ 10, then for $ 5, and then and for $ 1. Everything is as usual.

Oh yeah, someone from $ 20 + laid out in open access version 0.2.4 Demo.

I want to thank this man. This is a HERO who could punish a brazen developer for his greed!

I was ready for plums on pirate sites, but I was not ready for the fact that it would be at such early stages. Now, instead of doing an update, I will think how to find and ban this person. I immediately warn you, I don't give a damn if you paid $ 20 or $ 100 and $ 100,000, it’s important that there are dozens of people besides you who HADLY awaited the new version. Even if they paid 10 times less than you. I don't know why you did it. I think this is a punishment for having released version 0.2.5 for so long. But thanks, that taught me a lot. I trust all too lightly. I apologize to the rest of my patreons. I think of how to repay in another way!

Fuh ... I thought the limit of problems this month ended on a video card, but everything seems to be just beginning.

Okay, I went to work. As soon as the translation appears, I will release an update. See you!
update soon
and then maybe it's one person he just thanked a lot :oops:

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of The Intoxicating Flavor v0.2.4.
users having problems to use the <enter> key on their virtual keyboard, can now use the <Ok> button within the input screen.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Pica-bu

Dec 21, 2017
Look, at the end of a day people can say whatever they want in this site (as long as moderator approve) people can be happy for update, that they been waiting for so long, people can be upset, because of shortness of update, that's all understandable - but lets not forget, that here we have the ability, to play games free. And now ask yourself - 42 imeges and 1000 words - if you were patron, and dev charges you to pay 20 bacs for that update - would you be at least little upset?
I anderstand, that dev may have some problems in life, full time job, not have a team like icstor (Milfy City) wich if you do the math you realize that next update will be like in April, or don't abandoned the project (yea I'm looking at you Dark Silver) but that 74 patrons must feel like they they bought Fallout 76 where there is no fucking things to do. Just my opinion.

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Look, at the end of a day people can say whatever they want in this site (as long as moderator approve) people can be happy for update, that they been waiting for so long, people can be upset, because of shortness of update, that's all understandable - but lets not forget, that here we have the ability, to play games free. And now ask yourself - 42 imeges and 1000 words - if you were patron, and dev charges you to pay 20 bacs for that update - would you be at least little upset?
I anderstand, that dev may have some problems in life, full time job, not have a team like icstor (Milfy City) wich if you do the math you realize that next update will be like in April, or don't abandoned the project (yea I'm looking at you Dark Silver) but that 74 patrons must feel like they they bought Fallout 76 where there is no fucking things to do. Just my opinion.
What month are you talking about? Between version 0.2.3 and version 0.2.4, in which I added 42 images, 5 days have passed. I never told anyone that someone should pay me something. Once, in the first days after the release of version 0.1, I asked for money to translate. But there are always those who accuse me of greed and laziness, although I still have not taken a cent.

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
I don't get it, is he meming or something ? Where the joke ? Is he mad that one of his 20$ patrons leaked the update ?
The guy could have been as much a supporter of dev as a fiend for likes on Somalian pirate forum for fictional adult smut enthusiasts.

Pica-bu

Dec 21, 2017
What month are you talking about? Between version 0.2.3 and version 0.2.4, in which I added 42 images, 5 days have passed. I never told anyone that someone should pay me something. Once, in the first days after the release of version 0.1, I asked for money to translate. But there are always those who accuse me of greed and laziness, although I still have not taken a cent.
Well first of all I never said anything about a month or big gaps between release, and second "I never told anyone that someone should pay me something." your quote, but you get me wrong, what I ment is this "The Intoxicating Flavor 0.2.4 Demo ENG\RUS(Windows\Mac) Download for 20$ patreon" from your site. So people, whom paid 20$ are going to have 42 imeges and 1000 words. And thats it, thats all I'm trying to say.
And btw I never accuse you of "greed and laziness".

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Well first of all I never said anything about a month or big gaps between release, and second "I never told anyone that someone should pay me something." your quote, but you get me wrong, what I ment is this "The Intoxicating Flavor 0.2.4 Demo ENG\RUS(Windows\Mac) Download for 20$ patreon" from your site. So people, whom paid 20$ are going to have 42 imeges and 1000 words. And thats it, thats all I'm trying to say.
And btw I never accuse you of "greed and laziness".
They will receive 235 images and 6,000 thousand words at that time, or 156 Images + 37 (Extra) at 0.2.3 for + $ 10, or wait a couple of weeks and download version 0.2.5 for free from this forum. That is, no one pays for 42 images, but pays for early access to them. Unfortunately, this is all that I can offer to keep the project afloat and never hide it. Sorry I'm not as experienced as icstor.
By the way, I tried to add EXTRA-content to thank those who supported me, but as you can see this version has already been leaked, which means there is no sense to support me again.

According to this logic, it turns out that any novice developer should do everything at his own expense, but when he will do +1000 images per month, then he deserves to be supported.

Notice, I never hid the size of future updates and anyone can find out what he will get for supporting the game.

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes