Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
basically a lesbian driven game,with a small amount of mc getting some sex but not of his sisters and some guy getting it on with some of the females.pretty boring
What is with incest storyline that so many people expect the Male Protagonist to be banging his sisters so soon? We have got to the point already where the twins have started to fantasize about him and he is starting to think about them.....

We have not even got to the main intended storyline yet. You know, the bit where they are on "The Island".....

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well i read all the page 1 comments and really appreciate the dev response. keep working buddy. aside from Any misgivings i or people may have it looks like a bit of fun. i just want to know, who is the FUGLY bitch in red in the banner. get a bag for her man.
if you think she's ugly then you have weird taste on women.

MichaelFenix

Fenix Games
Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
While I appreciate the extra mile you're taking to try and help here, if you're the only person who can see the images just fine, and everybody else is having trouble...I'm just trying to phrase this in the most polite way possible, but...are you sure we're the ones that need the monitor re-calibration? It just seems like whatever you're using as a baseline for Gamma on your own machine is a bit...off.
Yeah It's weird the comments I'm getting about the darkness seem to be one extreme or the other. Some people say they are fine for them others say hardly viewable. The big problem I am having as well is no one is providing any screen caps for me to compare to what we each see so kinda playing guess work for the most part on this issue. How to get it right with my monitors is seeming to be the issue apparently. because the light's are all measured in lumens on the program I use so the sauna for example has 7 candles in it for a candlelight effect. a candle is only 14 lumens, the sun is 440 in the real world, in the program each candle is set to 1 million and that is the result. now on my monitor, it showed as a little darker than intended but still viewable. this is a photo of my settings as they have always been since coming out of the box, same on my second tower. So what I am thinking now is when I make the renders they may have to look a little bright for me to display at the level of darkness I am intending them to be seen at. I was fearful of running into this back when I started and decided to use natural looking light at night instead of the "blue light filter" used in movies and many other forms of media. I personally find it repulsive, If I wanted to see something where everyone is tinted blue, I'd watch the smurfs. I see now why so many use it, so they don't run into this problem. I will, however, find some happy medium eventually because as I am sure most have figured out, down the road in the story there is going to be ALOT of outdoor night scenes. After V8 is completely finished and released and I finish the opening scene of V9, I plan on re-rendering the 2 major scenes that have garnered the most complaints (About the darkness) which is the sauna scene from 6 and the scene with Naida from 7 to make them a bit brighter. it's about 150 renders to re-do so should not delay things too much and hopefully in the process figure out where to set things for a good view of night scenes. 20201224_141053.jpg

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
brightness is just fine on lit scenes but on non-lit (sauna and bedroom) it's pitch black.

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur
Sep 8, 2020
I'll be honest here.. I haven't played this, was going to try it but since the MC is basically a playboy and doesn't even have interest in the girls plus thread saying it is basically a kinetic novel with the MC getting very little sex because the girls go with other guys or turn lesbian.. I think I'll pass.. Even has 'step family' stuff, so I get why MC gets very little have to avoid anything with Patreon watching over you.
MC does have an interest in the girls and there is a patch to make it not "step family" and just normal family...

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
I'm only at the point where the receptionist shows up but I'd be totally cool with him leaving with Gargoyle and the clone who I can only imagine had a dose of Dee Snyder mixed into the DNA cocktail.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't understand what happens after the MC and young Amelia is rescued by his Amelia and Rebecca. Why the no sex rule all of the sudden? Since when was her relation with Rebecca exclusive? After the countless times she sucked his ball dry on the station?! The first thing I expected from those two was to be on him all night long at least on the first night. He fucked Rebecca after watching her shower almost every day on the station, but here neither of them want to even touch?!?!

Is it just to add more gameplay?! Is it that he is in another body?
Uhhh, I'm not that far in but are you sure you're in the wrong topic? I think you meant to post this to the Water World topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Deleted member 1399911

May 8, 2019
MC does have an interest in the girls and there is a patch to make it not "step family" and just normal family...
Ok.. Step family isn't an issue for me.

The issues I've read in the thread though of an 'orgy' with girls leaving and the rest becoming lesbians, is my issue, why play and get to know these girls if they all tell the MC to fuck off after they have group sex..

If MC has interest in the girls this makes it annoying for me, yea it isn't NTR but close enough, if those are the girls you liked.

XerxesBlack

Jun 14, 2020
0.7 on Mac ends at 0.6 and returns to main menu.

Yeah It's weird the comments I'm getting about the darkness seem to be one extreme or the other. Some people say they are fine for them others say hardly viewable. The big problem I am having as well is no one is providing any screen caps for me to compare to what we each see so kinda playing guess work for the most part on this issue. How to get it right with my monitors is seeming to be the issue apparently. because the light's are all measured in lumens on the program I use so the sauna for example has 7 candles in it for a candlelight effect. a candle is only 14 lumens, the sun is 440 in the real world, in the program each candle is set to 1 million and that is the result. now on my monitor, it showed as a little darker than intended but still viewable. this is a photo of my settings as they have always been since coming out of the box, same on my second tower. So what I am thinking now is when I make the renders they may have to look a little bright for me to display at the level of darkness I am intending them to be seen at. I was fearful of running into this back when I started and decided to use natural looking light at night instead of the "blue light filter" used in movies and many other forms of media. I personally find it repulsive, If I wanted to see something where everyone is tinted blue, I'd watch the smurfs. I see now why so many use it, so they don't run into this problem. I will, however, find some happy medium eventually because as I am sure most have figured out, down the road in the story there is going to be ALOT of outdoor night scenes. After V8 is completely finished and released and I finish the opening scene of V9, I plan on re-rendering the 2 major scenes that have garnered the most complaints (About the darkness) which is the sauna scene from 6 and the scene with Naida from 7 to make them a bit brighter. it's about 150 renders to re-do so should not delay things too much and hopefully in the process figure out where to set things for a good view of night scenes. View attachment 971516
0.7 on Mac ends at 0.6 and returns to main menu.

Do I need to delete old saves? If so, anyone got saves that would would?

Had similarly issues with darkness.
I wondered if a side desk lamp would've helped.

Xillop

Jul 30, 2018
Yeah It's weird the comments I'm getting about the darkness seem to be one extreme or the other. Some people say they are fine for them others say hardly viewable. The big problem I am having as well is no one is providing any screen caps for me to compare to what we each see so kinda playing guess work for the most part on this issue. How to get it right with my monitors is seeming to be the issue apparently.....
Hi, Thanks for the explanation and for creating and sharing your game. I thought I would make a comment about this because it's a very subjective topic and one I've had to deal with in the past too.

How a scene (or image) looks on one persons computer / monitor will vary considerably to another persons. There are too many influencing factors, like video card settings / profiles, monitor type / age / quality, type of device being used (tablet / pc etc) and the largest factor is the amount and quality of ambient light in the room. So playing your game at night with no room lights on, then your Naida scene is a little easier to see, but play it during the day in a room with lots of natural light and that scene is basically black. The other factors are not just what settings you have configured on your video card, but also what the monitor is physically set to in regards to profile / brightness / contrast and gamma. There are too many factors that you can't control, so I would suggest that you don't attempt to factor them in, but this is does not mean the end of this topic though.

I myself use products from X-rite to correctly calibrate my monitors. These are devices you plug into USB then set on the monitor. They run a test pattern and at that time also record ambient room light. They then create a colour profile for that monitor under those specific room lighting conditions. That way when I am editing photos taken for customers (and I use X-rite colour checker / passport to create colour profiles for all my DSLR's too), I know the colours are accurate, irrespective of what device the customer chooses to view the photos on (mobile / tablet / laptop or pc etc).

Those calibration products may or may not be beneficial for you, but one small thing I would suggest, is not focus on all the numbers and values with your settings, but actually inspect your images. Best way to do this is, not by viewing them, but by checking the histogram. This will give you a much better understanding as to how it will be displayed. So render a frame (or image) then load that image into a photo viewing / editing program, such as adobe lightroom, adobe photoshop or free programs like Nikon's Capture NX-D.

Viewing the histogram is the best way to see it. If the graph is all bunched up in the far left then it's too dark, if it's all bunched up in the right, it's too light. Use a program that can give you a RGB histogram so that way you can check each channel.

If you do a test and render a scene (like the twins with Nova), their room scenes have the standard / expected histogram graph shape. From there I would assume you can just decrease the light source intensity until you create a more ambient mood?

I see in a previous post someone has already provided an example of a histogram from one of your images and the graph is very condensed to the left. They will display dark to black for majority of people, especially if viewed in a room with reasonable ambient light. For me I would consider them way too dark and that would not be something I could return to a paying customer.

Hope that helps.

MichaelFenix

Fenix Games
Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
Hi, Thanks for the explanation and for creating and sharing your game. I thought I would make a comment about this because it's a very subjective topic and one I've had to deal with in the past too.

How a scene (or image) looks on one persons computer / monitor will vary considerably to another persons. There are too many influencing factors, like video card settings / profiles, monitor type / age / quality, type of device being used (tablet / pc etc) and the largest factor is the amount and quality of ambient light in the room. So playing your game at night with no room lights on, then your Naida scene is a little easier to see, but play it during the day in a room with lots of natural light and that scene is basically black. The other factors are not just what settings you have configured on your video card, but also what the monitor is physically set to in regards to profile / brightness / contrast and gamma. There are too many factors that you can't control, so I would suggest that you don't attempt to factor them in, but this is does not mean the end of this topic though.

I myself use products from X-rite to correctly calibrate my monitors. These are devices you plug into USB then set on the monitor. They run a test pattern and at that time also record ambient room light. They then create a colour profile for that monitor under those specific room lighting conditions. That way when I am editing photos taken for customers (and I use X-rite colour checker / passport to create colour profiles for all my DSLR's too), I know the colours are accurate, irrespective of what device the customer chooses to view the photos on (mobile / tablet / laptop or pc etc).

Those calibration products may or may not be beneficial for you, but one small thing I would suggest, is not focus on all the numbers and values with your settings, but actually inspect your images. Best way to do this is, not by viewing them, but by checking the histogram. This will give you a much better understanding as to how it will be displayed. So render a frame (or image) then load that image into a photo viewing / editing program, such as adobe lightroom, adobe photoshop or free programs like Nikon's Capture NX-D.

Viewing the histogram is the best way to see it. If the graph is all bunched up in the far left then it's too dark, if it's all bunched up in the right, it's too light. Use a program that can give you a RGB histogram so that way you can check each channel.

If you do a test and render a scene (like the twins with Nova), their room scenes have the standard / expected histogram graph shape. From there I would assume you can just decrease the light source intensity until you create a more ambient mood?

I see in a previous post someone has already provided an example of a histogram from one of your images and the graph is very condensed to the left. They will display dark to black for majority of people, especially if viewed in a room with reasonable ambient light. For me I would consider them way too dark and that would not be something I could return to a paying customer.

Hope that helps.
Big thanks for that, I have photoshop and hopefully will get some better night images going forward. Now with already rendered images would you say feeding them into photoshop and using the auto-brightness would be enough or would a whole new render be needed? this is one from one of the scenes in question and I just added a brightness/contrast mask to it and feel that it doesn't look bad on my end. If this would be acceptable then when people say a scene is too dark I can just batch the 75 or so renders into photoshop and a couple clicks each and fixed.
Screenshot_1.jpg

Last edited:

amiable34

Jan 1, 2019
What is with incest storyline that so many people expect the Male Protagonist to be banging his sisters so soon? We have got to the point already where the twins have started to fantasize about him and he is starting to think about them.....

We have not even got to the main intended storyline yet. You know, the bit where they are on "The Island".....
just how far is this island.he must be walking there as its over a year now.

• Haha

MichaelFenix

Fenix Games
Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
Ok so with some tooling around in photoshop I wanted to try something and see if it works.

This is a link to all of the images from the chapter 6 sauna scene with an auto-brightness/contrast filter applied. Anyone who had a hard time seeing the scene please download this and take a look at the images and post here if they look good on your monitors or not if some are still particularly bad for you then please post the image number in a comment so I can see about possibly re-rendering it.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
still bit dark but could actually see something pitch black. unless it's meant that sauna is place for sleeping then don't see reason for it being so badly lit (could mug some1 there and victim couldn't tell much about attacker).

MichaelFenix

Fenix Games
Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
still bit dark but could actually see something pitch black. unless it's meant that sauna is place for sleeping then don't see reason for it being so badly lit (could mug some1 there and victim couldn't tell much about attacker).
Every sauna I have ever been in has been rather dimly lit so based the lighting off of experience. After that I kind of toned it down a bit more to go for a relaxing atmosphere since the MC's intentions was to take a nap, I think a part of the problem with this scene is the steam spere used to create the foggy effect as well. Did you find any particular image hard to see or any difficulty telling what was going on in general?

Comaco

Aug 10, 2017
Every sauna I have ever been in has been rather dimly lit so based the lighting off of experience. After that I kind of toned it down a bit more to go for a relaxing atmosphere since the MC's intentions was to take a nap, I think a part of the problem with this scene is the steam spere used to create the foggy effect as well. Did you find any particular image hard to see or any difficulty telling what was going on in general?
In my part of the world, I have never seen a dimly lit sauna, so it must be a cultural thing.

In the sauna scene, I could see where the characters were, and who they were, but barely being able to see anything but outlines, all the interesting stuff was hidden. :(

MichaelFenix

Fenix Games
Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
In my part of the world, I have never seen a dimly lit sauna, so it must be a cultural thing.

In the sauna scene, I could see where the characters were, and who they were, but barely being able to see anything but outlines, all the interesting stuff was hidden. :(
in they story itself? or in the new package I uploaded?

2.90 star(s) 36 Votes