Jul 21, 2019
I love this game since when this game could release on STEAM or other platform? if this game finish and fully completed story ill buy it

SWAJ

The Island
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
I love this game since when this game could release on STEAM or other platform? if this game finish and fully completed story ill buy it
This game will be free to play even when fully completed! :) I only have a Patreon running and listen to my pledgers to add features they want to see added otherwise I don't plan to release the game on paying plateforms.

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
Having started the game and played through until the actual primal regression mechanic kicks in (at the stealth tutorial now), I have some feedback. The pace of the game feels too slow, just in terms of how fast your character is, even with sprinting. Kicking the speed of everything up to 1.5x of what it is now would be a great quality of life improvement.
Also, some minor walkthrough would be a nice touch, not even in-game, just as a document briefly outlining how to progress through the main quest points as of now, what scenes exist and how the mechanics function more precisely, such as what primal regression actually affects, what does hunger do, etc.

Edit: Also, just noticed that enemies keep moving while the game and time is paused. Seems a little bullshit.
Edit 2: Also, you sometimes get blatantly stuck. Two notable spots include when you first interact with David after reaching the island from the left instead of from below, and coming back to the area just in front of the second campsite from the right.
And the second one seems to have just softlocked me, since it happens even after reloading an autosave from the previous area. Yeah, I think I'll stop for now and wait on a few more updates.

Last edited:

SWAJ

The Island
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Having started the game and played through until the actual primal regression mechanic kicks in (at the stealth tutorial now), I have some feedback. The pace of the game feels too slow, just in terms of how fast your character is, even with sprinting. Kicking the speed of everything up to 1.5x of what it is now would be a great quality of life improvement.
Also, some minor walkthrough would be a nice touch, not even in-game, just as a document briefly outlining how to progress through the main quest points as of now, what scenes exist and how the mechanics function more precisely, such as what primal regression actually affects, what does hunger do, etc.

Edit: Also, just noticed that enemies keep moving while the game and time is paused. Seems a little bullshit.
Edit 2: Also, you sometimes get blatantly stuck. Two notable spots include when you first interact with David after reaching the island from the left instead of from below, and coming back to the area just in front of the second campsite from the right.
And the second one seems to have just softlocked me, since it happens even after reloading an autosave from the previous area. Yeah, I think I'll stop for now and wait on a few more updates.
I heard the feedback about the speed. In the next version Olivia will walk and sprint faster :)

bro111

Dec 19, 2017
1664961042681.png
the last save point is impassable, since you can't complete Cassie's quest (the path is blocked by her version from the past)

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Good game SWAJ, it checks a lot of marks for me: stealth, difficulty, survival...but I have a feedback and it's not positive: the way the stealth is handled is pretty bad and not because of the mechanic itself, but because of the maps, let me make an example:
1664967363060.png

I'm hiding in the bush highlighted in RED, and I need to take the RED path to proceed, the roamer in BLUE cannot be avoided unless he takes the BLUE path, but due to the fact that they move randomly, you sit and wait hoping that he takes the only path that would allow you to proceed unfucked...this is beyond frustrating...could be mitigated by either reworking the maps, making them at least 4 times larger and placing strategic bushes around a 4 lanes path to effectively having a chance at avoiding the guys, or by making the roamers move with a pre-determined path that allows you a window of opportunity to slip through.

This unless I'm missing some mechanic and you can actually defend yourself when you are alone...

Nevertheless, good game! Keep up the work!

SWAJ

The Island
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Good game SWAJ, it checks a lot of marks for me: stealth, difficulty, survival...but I have a feedback and it's not positive: the way the stealth is handled is pretty bad and not because of the mechanic itself, but because of the maps, let me make an example:
View attachment 2082806

I'm hiding in the bush highlighted in RED, and I need to take the RED path to proceed, the roamer in BLUE cannot be avoided unless he takes the BLUE path, but due to the fact that they move randomly, you sit and wait hoping that he takes the only path that would allow you to proceed unfucked...this is beyond frustrating...could be mitigated by either reworking the maps, making them at least 4 times larger and placing strategic bushes around a 4 lanes path to effectively having a chance at avoiding the guys, or by making the roamers move with a pre-determined path that allows you a window of opportunity to slip through.

This unless I'm missing some mechanic and you can actually defend yourself when you are alone...

Nevertheless, good game! Keep up the work!
Thanks! For this specific encounter, I wanted it that way back then but the design is evolving with comments and pledgers ideas too. I value everyone feedback very much and I was considering editing this map to give more room to the player to sneak around this guy.

If you persist further in the game, you will have encounter in which you can defend youself with QTE event too, if they manage to catch you ;)

Reactions: linus.quotes

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Thanks! For this specific encounter, I wanted it that way back then but the design is evolving with comments and pledgers ideas too. I value everyone feedback very much and I was considering editing this map to give more room to the player to sneak around this guy.

If you persist further in the game, you will have encounter in which you can defend youself with QTE event too, if they manage to catch you ;)
Yes, I've progressed to the end of content and I also got the blowgun, which is nice to have as a last resort when stealth is impossible. Again, good job, nice to know that you are willing to rework older design choices as the game progresses, that is essential.

Last edited:
Reactions: SWAJ

SWAJ

The Island
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Is there RPG Maker combat or is it mostly puzzle games etc.?
For the moment its only puzzle games and on-map action (stealth and range weapon mechanics) but I am not close to adding combat to the game later on.

Nov 17, 2021
Thank you for your report. It is fixed in my current test version. I will release a public version soon.
your game is bugged , bro.. after the scene where you hit the fat roamer with rock , you end up on 2nd camp and when you try to exit that 2nd camp, out of nowhere a conversation between two girl characters take place (even tho the protag girl got kidnapped) and then your character becomes invisible followed by an error text shutting down the game.. you need to fix that issue quick and release a new patch, provided that your game has become unplayable at this point due to bugs..

Reactions: pampampain

SWAJ

The Island
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
your game is bugged , bro.. after the scene where you hit the fat roamer with rock , you end up on 2nd camp and when you try to exit that 2nd camp, out of nowhere a conversation between two girl characters take place (even tho the protag girl got kidnapped) and then your character becomes invisible followed by an error text shutting down the game.. you need to fix that issue quick and release a new patch, provided that your game has become unplayable at this point due to bugs..
Thank you. I will fix that bug right away.

SWAJ

The Island
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
I cannot reproduce your bug on my version of the game. Can I DM you to discuss about the bug with you?

3.20 star(s) 13 Votes