The Joob-Joob II

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
abandoned?
1 - Pixieblink has another game being done parallel to this one.

2 - Even if he didn't two months is a little too early to start asking that, you know.
3+ months at least, according to most regulars.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
1 - Pixieblink has another game being done parallel to this one.

2 - Even if he didn't two months is a little too early to start asking that, you know.
3+ months at least, according to most regulars.
Considering all the games I follow, and the amount of time they sometimes take, even 3 months isn't that long. I won't start thinking it's abandoned unless the dev goes good 9-12 months without an update.
One of the games was getting regular monthly updates, and the dev went 6 months without even saying a word...out of the blue..."hey! Here's this huge update I've been working on! Sorry for not saying anything. Life got in the way." Or something along those lines.

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Considering all the games I follow, and the amount of time they sometimes take, even 3 months isn't that long. I won't start thinking it's abandoned unless the dev goes good 9-12 months without an update.
One of the games was getting regular monthly updates, and the dev went 6 months without even saying a word...out of the blue..."hey! Here's this huge update I've been working on! Sorry for not saying anything. Life got in the way." Or something along those lines.
Thanks. That's not impossible, who knows what the future will bring.

When I started getting behind, I thought that if I just worked a little harder and put in a few more hours I could pull it off creating 2 games at the same time.

The game is not abandoned, as I have plans to continue it at a later date. But it IS on hold for right now.

Nitwitty

Nov 23, 2020
You're a guy who likes to think ahead....at least that's the presumption. Any ideas for what comes after the professor and the joob joob?

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
This game is on HOLD, at least until the end of the year.

Two games at the same time is simply to much for me to handle right now.
I appreciate that you have recognized the workload of two full games is too much for one person. The first step in getting better is admitting you have a problem. I've never seen a dev work two games and not get totally bogged down and burnt out. One game is more than enough.

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
I appreciate that you have recognized the workload of two full games is too much for one person. The first step in getting better is admitting you have a problem. I've never seen a dev work two games and not get totally bogged down and burnt out. One game is more than enough.
NOW you tell me?

Just kidding. Bogged down and burnt out is exactly right. Time to take a hit, admit I bit off more than I can chew and focus on the Professor for right now. After he saves the world, then maybe I can finish up the Joob.

Reactions: Rolo and TommyTuba

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Sound or no sound?

Some guy just posted this in a review, anyone else feel the same way?
I typically play these kinds of games while I have something else going on my other monitor, usually TV show or movie.

Having to pause what I'm watching because a cut scene ignores my chosen volume settings is insanely frustrating. When I select Mute All, I mean ALL.

If a game has audio clues that impact progression, that's one thing, and if you're going to go that route give a heads up in advance so players can adjust accordingly, but most of the time it's unnecessary.

And if someone is using headphones and you ignore their chosen audio settings, there's a very real risk you could cause permanent hearing damage.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Very interesting...
Like the sausage girl - underwater ...
Will support this after it gets updates again :)

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Question Pixieblink:
When did the sausage girl touch Joob ? And enter the basement? (Like in your signature...)
Part2 ?
May be I missed that :(

Slayerz

Aug 2, 2017
Would be nice to try out the new updates, but Mega, Workupload & NOPY are down with the Win links :confused:
Time to wait an hour to download from Pixeldrain :sleep:

Reactions: Rolo
4.00 star(s) 22 Votes