No Try Studios

Developer of The King of Summer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
Okay, I am here again to give my semi-regular review of updates to the game. It has been several months and with the latest update I though I had enough to say again to give feedback again.

If I recall correctly, someone at some point in this thread made a tier list of the female characters in the King of the Summer, and Natsuki was at S tier. I totally agree, and I think the recent update where Natsuki finally reaches the point of straight up sex is one of the best scenes/series of scenes in the entire game. Natsuki has been at the top of my character rankings for a long while and at this point I feel like she cannot be surplanted.

The scene where Natsuki finally reaches the important point of sex with Kendo is such a good and well made scene. I remember back when we reached first similar scene with Mary, where she finally had sex with Kendo, and I remember being kinda disappointed with that scene. I don't want to say it is purely because of the sex positions, but Natsuki nailed it with the excellent choice of doggy style, where as Mary did only decently with the being lifted up sex. Even back then when Mary reached that point, I though that the at the same time released Natsuki hot spring scene was way better, and that was despite the lack of vaginal sex penetration.

So yeah, Natsuki is quite honestly the best part of this game, not that I don't like Mary and the others. The dynamic with Yoshi is great because it never quite crosses over to the Netorase territory and remains as secretive and highly exciting cheating; the whole dynamic and how it lead to submitting to Kendo with the help of Mary was exceptionally well executed development and I give props to the developer. Natsuki's subplot is great, and I feel like it almost benefits from the clear yet limeted focus it receives, unlike main heroine Mary who gets almost bloat with screen time, as well as division due to the branching routes. Natsuki's story has been a concise, hot and entertaining path to follow, and it would work wonderfully even as a smaller standalone game, it is that well done.

Other than Natsuki, other developments have been decent as well, most recently the Aratato "Arc", so to say. The recent bad end 2 was much better than I expected, and the other paths were not bad as well. Hopefully the part of audience who likes swinging and netorase enjoyed that, because I know there are a lot of those fans. I personally only liked it somewhat as scene material, even if the narrative is nice part of the story. I am kinda looking forward to the possibilities of the future caused by the branching paths, as that can bring some nice developments, and swinging turned to Netorare can be very good.

I am also glad that the game has entered it's final part, since the pacing has been solid and heading towards finality feels right with where things stand with the narrative; would not want to skim too deep into any type of burn out territory. The final parts of the game have a lot of potential for illicit and hot scenes now that many of the girls are at the end stage of their fall, so looking forward to all of that.

No Try Studios in your Patron you asked what type NTR tastes you audience has in King of Summer, and I am kinda interested in what people think, so if it not too much of a bother, you could consider sharing what kind of feedback you have received about the topic.
Most people are in it for the netorare, then Netori, and lastly netorase. Although as someone in the comments pointed out, most people are not aware of the differences between the three and take Netorare as a term to kinda refer to them all. And to be honest, I do too to a degree.

As far as what I've gathered from other sources of feedback, in general people seem to be into the netorare and netori aspects more. While the game does seem to have netorase-only fans, it's not the main focus of what I do, so they enjoy the game in spite of it not catering directly to their tastes.

Even the more netorase-ish scenes seem to have been enjoyed more for the cheating aspects and how it moved the story forward. It makes sense, since while I write NTR, I am not that into netorase myself. I wrote about it a little on Patreon, but I discovered that in order to write netorase in the way some people would want me to, I'd have to enjoy it more than I do. Not to say that I don't make the effort, but I don't want to force out stuff into the game for kinks I don't fully get. As you mentioned, even the Natsuki scenes don't seem to veer hard in that direction (I actually had to rewrite the last scene to make it less NTRse as it wasn't quite clicking with me).

I think it's clear in how I wrote the Arato scenes.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's a different focus to how the sharing kink usually goes. He's playing with fire and obviously gets burned. And my audience seemed to enjoy that perspective.

Last edited:

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.3.7

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.
Pixeldrain
Mega

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 487 MiB

Come find me on Discord:
Updated my android port.

Apr 28, 2022
While it's probably not my place to say, seeing as I'm the dev and all, it's still interesting to see how Mary's cheating is sometimes talked about around these parts almost as if it was as morally reprehensible as 1st-degree murder.
Its a matter of perspective and culture. Some countries have adultery laws and even stone women to death for adultery. Among many cultures adultery is considered an egregious sin close to murder. This makes NTR even better, because the risk factor is even higher for them. For myself, i'm not married, and i never intend on getting married - but if i did, if i truly loved someone enough to give my heart to them, and they decided to betray me... Then i would probably kill them. For some men its about possessiveness - that's 'their woman'. For others like myself, its about betrayal. I do not believe in forgiveness, i believe in an 'eye-for-an-eye'. There are many women who also kill their husbands for cheating - i once read an article that showed that most murders between spouses of both genders were often crimes of passion because of infidelity

Ooh

Jun 9, 2018
...experience being with someone else.[/SPOILER] It's a different focus to how the sharing kink usually goes. He's playing with fire and obviously gets burned. And my audience seemed to enjoy that perspective.
This aspect of your game is what makes it so superior to other games. You never see breeding or sex contests in these games and I do not know why. It can be well written and not so on the nose and overly campy. That Arato plot is a prime example, Satoshi literally did play with fire. Thats why it was such a great scene. Something about a scene where sharing is allowed but the two participants go overboard that really gets me diamonds.

Theres a real life scenario where two best friends and one of the friend's hot girlfriend shared a hotel room with a jacuuzi suite. The guys Best friend secretly had a thing for the other guys girl. The girl found the guy attractive but was faithful to her boyfriend. The guy and his girl start going at it while the friend is in the room. Bestfriend hears the moans and gets hard, starts peeking. The guy catches his bestfriend looking while hes banging his girl and says he can watch, then allows him to participate but sets a ground rule of only beating off. The girl is super horny and starts licking her lips at the bestfriend because he pulls his johnson out and its bigger than his. Boyfriend feels bad for the "third wheel" and asks the girlfriend if she would mind helping him out.

GF, BF, and Bestfriend all engage in a MMF but the girlfriend is initially only allowed nothing more than giving the bestfriend a blowjob. AN HOUR later...BF ends up cumming while the girlfriend and bestfriend are still horny and nowhere near climax. Boyfriend says hes hungry and Girlfriend says shes still horny, bestfriend obviously is. Boyfriend gives bestfriend the nod of approval and leaves the room. Bestfriend asks Girlfriend if shes okay with him taking her on a trip to pound town and she gets super wet then immediately stuffs bestfriend's cock inside her. Bestfriend ends up making girlfriend cums several times. Girlfriend ends up screaming in ecstasy after the third climax.

Boyfriend, now eating in another room texting another girl he's cheating with now realizes the two are still going at it after quite a while and runs back to the room. Bestfriend has her in the mating press. Boyfriend starts getting pissed off and jealous and tells pair "Y'all enjoying that a little too much, that's messed up. You supposed t'be my girl and you supposed t'be my dude. What da f*ck!" GF squirts as soon as she hears this and Bestfriend pulls out and cums all over her. Rest of the night ends up awkward but the two bestfriends are still best buds.

No Try Studios

Developer of The King of Summer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
The filesice is never a problem why he reduce the quality of the images?
It was growing a bit too much for most people's download speed... and my own upload speed as well. I had to lower the quality a lot every week for Android ports too. A little quality downgrade was a fair price to pay in exchange for a smoother upload/download process.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ooh

Qianke

Apr 27, 2019
While it's probably not my place to say, seeing as I'm the dev and all, it's still interesting to see how Mary's cheating is sometimes talked about around these parts almost as if it was as morally reprehensible as 1st-degree murder.
wrong, in some places it's even worse than murder!

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.3.8

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

Size 507 MiB

Come find me on Discord:
Updated my android port.

Last edited:
Reactions: kamus484
4.00 star(s) 54 Votes