Others The Klub 17 + Hook5 [V11 & VX + KE Update 1 + Hook5 Extended] [TK17 & Pervokptr]

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes

KBlack

Jul 4, 2018
I've been fooling around with this game for a bit and the load times are unreal with this version of Kklub17. You can get a clean version on Klub exile with the newer/faster fresh version of the game. But tbh, that community is not that welcoming to newcomers, and by not welcoming I mean not willing to help you unless you've dug through the archives of already asked/answered questions(fair enough). Interestingly enough this game is really difficult to get into, but it has insane potential if you are willing to troubleshoot your own problems. If only we had a hero who could share a mostly modded VX version with newer mods in mind. Also, a basic tutorial of what goes where and would go a long way.

cpsycrow

Mar 21, 2021
I've been fooling around with this game for a bit and the load times are unreal with this version of Kklub17. You can get a clean version on Klub exile with the newer/faster fresh version of the game. But tbh, that community is not that welcoming to newcomers, and by not welcoming I mean not willing to help you unless you've dug through the archives of already asked/answered questions(fair enough). Interestingly enough this game is really difficult to get into, but it has insane potential if you are willing to troubleshoot your own problems. If only we had a hero who could share a mostly modded VX version with newer mods in mind. Also, a basic tutorial of what goes where and would go a long way.
I second this. Ive been trying to port TK4chRepackV3 from 7.5 to VX but have had no joy.

TUTN

Nov 9, 2017
Damn, don't wanna be a burden, but the Gofile link for modpack only gives 300kbps and MEGA's got quota limit of ~1gb. Can someone reupload it elsewhere, like 1fichier/mediafire/workupload?

cpsycrow

Mar 21, 2021
Damn, don't wanna be a burden, but the Gofile link for modpack only gives 300kbps and MEGA's got quota limit of ~1gb. Can someone reupload it elsewhere, like 1fichier/mediafire/workupload?
As a workaround for Mega.nz do the following:
1. Import the modpack to your mega cloud, the simplest is put it in the megasync folder.
2. Download and install the MegaSync app for windows/mac
3. Use MegaSync app to sync the modpack to your local megasync folder.
4. When the transfer limit is reached, pause it, then exit megasync
5. Use VPN software (e.g avira.. you can get it from )
6. Connect using the VPN
7. Resume the megasync transfer.
8. When the transfer limit is reached, do as before but this time select a different country for the vpn (doesnt matter where you just need a new IP
9. Resume megasync
10. Rinse, repeat until complete.

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
Going to have to disagree here. I think the community bends over backwards to help people get their questions answered. Sure some things are not answered as fast as people may want, but like all communities the help sections is also designed for people to help themselves, by searching already asked and answered questions and pointing people in the right direction. This is why we encourage people to search for what they are looking for before they asked the question. It is kind of frusttrating when someone post a question for the 10th time after the answer has been stickied and featured in basically every possible place on the site.

I second this. Ive been trying to port TK4chRepackV3 from 7.5 to VX but have had no joy.
So don't take this the wrong way, but this is a fools errand. VX is a different game trying to port a repack over will only give you more problems and frustrations. You would have to know which mods are compatible versus which ones are not, and then you would need to convert all the poses removing the Orca Mod so they work with VX...easier done manually than through the game.

Reactions: cpsycrow

KBlack

Jul 4, 2018
Going to have to disagree here. I think the community bends over backwards to help people get their questions answered. Sure some things are not answered as fast as people may want, but like all communities the help sections is also designed for people to help themselves, by searching already asked and answered questions and pointing people in the right direction. This is why we encourage people to search for what they are looking for before they asked the question. It is kind of frusttrating when someone post a question for the 10th time after the answer has been stickied and featured in basically every possible place on the site.
This is just my experience. I am on discord and on Klub Exile, I asked for help in both places and heard crickets. No one has bent over backwards. The only other person who helped me was another newbie and one of the admins on discord when I asked them directly (and politely) for assistance. This isn't meant to discredit your perspective, from my experience if you ask someone nicely in that community, they will help you. But VX in general along with general modding, seems to require a lot of legwork a newcomer has to cover before they actually "get it."

Reactions: bogofic208

KBlack

Jul 4, 2018
I certainly understand the frustration aswell being on the other end of this, especially when the same question is answered only a few pages back. It just requires some digging tbh.

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
This is just my experience. I am on discord and on Klub Exile, I asked for help in both places and heard crickets. No one has bent over backwards. The only other person who helped me was another newbie and one of the admins on discord when I asked them directly (and politely) for assistance. This isn't meant to discredit your perspective, from my experience if you ask someone nicely in that community, they will help you. But VX in general along with general modding, seems to require a lot of legwork a newcomer has to cover before they actually "get it."
I get it. I will say discord is probably the worst place to get a question answered as it is simply not monitored like the main site. Really not sure what your question was but not getting a response is a little bit different from someone telling you to go find the answer in the threads. Sometimes the nature of the question is simply one people don't have an answer for.

Example. Someone asked me a question about a room not working and provided little to no details about what they did. Making it near impossible to answer. However they get mad when nobody answers their question.

A nother example is people getting frustrated because questions around things like H4 go unanswered. Well less than 1% of the community uses H4 so most folks have no clue how to answer it.

These are anecdotal. And you have your truth just like we have ours.

Reactions: KBlack

KBlack

Jul 4, 2018
I get it. I will say discord is probably the worst place to get a question answered as it is simply not monitored like the main site. Really not sure what your question was but not getting a response is a little bit different from someone telling you to go find the answer in the threads. Sometimes the nature of the question is simply one people don't have an answer for.

Example. Someone asked me a question about a room not working and provided little to no details about what they did. Making it near impossible to answer. However they get mad when nobody answers their question.

A nother example is people getting frustrated because questions around things like H4 go unanswered. Well less than 1% of the community uses H4 so most folks have no clue how to answer it.

These are anecdotal. And you have your truth just like we have ours.
This was my question:

"I am super confused, I have never really used klub17 before and I can't find a basic guide for how to set up the game, even after a basic download. What I have gathered is a few basic things from messing around. I figured out how to refresh the models, but I have not figured out how to do a basic install of Hook 5, or how to install other basic things. There are so many files in the initial download that I don't know what goes where, or what I need to do to make this game worth a damn. Is there a video, or basic tutorial somewhere that covers the basics? For instance, I grabbed the hook 5 download and the game download, what files go where and what should I overwrite? Any assistance is greatly appreciated!"

I eventually found a basic guide from another newbie. I am in the midst of finals so I don't have time to fiddle with it, but I look forward to when I can. Again, the game has tons of potential and you could certainly find help if you're patient enough.

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
This was my question:

"I am super confused, I have never really used klub17 before and I can't find a basic guide for how to set up the game, even after a basic download. What I have gathered is a few basic things from messing around. I figured out how to refresh the models, but I have not figured out how to do a basic install of Hook 5, or how to install other basic things. There are so many files in the initial download that I don't know what goes where, or what I need to do to make this game worth a damn. Is there a video, or basic tutorial somewhere that covers the basics? For instance, I grabbed the hook 5 download and the game download, what files go where and what should I overwrite? Any assistance is greatly appreciated!"

I eventually found a basic guide from another newbie. I am in the midst of finals so I don't have time to fiddle with it, but I look forward to when I can. Again, the game has tons of potential and you could certainly find help if you're patient enough.
Interesting I did see your question. However, I also noticed someone responded to it the next day posting that basic guide you are referring to along with a follow up some days later with more information. Not to debate it here but this is what you said

But tbh, that community is not that welcoming to newcomers, and by not welcoming I mean not willing to help you unless you've dug through the archives of already asked/answered questions(fair enough).
As you can see most might say what you said doesn't match up with what happened. In my opinion based on the exchange it seems like someone did go out of their way to help. Additionally following up with more information after their initial reply. How is that not welcoming?

So you aware we do as much as we can to provide people direction who might be new. Unfortunately people tend to ignore what is right in front of them. For example the PM that is sent to all new users covers how to get started to unlock downloads and additionally tells people to ask questions in the Community Help Forums if they need help. This is actually where you get more quicker responses to general questions regarding getting started with the basic game.

KBlack

Jul 4, 2018
Interesting I did see your question. However, I also noticed someone responded to it the next day posting that basic guide you are referring to along with a follow up some days later with more information. Not to debate it here but this is what you said

As you can see most might say what you said doesn't match up with what happened. In my opinion based on the exchange it seems like someone did go out of their way to help. Additionally following up with more information after their initial reply. How is that not welcoming?

So you aware we do as much as we can to provide people direction who might be new. Unfortunately people tend to ignore what is right in front of them. For example the PM that is sent to all new users covers how to get started to unlock downloads and additionally tells people to ask questions in the Community Help Forums if they need help. This is actually where you get more quicker responses to general questions regarding getting started with the basic game.
There really isn't much of debate. A guide for mods and addons isn't really that helpful when you do not understand the fundamentals of what "Vx" even is (ESPECIALLY coming from this version). Or what Hook is and if it comes first before mods or if it doesn't matter at all. There really wasn't much of a guide for basics. Which would encompass what the hell VX even is, what hook is and what it does, when and how to upload mods. This isn't readily apparent on Exile, even when looking through the tutorials there certainly isn't a "Klub17 for dummies." The person helping me hadn't even gotten Hook 5 to work. lol But you are correct, that one person did respond to me with a helpful link, and then followed up (after I made my original post on this page) with a much more helpful link for basics. Perhaps I was too hasty in my critique. However, the community is not made up of one person, so most might say that your claim that "the community bends over backwards" doesn't really match up when I was ignored on Discord and responded to by only one person Exile.

No offense to you, but you are a part of the exile community. Therefore, you have a bias. Which would make my statement a bit of a personal attack. Not my intent. But I commented on introductions(your thread) asking a question. (I know, not the place for it) but no one said "hey man, welcome! This isn't the place to do that, check out XYZ." I was ignored there, rightfully so. I am by no means shitting on Exile, I was just stating my experience. Which was an entirely valid one looking at the single response at the time of my original post. In the context of my comment, after about three days of stumbling in the dark, some angel responded to me and it wasn't Hdiddy.

I officially retract my previous statement in light of the one person who assisted me(Another person on exile responded to me too but didn't tag me). I have only met 4 people from the community, three of which I liked and the other not so much. It's hardly a large enough sample size to adequately assess the community. However, I stick by most of what I've said otherwise.

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
So the guides that were give to you are not guides for mods and addons, they are basic beginner guides on how to navigate the game and its fundamentals. While each guide is made from different perspectives by different folks they all cover different things.

There really wasn't much of a guide for basics. Which would encompass what the hell VX even is, what hook is and what it does, when and how to upload mods. This isn't readily apparent on Exile, even when looking through the tutorials there certainly isn't a "Klub17 for dummies."
Lets start with the TK17 Comprehensive Guide to answer this question....one of the guides available on the site. Which basically answers most if not all of your questions. By the way VX is just a version number like 23 is a version of Photoshop, not sure if that was unclear to you but just for your information

It covers and defines key terms like Hook5 and what is
It gives you systems requirements for installation
General Install Guide on how to install the game
High Level Instructions on installing Hook5 (The detailed ones on site are better)
How to install on Linux if thats your thing
Extra information on directory structure and what goes in what folder and more technical and advanced help

There is a reason that guide is called "comprehensive." No offense, but did you even read it?

However, the community is not made up of one person, so most might say that your claim that "the community bends over backwards" doesn't really match up when I was ignored on Discord and responded to by only one person Exile.
No the community is not made up of one person but if you got a response twice from a single person, why would anyone else need to respond to you? Especially when the information that the person gave to you is sound. Also does it really matter if what platform you got a response from? You also are just one person who is taking your individual experience (which is your experience) and making a blanket generalization about a community you have only been a part of for 2 weeks because it didn't react to your needs fast enough.

It is what it is no reason to be labor this. But while I have my biases....we also have data to back up community engagement and preferences. Most people who read their PM's and browse around the site to get a feel for where things are tend to figure themselves out with what they need. Glad you finally found what you needed.

Reactions: KBlack

KBlack

Jul 4, 2018
There is a reason that guide is called "comprehensive." No offense, but did you even read it?
Apologies bud, again I am in the midst of final exams where I read literally all day. Therefore, I request assistance when my brain is too fried to observe every minute detail on my screen. I opened tutorials and didn't see the "comprehensive guide." I only saw things mentioning Hook 5, because when I do this I do it late at night after I have been researching all god damn day. Is every admin on Exile this condescending? I could say "no offense, but you're an asshole." Does that mean you won't take offense? Probably not. So the "no offense" is unnecessary.

No the community is not made up of one person but if you got a response twice from a single person, why would anyone else need to respond to you?
Again, my original comment was made after Cattie only commented once. No offense, but did you read my reply to you?

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes