bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
Whoreizon updated for quite some time until dev disappeared and posted a promotional post for this game. Whoreizon also had a playable demo much like The Last Barbarian. That said, you are right that the game is real and being updated so far.

As for rendering quality - sure there is some baked lighting now, the shaders and textures are noticeably better and the game probably uses Unity's post-processing stack which Whoreizon most likely didn't but all of these things are already built in Unity or available for free in Asset Store or Package Manager. All besides textures that is.

Furthermore, Alice posted some WIPS before disappearing that are noticeably more advanced and quite similar to The Last Barbarian's current shading. Example #1: Example #2: There's also the issue of walk cycles in Whoreizon and The Last Barbarian being near identical in movement and timing, it's simply applied to a thicker model in The Last Barbarian.
You are really grasping at straws hard, dunno why, and dont fully care anyways.

TowerCrow

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
I just don't like to be scammed or to see cash grabbing projects succeed on Patreon. I know Unity pretty good, and there's a lot of smoke is what I'm saying. But maybe the smoke comes from my looking glass over the straws I'm grasping. If my speculation is proved to be wrong I'll retract everything and apologize.

I've said all I wanted to say on the topic so I'll just peace out of this thread.

Reactions: hdm317

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Just so you know, the public release says
"
TLB Windows September Cultist Edition .zip
"
but the patreon release says
"

Hi there Guys! The new release is here!
"

Mchammer22

Jul 30, 2017
The Last Barbarian - November Cultist Release:

Change Log:

All monsters have stats (will be improved)
Gold drops out of monsters (regardless the monster type)
The first miniboss is added - Troll
Devenant city is open
The Bank is added. Now money earned in the battles can be saved
The Brothel is added. (this location will be improved). Here one can renew health and earn money
Noria´s Tavern - there is an opportunity to have a sleep and renew health without risk of being attacked
City Hall is added (one can buy documents to enter Devenant city)
New character - Hugh
Fixed some bug's

What´s next in my plans:

Next release will contain of one big feature - New Location.

And a couple of small ones - for example:

Fast travel (possibility to move to already opened location)
Sexual scenes with friendly NPC (write in your comments with who)
New positions for already existing monsters (write in your comments for which monster)
Thanks to you my dear subscribers, TLB is in the process of development. I want to express my gratitude to those of you, who writes about bugs and makes questions.

You inspire and motivate me to continue my work.!

And now, as always,

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
This is honestly amazing for a demo!

I just have a few small suggestions:
-You should replace the word "armor" with "clothes/clothing" because there is no world where what she wears could be called armor.

One further note: I was disappointed I didn't have the option to zoom in during game over scenes. Something to consider.

I'm guessing you have never played modded Skyrim then. I've seen stuff called armour that makes the one in the demo look like a full plate-armour. ;)

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
If you think that's hilarious I saw some guy moaning that a game called Blades and Sourcery was vr only and that there should be a flat screen mode.
Like the entire USP of that game is being able to grab people with your own hands and smash their heads into tables, or have proper sword fights. It was designed from the ground up to be a VR game

Redeemed

May 3, 2017
Arguably the most moronic comment i've ever bore witness to on this or any forum.

An action game in Ren'py ..... it took me a while to type this out due to extreme laughter aimed in your general direction.
well, i am not sure if you have played any real action games, but the "action" provided in this game has nothing to do it. Its clunky, clumsy, looks terrible and the controls are below average.

I am just saying doing it turn based and focusing on story and decent renders would overall improve the quality of the game instead of doing everything and trying to build upon a decent 3d world.

Just play age of barbarian if you want a a cheap/fun "action game". Or literally modded skyrim.

4.00 star(s) 52 Votes