Viktor Black

Developer of The Last Barbarian game
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
The Last Barbarian R - Dungeon Devlog
Hello everyone!
The main mechanics are created, and it's time to combine them into a working level to see how they will work together. As usual, I'll start with the first level of the game—the dungeon

1.png
This won't be just a transfer of the entire classic version to the UE5 engine, but rather a rethinking of the story. Its restructuring and, in some places, changes.
2.png
As before, we will have several ways to solve problems: with weapons in hand and by using one's lust.
3.gif
I am also working on redesigning the enemies and NPCs. You've already seen the half-orc in . The Letel’s cultists will also get an updated appearance. Unlike the classic version, they will be clothed, though the setting and game lore impose their own fashion rules. Barbarian will encounter them in the first location, but we'll get to fight them later (I still need to finish the ranged attack module).
4.png

There will be more traps that the Barbarian can fall into. These will be varied scenes with "endings."
5-ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Despite the fact that UE5 allows for the creation of large, seamless open worlds, I will stick to the old development concept: transitions between locations with a semi-open world. The locations will become larger, and the structure of the world from the classic version will be changed.

6.png
The reason is that I want to avoid the problem of "empty large worlds," as well as issues with lighting. I’m not using Lumen and Nanite techniques because I want the game to be playable for as many players as possible while still maintaining decent visual quality.
7.png

In large open spaces, it would be practically impossible to properly place light sources, bake them, and apply reflections in a way that looks decent.
8.png

In any case, adventures await us! And I hope they pleasantly surprise you and don't turn your GPU into a grill.
ezgif-3-a4629dec1e.gif
More news about the old and new versions of the game coming soon!
Stay tuned!

alan4

Jun 14, 2018
How can i get Step 33. done?" Close all 4 walls in initiation room and finish ritual." In "Servant of Gods"
I brought 4 purple Ladies and change them Faith. And then...?

1728942305208.png

Not so well

Dec 12, 2019
The Last Barbarian R - Dungeon Devlog
Hello everyone!
The main mechanics are created, and it's time to combine them into a working level to see how they will work together. As usual, I'll start with the first level of the game—the dungeon

View attachment 4114166
This won't be just a transfer of the entire classic version to the UE5 engine, but rather a rethinking of the story. Its restructuring and, in some places, changes.
View attachment 4114169
As before, we will have several ways to solve problems: with weapons in hand and by using one's lust.
View attachment 4114170
I am also working on redesigning the enemies and NPCs. You've already seen the half-orc in . The Letel’s cultists will also get an updated appearance. Unlike the classic version, they will be clothed, though the setting and game lore impose their own fashion rules. Barbarian will encounter them in the first location, but we'll get to fight them later (I still need to finish the ranged attack module).
View attachment 4114171

There will be more traps that the Barbarian can fall into. These will be varied scenes with "endings."
View attachment 4114173

Despite the fact that UE5 allows for the creation of large, seamless open worlds, I will stick to the old development concept: transitions between locations with a semi-open world. The locations will become larger, and the structure of the world from the classic version will be changed.

View attachment 4114174
The reason is that I want to avoid the problem of "empty large worlds," as well as issues with lighting. I’m not using Lumen and Nanite techniques because I want the game to be playable for as many players as possible while still maintaining decent visual quality.
View attachment 4114176

In large open spaces, it would be practically impossible to properly place light sources, bake them, and apply reflections in a way that looks decent.
View attachment 4114177

In any case, adventures await us! And I hope they pleasantly surprise you and don't turn your GPU into a grill.
View attachment 4114178
More news about the old and new versions of the game coming soon!
Stay tuned!
So, you will port this project into UE5 ... since I have a potato PC, just asking if there will be a raise in requirements for it?

Viktor Black

Developer of The Last Barbarian game
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
So, you will port this project into UE5 ... since I have a potato PC, just asking if there will be a raise in requirements for it?
I try to keep the game as lowest spec requiremnet as possible. I guess I'll publish publicly Test area build, so you'll be able to check how it works on potato PC

Reactions: HornySensei
3.90 star(s) 56 Votes