PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
Played for five minutes then quit. No go bag, and they have done this before? Steroids do not make you quicker but they bulk you up, and make your life shorter. Don't touch the gun? Really, don't leave finger prints, no weapons, like I said no go bag? I will just get pissed at such poor planning and poor ability, I would have had the go bag, and set up an IED welcome for them when I left.

Mike Hunt TG

Jun 22, 2023
Played for five minutes then quit. No go bag, and they have done this before? Steroids do not make you quicker but they bulk you up, and make your life shorter. Don't touch the gun? Really, don't leave finger prints, no weapons, like I said no go bag? I will just get pissed at such poor planning and poor ability, I would have had the go bag, and set up an IED welcome for them when I left.
Pretty easy to prioritize a go-bag when you are sitting on your ass in front of a computer. Your loss. I enjoyed it.

Malcowitz

Feb 14, 2018
Thank you so much for your feedback!
To give more coherent feedback, it might be good to always organize scenes around areas like the motel image, or in the case of the bonus content, a phone/area that allows for more seamless integration of more content. I'm not a renpy dev, but there's a reason why hub based is the usual configuration for games of this genre.

The current state of game shows you have plans and have clearly put preparation into them, but my advice for people starting out projects like this is always mapping things out clearly at every stage and keeping them simple. If you already have somewhere good for bonus scenes, extra endings or such, that can be useful throughout (I'm thinking of the toilet scenes here, or something as simple as having "go for a smoke" as a way to access bonus content/gallery if you want to keep things, diagenic is the word I think)

There's also the, slight, issue of UI where I for instance didn't realize there were rooms missing and had to play the nostalgic game of "hunt the pixel" to realize there was one under the staircase, but seeing as you're very focused on immersion I understand not labeling them, as such, and it's made obvious when you prompt the player to continue.

Btw, I appreciate relevant info, including variables, being listed in game and possible being toggle-able for alternate/replay value. It's good game design and more games should do it, with the caveat of course that it does make things more, unstable, sometimes.

Otherwise, same advice as always; achievable goals, avoid stress, enjoy what you do and the 5 Ps: proper preparation and planning prevents fuckups.

Reactions: GGGanon

Miss Lizzy Anthus

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2022
I see the changelog saying i'll miss new content if i don't pay attention to the "styler" pop up, but I'm sorry to say i don't even know who/what styler is. This game ends after giving the girls their night clothes for me right now and that's where it ended for me last time i played it months ago. So i've clearly screwed up somewhere. Can someone tell me where the styler conversation is?
This message concerns only the players who have installed Bonus Update 1. I forgot to mention that if you haven't played it, this does not concern you.

ok now i'm confused. I've finished bonus update 2 and didn't see any new Saturday content that was promised. Same scene and the "don't cum" button was still red and said next update. maybe i need to select a different option. I selected option 2 that said best choice, saw the girl in the laundromat, the chick in the tv, and the bikers afterwards, but all the other content was the same.

Edit: now i've chosen to just see new content (option 1) and no extra saturday scenes here either. where did i go wrong?
If you saw Saturday's red button, it means you've seen the scene just before it that was added.

If you had played just one more minute, in the next scene, you would have found an answer to your message. Regarding steroids, it's not quite how it works, but you'll get a full lesson on it later in the game.

John Wick and the Gtpsy Kings? Graphics and animations are superb. 20 minutes in and lovin it.
To give more coherent feedback, it might be good to always organize scenes around areas like the motel image, or in the case of the bonus content, a phone/area that allows for more seamless integration of more content. I'm not a renpy dev, but there's a reason why hub based is the usual configuration for games of this genre.

The current state of game shows you have plans and have clearly put preparation into them, but my advice for people starting out projects like this is always mapping things out clearly at every stage and keeping them simple. If you already have somewhere good for bonus scenes, extra endings or such, that can be useful throughout (I'm thinking of the toilet scenes here, or something as simple as having "go for a smoke" as a way to access bonus content/gallery if you want to keep things, diagenic is the word I think)

There's also the, slight, issue of UI where I for instance didn't realize there were rooms missing and had to play the nostalgic game of "hunt the pixel" to realize there was one under the staircase, but seeing as you're very focused on immersion I understand not labeling them, as such, and it's made obvious when you prompt the player to continue.

Btw, I appreciate relevant info, including variables, being listed in game and possible being toggle-able for alternate/replay value. It's good game design and more games should do it, with the caveat of course that it does make things more, unstable, sometimes.

Otherwise, same advice as always; achievable goals, avoid stress, enjoy what you do and the 5 Ps: proper preparation and planning prevents fuckups.
Are you talking about free roam? I would have liked to do that, but I'm not sure it's what most players would want. If I were to make a game for myself, I would make a sandbox game, but I made a visual novel because it's what most players prefer. Don't worry, everything is already very well planned. But I thank you for your advice.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
This message concerns only the players who have installed Bonus Update 1. I forgot to mention that if you haven't played it, this does not concern you.

If you saw Saturday's red button, it means you've seen the scene just before it that was added.

If you had played just one more minute, in the next scene, you would have found an answer to your message. Regarding steroids, it's not quite how it works, but you'll get a full lesson on it later in the game.

Are you talking about free roam? I would have liked to do that, but I'm not sure it's what most players would want. If I were to make a game for myself, I would make a sandbox game, but I made a visual novel because it's what most players prefer. Don't worry, everything is already very well planned. But I thank you for your advice.
I wouldn't want freeroam/sandbox that's for sure. But, if you do change it to that, that's your choice and I'll wish you well and move on.

Miss Lizzy Anthus

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2022
I know it's a minor thing, but for Americans, listing Kilometers as distance is virtually meaningless. Miles is used almost exclusively in the US. IDK if you have any plans to include that in the English translation?
It was intended from the start, it's a translation error. It will be corrected.

1701810163399.png

Miss Lizzy Anthus

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2022
I wouldn't want freeroam/sandbox that's for sure. But, if you do change it to that, that's your choice and I'll wish you well and move on.
Be careful, I never said I was going to do it. I said I would have liked to do it. If you haven't seen it until now, it means the game will never become a sandbox.

Reactions: Dark Silence

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
I wouldn't have minded the arcade game, if the hitboxes were accurate, and if I'd be allowed more than 3 shots on the screen at once (just remove the limit completely, the opponents don't have that limit either), wouldn't even need both of them, just either would suffice.

Reactions: hanylo

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
In fairness to PederSilver5, I thought much the same as him regarding the go bags when I first played the game. I literally wrote out a comment on it and the issues I had with that scene, but I held off on posting it and continued playing in case there was more to add and then ended up not posting anything.

Thinking back, I still find it odd how unprepared they seemed initially, given the circumstances.
It's weird that he didn't have a weapon or weapons himself.
It's weird that they didn't have a small go bag each with shoes, maybe clothes and/or a coat, given they have to make their way to the car park. You wouldn't want to draw unnecessary attention, you wouldn't want to run the risk of stepping on glass or something sharp, etc.
It's weird that he seemed wholly unaware of the lack of ladder on the fire escape (surely you would have done dry runs of your escape route)
Etc.
The preparations were far too shoddy.

Reactions: gojira667

Miss Lizzy Anthus

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2022
In fairness to PederSilver5, I thought much the same as him regarding the go bags when I first played the game. I literally wrote out a comment on it and the issues I had with that scene, but I held off on posting it and continued playing in case there was more to add and then ended up not posting anything.

Thinking back, I still find it odd how unprepared they seemed initially, given the circumstances.
It's weird that he didn't have a weapon or weapons himself.
It's weird that they didn't have a small go bag each with shoes, maybe clothes and/or a coat, given they have to make their way to the car park. You wouldn't want to draw unnecessary attention, you wouldn't want to run the risk of stepping on glass or something sharp, etc.
It's weird that he seemed wholly unaware of the lack of ladder on the fire escape (surely you would have done dry runs of your escape route)
Etc.
The preparations were far too shoddy.
They were found in the middle of the night. But how could they know it would be at that exact moment? It could have been the next morning while they were out, or in the afternoon on the street.

The MC knew it was bound to happen, but predicting when was impossible!
So, instead of living with a travel bag and a briefcase constantly, which is neither discreet nor practical, the smartest and simplest solution was to have essential items available at a location where they could be quickly retrieved when needed.

When fleeing, speed is of the essence, and one cannot be burdened with material possessions. It’s unimaginable to think of running away with a large bag full of items and a briefcase in the other hand. It's not only impractical but also risky as they could lose them. Thus, keeping them in a parking area, as done, was the wisest decision.

It is essential to grasp the sense of urgency and danger. To not have time to do anything other than to run.

Regarding their lack of preparation, it's crucial to consider their financial situation. The MC spent all he had on devising this final plan. They've been on the run for a while, a detail that will be explained later in the game. They've reached the end of their resources, both financially and physically. The MC is exhausted from sleeping just a few hours each night, constantly fearing discovery.

When out of money, elaborate escape plans aren’t feasible since every move they've made has been budgeted to the last penny. What remained was spent on buying two cars, essentials for a new life, and just enough for a tank of gas. What more could they have realistically done?

Regarding the ladder issue, it's clearly stated at the beginning, 'What, they've found us ALREADY?' which implies they haven't been there long and thus, not everything could have been thoroughly checked.

pedrohefe

Dec 28, 2022
In the secret bedroom:
View attachment 3148995
Jason Vorhees from Friday the 13th
View attachment 3148971
The killer from Scream
View attachment 3148981
Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street
View attachment 3148985
The Halloween killer from the Halloween
View attachment 3148990
Halloween Killer and Scream killer AKA Michael Meyers and Ghostface hahaha

Nice eye man, im almost sure I havent even found this secret room. I just love the horror in this novel omg

Reactions: Miss Lizzy Anthus

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
I have a little question: I selected the option to restart the game from the recommended point. All went smoothly except I was unable to click on the body silhouette in the bathroom anymore. Is this an expected behavior, meaning I still have the weird event quest unlocked from my previous playthrough?

4.00 star(s) 44 Votes