Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
Fair enough; I was just saying that there Buggzy's missing out on some orc story stuff. I don't think it really makes all that much of an impact until Chapter 4 anyway.

Speaking of 'anyway', I was reading Sierra's latest blog update, and she mentioned in the comments that apparently Ginasta isn't just some construct the Tower poofed out of pure magic, but an actual flesh-and-blood woman with actual memories and stuff. Not too surprising, especially considering the Chosen were just normal teenage boys once, but it does put paid to my idea that she's like some anti-Incubus King T-9000.

It's kind of fucked up, if you think about it (or if I think about it at least). I mean, it's bad enough to create a living, breathing person and then give them an irresistible directive, it's worse if you do it to someone who could have otherwise led a more normal life, or at least one of their own. And that's before getting into how the Tower does it- if the process is automated, and every 1,234,567,890th person is chosen to be special, that's... kind of all right? Still not optimal, but at least there's no actual malice behind it.

But if the Tower is somehow sapient, and it's actively going "CHOO CHOO SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER GUESS WHO'S GOT TWO THUMBS AND A NICE ASS AND IS DOOMED TO FOREVER BECOME A GODDAMNED ARCHETYPE TRICK QUESTION IT'S YOU BITCH" ? Well, that just grinds my gears, it does, and if that's the case Simon can't take over soon enough. I mean, if Ginasta's memories are real, then she really was a refugee fleeing from IK cruelty. And that would mean that the Tower gave her what she wanted (a chance for revenge), instead of what she probably needed (a chance to rebuild her life and family), all for the sake of keeping some kind of divine order that, as we have seen, need a little shaking up.

I dunno, just some thoughts I had and needed to get out of my system. Thanks for coming to my TED talk, and I would like a large Big Mac meal with a shake instead of a soft drink, please.
Another thing to note, don't forget just how much the chosen seem to change mentally when they get there powers. Kalant described it as something like a voice always driving him in always ensuring him he was always in the right. People have complained before about Ginasta's stubbornness and refusal to see the big picture, but for all we know some unknown force might be forcing her to focus in on nothing but defeating incubus kings. And for all we know we have yet to meet the REAL Ginasta.

Reactions: Fatjoe698

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
t's kind of fucked up, if you think about it (or if I think about it at least). I mean, it's bad enough to create a living, breathing person and then give them an irresistible directive, it's worse if you do it to someone who could have otherwise led a more normal life, or at least one of their own. And that's before getting into how the Tower does it- if the process is automated, and every 1,234,567,890th person is chosen to be special, that's... kind of all right? Still not optimal, but at least there's no actual malice behind it.
the chosen are created by someone. ginasta is a mechanism manifest by the tower, and the tower is the world, not someone.
ulrissa is expcialy clear in that.

But if the Tower is somehow sapient, and it's actively going "CHOO CHOO SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER GUESS WHO'S GOT TWO THUMBS AND A NICE ASS AND IS DOOMED TO FOREVER BECOME A GODDAMNED ARCHETYPE TRICK QUESTION IT'S YOU BITCH" ? Well, that just grinds my gears, it does, and if that's the case Simon can't take over soon enough. I mean, if Ginasta's memories are real, then she really was a refugee fleeing from IK cruelty. And that would mean that the Tower gave her what she wanted (a chance for revenge), instead of what she probably needed (a chance to rebuild her life and family), all for the sake of keeping some kind of divine order that, as we have seen, need a little shaking up.
we know nothing about the past of ginasta, but some reply during yhilin captivity let me think she saw a IK only adulthood and then decide to train and kill them.

You bring up a good point that I've been wondering for awhile now, is that can a Chosen become a Chosen again from whatever power controls them? Because if that's so, that means Kalant could be a danger again and placing him near Tyna isn't a good idea.
i doubt any chosen can survive without the power, all of them die istantly in that moment (at least four of them: yhilin cell, new givini ball, aram tower foundation against the FK, stineford against annah), kalant is special in many way, he probably never sync with the power to well (he alwasy behave very different from other chosen) and this let he surrend the power without die.

An interesting thought, Deepsea. Personally I would bet that the Chosen have to accept the power in some way. They have to want to be chosen for a holy quest to make a difference. Or why would they be able to reject it again? Also Kalant says something like "It feels almost like I was possessed... but that would be too easy. No, that reckless fool was me." Maybe the power can tempt him again, though.
don't think they are "tempted" by the power, but more lured by someone with the power.

Another thing to note, don't forget just how much the chosen seem to change mentally when they get there powers. Kalant described it as something like a voice always driving him in always ensuring him he was always in the right. People have complained before about Ginasta's stubbornness and refusal to see the big picture, but for all we know some unknown force might be forcing her to focus in on nothing but defeating incubus kings. And for all we know we have yet to meet the REAL Ginasta.
I don't think there is a hidden ginasta hidden inside her, if it was a case she will be broken free after the fk's process.

Reactions: JungleNuts

greed2119

Dec 12, 2018
  1. Day 57 - Solve "Representative Ordering" at the petitions office.
  2. Day 58 - Solve "Ethnic Complaints" to finish your work at this office.
  3. Day 59 - Office Orgy Time! Talk to the office manager, then get your scene and a full heal. 1st Succubus fight in pits after.
  4. 12 You can also read "Lamias Whining" to confirm that you've finished that one.
I did 1,2, the 12 lamias whining i cant does not let me he is saying done everything i can now for day 59 cant get it what am i missing i need to talk to the manager that was telling me to collect the girls but nothing is happening or i am doing something wrong?
i solved everything at the petitions office, but why i can't trigger the orgy scene?
im at day 67

edit : i did following all the walkthrough says, but i still can't trigger the orgy scene, did i missing something?

Last edited:

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
i solved everything at the petitions office, but why i can't trigger the orgy scene?
im at day 67

edit : i did following all the walkthrough says, but i still can't trigger the orgy scene, did i missing something?
have you complete the smuggler quest? if you have done that quest, resolved all the petition (there are 2 before day 50 and two after, plus the lamia one) and help all the clerck in the 2F (3 of them) you have failed ad one task,"Representative Ordering" can be failed if your social score is 4- or you don't have read all the library topic and done the lexande training. if you succeded simon say "There, that should make them all happy enough." otherwise will be "...I'm not sure this solution is adequate, but it's better than nothing."

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
Dang no update like I predicted on the third.New guess is that it's the tenth for patrons and 17th for public.

mswr

Jun 13, 2018
I'm pissed off beyond belief. Playing the game for the first time, on Aka's route at the moment, and now I find out that there's some elf chick called Altina you could've recruited some time in the past. I don't remember running into her and now I have to play through this route with just two characters? What the hell is up with that. Some of these optional bosses are downright impossible with just two characters. These routes have been nothing but a chore with the MC gone, can't feel any investment whatsoever, and now this. Such a huge disappointment, and such a shame, the game started off so well.

• Angry
Reactions: Waxer and Reij

Fatjoe698

Aug 28, 2018
I'm pissed off beyond belief. Playing the game for the first time, on Aka's route at the moment, and now I find out that there's some elf chick called Altina you could've recruited some time in the past. I don't remember running into her and now I have to play through this route with just two characters? What the hell is up with that. Some of these optional bosses are downright impossible with just two characters. These routes have been nothing but a chore with the MC gone, can't feel any investment whatsoever, and now this. Such a huge disappointment, and such a shame, the game started off so well.
It's a great game but you basically have to follow a guide or you will have a bad time. Altina is the mage from the prologue by the way.

Reactions: mswr

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
Yeah, the ability to miss out on Altina (she's the elf chick from the very beginning of the game) is the one big misstep of TLS's design, I reckon. I mean, I managed on my first playthrough with Robin and Aka myself, but that was thanks to RNGsus watching out for my ass. Times like this, I don't think anyone would begrudge you using a save editor to pump up your characters' skills.

Reactions: mswr

mswr

Jun 13, 2018
Yeah, the ability to miss out on Altina (she's the elf chick from the very beginning of the game) is the one big misstep of TLS's design, I reckon. I mean, I managed on my first playthrough with Robin and Aka myself, but that was thanks to RNGsus watching out for my ass. Times like this, I don't think anyone would begrudge you using a save editor to pump up your characters' skills.
Ahh, the idea of using a save editor never crossed my mind. I managed to beat the route, but got pretty damn pissed after trying to beat the Cult boss for a good 30mins and realizing it was impossible. Thanks for the answers, kind of a bummer you gotta follow the guide to not miss out on shit. Still love the game though.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
if you mean the optional boss in the order trial, you gain nothing, only the fight XP.
and the game tell you about her, but in a obscure way. and even if you don't pick the hint, the standard behaviour "talk with everyone and interact with everything" is enough. for istance you mujst go here

my strong suggestion is reload an old save and recruit her (and all the keep inhabitants) you miss a lot without her, and you must replay very little of the game.

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
Bigger problem of early chapter 2 section is obtuse timer with weird logic, and sudden section ending.
Dang no update like I predicted on the third.New guess is that it's the tenth for patrons and 17th for public.
Hopped in the IRC briefly and that's what the topic message said.

Moonrunner

Mar 22, 2019
I remember playing some fairly early version of this quite a while ago, and what I saw of it was fairly linear. Ie, no farming monsters for money and XP, or going back to earlier areas for quests you might've missed. Is it still that way, or does the game open up in later stages?

Fatjoe698

Aug 28, 2018
I remember playing some fairly early version of this quite a while ago, and what I saw of it was fairly linear. Ie, no farming monsters for money and XP, or going back to earlier areas for quests you might've missed. Is it still that way, or does the game open up in later stages?
It opens up in some way. You get story segments where you can do objectives in any order. Still no farming though and some quests can be missed, others can be done later.

4.40 star(s) 178 Votes