Mar 31, 2020
Someone mentioned a "recall" or "memory" skill. I'm pretty sure I heard it mentioned in the game but don't know how to do it? Where/how can i do that skill?

TRowws

Jan 30, 2020
Kind of odd that you only get access to it 10 hours into the game. Especially now that there's art.

Robin_Scales

Feb 21, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Tbh, I'm not sure if i agree that this is the objectively better choice. It's certainly more moral, and it lets you sleep at night. But with an optimized game, those RP losses have minimal influence, since Qum and all others affected quickly reach 100 either way, with no significant stat-checks beforehand.
And never underestimate the power of cumulative profit. Taking the deal means one more major investment in chapter 1, which can mean 1 more significant investment during the split-route, which means more money for Ardford, and even MORE money post 3AW.
It adds up to many hundred thousands of Pron. You can do a lot of good for the entire continent with that money. A cynical man might even concider it to be more moral in the long run.
The only worry this causes me as an avid optimizer is how the "mystery base girl" brings it up, and how a certain recently introduced character from Eustrin reacts. The impact on her RP is significant. We'll see if Sierra will continue to punish that decision, but at the current state of the game, I actually find doing the asshole-ish thing to be the best option

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Tbh, I'm not sure if i agree that this is the objectively better choice. It's certainly more moral, and it lets you sleep at night. But with an optimized game, those RP losses have minimal influence, since Qum and all others affected quickly reach 100 either way, with no significant stat-checks beforehand.
And never underestimate the power of cumulative profit. Taking the deal means one more major investment in chapter 1, which can mean 1 more significant investment during the split-route, which means more money for Ardford, and even MORE money post 3AW.
It adds up to many hundred thousands of Pron. You can do a lot of good for the entire continent with that money. A cynical man might even concider it to be more moral in the long run.
The only worry this causes me as an avid optimizer is how the "mystery base girl" brings it up, and how a certain recently introduced character from Eustrin reacts. The impact on her RP is significant. We'll see if Sierra will continue to punish that decision, but at the current state of the game, I actually find doing the asshole-ish thing to be the best option
you can basicaly reach every best threshold/outcome in game without whoring qum. for now that extra money are unecessary.
yes, it's a tight fit for sure. but it's doable.

Ploate

Jun 6, 2020
Kind of odd that you only get access to it 10 hours into the game. Especially now that there's art.
The replay system was requested by fans back in 2015 and because Sierra was at that specific point in the story (Simon's route), I guess that's why it's included this way.

Robin_Scales

Feb 21, 2018
you can basicaly reach every best threshold/outcome in game without whoring qum. for now that extra money are unecessary.
yes, it's a tight fit for sure. but it's doable.
There was a reason why i specifically used the words "OBJECTIVELY better choice". It all comes down to which stats, which choices and what endgame goal you are building towards. Passing the highet amount of stat checks, with the highest grade? Owning the highest number of investments, and having the highest secret stats by the game's end? Just trying to do the right thing as best you can?

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
There was a reason why i specifically used the words "OBJECTIVELY better choice". It all comes down to which stats, which choices and what endgame goal you are building towards. Passing the highet amount of stat checks, with the highest grade? Owning the highest number of investments, and having the highest secret stats by the game's end? Just trying to do the right thing as best you can?
for now no outcome is tied to having a lot of ProN on hand [and outside join mercantile guild having a lot of ProN on hand do nothing]. but ALL game outcome are tied to hidden (or no so hidden) stats.

if i can reach everything [and don't mean a subjective evaluation, but the objective best result in every scenario] without whoring qum, the only gain in whoring her is more money, but the lose are permanent. so because that money isn't required, why i should choose to lose something without gaining anything?

this is the situation i call "money for the sake of money", or in orcent word: "But on the other hand, why do we acquire money, if not to eventually exchange it for abstract benefits?"

until the end of the game we don't know for sure the full effect of investment or other decision, but all this are obviously bad choice take them.

Last edited:

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
What I wanna know if we're going to be able to re-try Palina's stat check for triggering Eustrin final state or are we dicked to dish out 1 million ProN to Orilise if we fail it immediately.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
What I wanna know if we're going to be able to re-try Palina's stat check for triggering Eustrin final state or are we dicked to dish out 1 million ProN to Orilise if we fail it immediately.
every time you can talk to her [palina] she redo the math.
the real problem is a lot of the gain is tied to past decision or outcome, you can gain little with thing you can do now. i hope other bonus can be granted in the future

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
every time you can talk to her [palina] she redo the math.
the real problem is a lot of the gain is tied to past decision or outcome, you can gain little with thing you can do now. i hope other bonus can be granted in the future
In my case the airships should finally contribute... and the Dwarven embassy (Aram influence?) investment for 700k. Here's to hope that's enough.

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
There are some specific things you can't get if you whore Qum. Like best result in the Yhilin matchmaking quest, and some RP with Ginasta (who is still only at 13 in my game :cry: pls love me miss paladiness).

Robin_Scales

Feb 21, 2018
for now no outcome is tied to having a lot of ProN on hand [and outside join mercantile guild having a lot of ProN on hand do nothing]. but ALL game outcome are tied to hidden (or no so hidden) stats.

if i can reach everything [and don't mean a subjective evaluation, but the objective best result in every scenario] without whoring qum, the only gain in whoring her is more money, but the lose are permanent. so because that money isn't required, why i should choose to lose something without gaining anything?

this is the situation i call "money for the sake of money", or in orcent word: "But on the other hand, why do we acquire money, if not to eventually exchange it for abstract benefits?"

until the end of the game we don't know for sure the full effect of investment or other decision, but all this are obviously bad choice take them.
Evidently, we won't come to an agreement on how this is done best, but you seem to fundamentally miss the point on several occations:
I'm not arguing for simply hoarding Pron. No one is arguing for simply hoarding Pron. I am however, arguing for focusing on increasing returns in the first half of the game, and in early chapter 4, so that I may end up investing in a higher number of investments in the long run, and will finish chapter 5 in a stronger position. This isn't about putting off the secret stats, that drive game events forward. This is about increasing those stats in the long run. That's what investments do.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Evidently, we won't come to an agreement on how this is done best
no this isn't my point. my point it's whoring her isn't the objective better thing to do [and obviously not whoring her isn't the objective worst thing to do].

but you seem to fundamentally miss the point on several occations:
I'm not arguing for simply hoarding Pron. No one is arguing for simply hoarding Pron. I am however, arguing for focusing on increasing returns in the first half of the game, and in early chapter 4, so that I may end up investing in a higher number of investments in the long run, and will finish chapter 5 in a stronger position. This isn't about putting off the secret stats, that drive game events forward. This is about increasing those stats in the long run. That's what investments do.
you need that money up to now? no. you can reach anything you want [in the term of outcome result] without that money. I don't know the future, but you don't know it either, but that extra money are absoluted required for hit all the best threshold in the rest of the game? i find it hardly, i can tune my investments to gain more income [if the need will arise] without changing the decision to whoring qum.

and still you keep missing my point. gaining more money of the quantity needed for the best outcome is pointless, and take any non-best-result/outcome (even for the most trivial ones) for the possible eventualityin the future to have the absolute needed of that extra income is pointless.

in my playthrough i do everything you do [i suppose you whore qum], but with some little plus and nothing less. i don't see how you can think to obtain less without gaining nothing [i start feeling a broken record, but still i need to repeat. because the only gain you have is some unnecessary money] can be a "better" playthrough.

again, i don't say my route is the absolute best, because i don't know the future, but for now you can refuse to whore qum and sacrifice nothing.

Last edited:

Robin_Scales

Feb 21, 2018
Just going to comment a bit on these investment arguments:

I think you managed to summarize both viewpoints better than both Fulminato and I managed to do ourselves.
My point from the start was there is never such a thing as an objectively best way to play the game, and to discourage other minmaxers and their rhetoric which seeps with arrogance and self-satisfaction, believing that their gameplan alone is valid. It can get pretty toxic in the wiki-forum, when someone brings up investment plans.
Instead I came off as the guy who defended
, and solely wanted to make money, which wasn't my intention. I don't, actually, in most of times I've played through the game. I just concider it to be a valid strategic choice, for a person with different ideals for what he wants to achieve within the game.

Reactions: Snugglepuff
4.40 star(s) 177 Votes