Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Are the statuses of the candidates in the Ardan Candittes Room updated continuously? Or is it only the initial value? I am pretty sure I should have wrecked Donovan's chances by now but they are still at 'Good'.
they are update (well, check) istantly. wath you are do to weaken donovan position?

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
they are update (well, check) istantly. wath you are do to weaken donovan position?
Well, interrupted meeting in Mages Guild, had Wynn in harem, War memorial,convinced north shopkeeper to visit the Teahouse basement. Was gonna start with the ditraction by Iris thingy when she said that it was a function of his present position so decided to check. Was still at its original description. Are you supposed to go about it in some sequence?

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Well, interrupted meeting in Mages Guild, had Wynn in harem, War memorial,convinced north shopkeeper to visit the Teahouse basement. Was gonna start with the ditraction by Iris thingy when she said that it was a function of his present position so decided to check. Was still at its original description. Are you supposed to go about it in some sequence?
ok, my error.
the suitor score ("good" mean "4") is checked any time you interact with the sprite, but, for donovan [variable #0230], is changed only after you start iris distraction. your effort are store in the "donovan work" value [variable #0238] and the suitor score will change accordingly only after iris scheme.

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
ok, my error.
the suitor score ("good" mean "4") is checked any time you interact with the sprite, but, for donovan [variable #0230], is changed only after you start iris distraction. your effort are store in the "donovan work" value [variable #0238] and the suitor score will change accordingly only after iris scheme.
Okay then! I will proceed to fuck things up with the bastard!

Mephistofeles

Jul 9, 2017
Im loving this game, but my slavery loving, freaky overlord hearth needs to know.
Is there an evil ending for this? Like Simon becoming an actual incubus king.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Im loving this game, but my slavery loving, freaky overlord hearth needs to know.
Is there an evil ending for this? Like Simon becoming an actual incubus king.
Game isn't finished yet, but you can be pretty much sure the game won't have an evil ending.

At most it could be possible Simon becomes an immortal benevolent dictator that rules the entire planet, but even that much is a bit of a long shot.

aderpofni

Sep 12, 2018
I just finished Simon's part of the split path and feel compelled to vent.

That whole segment was one of the worst cases of bad game design I've ever seen. An unspecified time limit, with open ended tasks that take arbitrary amounts of time to complete, that change based on hidden variables from previous chapters. And absolutely no information provided to the player throughout.

How did someone implement something this bad? How did they not get to step XX/1000 and think, "hey does this make any sense?"

I'm glad some of you heroes have followed the walkthrough step-by-step since pressing "new game" and have shared saves, or this would be going straight into the bin. But I want to ask, does this continue? Do future chapters get any better about presenting information to the player, or is the rest of the game more blindly following the walkthrough?

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017

That whole segment was one of the worst cases of bad game design I've ever seen. An unspecified time limit, with open ended tasks that take arbitrary amounts of time to complete, that change based on hidden variables from previous chapters. And absolutely no information provided to the player throughout.

How did someone implement something this bad? How did they not get to step XX/1000 and think, "hey does this make any sense?"

I'm glad some of you heroes have followed the walkthrough step-by-step since pressing "new game" and have shared saves, or this would be going straight into the bin. But I want to ask, does this continue? Do future chapters get any better about presenting information to the player, or is the rest of the game more blindly following the walkthrough?
THe game will continue like that. But...you realize it doesn't fade to black game over if you don't follow the guide right? Like the only change will be Megail or whomever saying "We did amazingly well" vs "We did remarkable well." I feel like the guide ruins players experience more then helps it some times. Just relax and play dude, go for perfect on a second route and do this one blind.

Reactions: lostone2 and Reij

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

It continues like that.

You can even fail miserably and end up with the world in shit state if you do badly in wars. You can lose harem members too, think it's only 1 that I know of but she can get so injured in one part of the war she's unusable and ends up crippled.

It's not for everyone, it certainly isn't for people that aren't into old school rpg's.

To say it's bad is subjective though especially considering this game has a pretty big following. Personally I love stuff like this.

Reactions: L30 and Reij

manscout

Jun 13, 2018

To get the absolutely best results you will probably have to continue using a guide. But for what's worth I do think Simon's part of the split path is the one in the game that suffers the most from convolution and depending on really obscure stuff.

If you were fine with how the game was before Simon's route, then you should be fine with the rest of the game so far. And also like other people said, you don't have to get the absolutely best results at everything possible, the second best is usually just as satisfactory. Shooting for the absolute best is more of a metagame challenge for people who are already super familiar with the game's internal logic.

There are possible bad consequences for messing up too many things, but getting the worst case scenario is just as hard as getting the best case scenario. Also starting in chapter 3, but specially chapter 4, the game starts giving more explicit feedback on how well things are going for you so you can know if you need to invest more in building an army, or donating for social causes, or just focusing on earning more money.

aderpofni

Sep 12, 2018
It continues like that.
That is very disappointing.

I have no problem with choice and consequence in games, and always prefer exploring the game myself over following a walkthrough and trying to 100% everything. But that is only worthwhile if the game presents the player with sufficient information and feedback to accurately gauge their progress, and if the story is written to account for failure along the way.

It feels like you aren't playing the story as presented by the game, you are playing the story as imagined by the writer and poorly communicated through the game. The walkthrough becomes a necessary portal into their perspective, since the game isn't structured to facilitate the players.

Oh well, I'm still impressed with the quality of the writing and it's apparent this game has seen a ton of work over the years. Best of luck to the creator.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
since the game isn't structured to facilitate the players.
It's not, like I said it's in the same vein as old style RPG's.

You have to plan well ahead and think about everything.

Shit in some older RPG's we had to buy graph paper and draw maps so we didn't get lost. They had no quest logs or in game maps you had to do everything based on what NPC's told you.

This is easy mode.

Esgaldin

Jun 4, 2018
That is very disappointing.

I have no problem with choice and consequence in games, and always prefer exploring the game myself over following a walkthrough and trying to 100% everything. But that is only worthwhile if the game presents the player with sufficient information and feedback to accurately gauge their progress, and if the story is written to account for failure along the way.

It feels like you aren't playing the story as presented by the game, you are playing the story as imagined by the writer and poorly communicated through the game. The walkthrough becomes a necessary portal into their perspective, since the game isn't structured to facilitate the players.

Oh well, I'm still impressed with the quality of the writing and it's apparent this game has seen a ton of work over the years. Best of luck to the creator.
I totally understand you, I love sierra games she very good author and writer, but all of her games consist of one thing - tone of hidden variables, most of time player don't get no clue, no information, only outcome, it almost feels like game play itself without player. So yeah in one window you play game in another you keep opened game souse code to get a clue what a you exactly done, not the best game design. Still like I said - love her games and waiting for more, not too many games with such deepness out there.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The hidden variables are still very similar to what you see in AAA games.

I take it most people here have heard of Witcher 3?

That's full of little choices you won't see the outcome of for ages. For example you go to a beach and see a guy tied up about to be killed by Drowners. You get a choice, leave him or rescue him. If you rescue him he's grateful and goes about his business .... then you find him again a few hours later and he's murdered a family, he'd been tied up for a reason.

This is just the RPGM version of that. Choices should matter and they should require some thought or what is the point?

There are plenty of basic games on here or even those in the middle ground. Not all games are for everyone but some of us need something more that the basic stuff.

D

Deleted member 2152192

for the life of me, i cannot figure out how to end the final evening at the gathering of lords. i have talked to everyone in the camp, and done most of the events. I keep pressing space bar by the bed or trying to leave but no luck. any tips?

4.50 star(s) 181 Votes