falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
Eh, was gonna give it a chance

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You misinterpreted the painting conversation. Simon specifically leaves the painting in her care (not giving ownership of it, just stewardship). She wasn't trying to steal it.

And Wendis wasn't "being a ho" by encouraging Simon to flirt with other women. That is not really how being a ho works. You could perhaps call it being a pimp, if Simon were getting paid.
I don't think you can misinterpret art its all about your perception of said product.
I'm now interpreting your post as a digression on the merits of ham sandwiches versus roast beef that intentionally takes no position on art criticism.

What's that? You had a different message and I read it wrong? I'm misrepresenting what you definitely said or didn't say? Too bad! Death of the author, baby!
Anyway, I am baffled by Xerces' behaviour. Sending Xestris to a suicide mission is one thing but revoking her access to Philon? It makes no sense whatsoever.
It's probably because if Xestris could see what Xerces is now doing, she would find it difficult to reconcile with what she believes, and might work against him more earnestly.

Reactions: crapfest

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
It's probably because if Xestris could see what Xerces is now doing, she would find it difficult to reconcile with what she believes, and might work against him more earnestly.
this can be true, but i think he can find a better way to put it and make it appear a neccessary sacrifice she must do for saving xerces' great balancing plan. not simply "you were only a pawn and i never cared about you, lol".

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
You misinterpreted the painting conversation. Simon specifically leaves the painting in her care (not giving ownership of it, just stewardship). She wasn't trying to steal it.

And Wendis wasn't "being a ho" by encouraging Simon to flirt with other women. That is not really how being a ho works. You could perhaps call it being a pimp, if Simon were getting paid.
I heavily paraphrased in that instance because i'd just gotten the scene, and i obviously didn't think much of it. That Simon gives her permission goes back to my problem with him as a character, i don't like all of his decisions and i wish there was more player agency in various aspects of the game, and also to my problem with the game not giving giving enough reason to substantially like Wendis and therefore empathize or sympathize with Wynn's obsessive behavior, or excuse her general... self.

About your second point, i'll just add that it's both stated and implied that she encouraged him, and then did the same herself. Which is fine, but as altruistic as you or i imagine it to be. But i already tried to explain my point of view regarding her. At the end of the day it's my opinion, and i just have no interest in discussing it further.

Zaq Reman

Jan 28, 2018
this can be true, but i think he can find a better way to put it and make it appear a neccessary sacrifice she must do for saving xerces' great balancing plan. not simply "you were only a pawn and i never cared about you, lol".
Yeah, for me the only way to square this circle is if Xerces is at least broadly aware that we've been making overtures to Xestris and the best thing she can do for his plan right now is work with us, so he pushed her to a point where he hoped/expected that would be her reaction. Perhaps his aim here is for us to root out the 3rd Tyrant and stop them, and he figured the info she'd be willing to share would nudge us towards focusing on doing so?

Reactions: Hung Gen

Yubiwan

Sep 18, 2019
I accidentally deleted all my saves. I would appreciate if someone can upload a save of the end of V.0.53.3.
Anyone can help me please?

Zaq Reman

Jan 28, 2018
I accidentally deleted all my saves. I would appreciate if someone can upload a save of the end of V.0.53.3.
I'm at work right now, I can see about getting you one this afternoon if no one else has posted by then.

Just wandering if in the new version v0.54.0 there's mouse support?
Mouse support is highly unlikely to ever get added to this game, it's a limitation of the engine.

Maizemallard

Dec 24, 2019
"I'm now interpreting your post as a digression on the merits of ham sandwiches versus roast beef that intentionally takes no position on art criticism."

Wow I didn't think you viewed my comment as art really appreciate the comment :ROFLMAO: missing my entire point doesn't make you right though being objectively wrong is not my point for example If a character stabs another character and I say that character didn't stab that other character then i would be objectively false but subjective matters like caring for a character you can choose to like that character or not because its your opinion even if a piece of media wants you to like that character. Man this isn't even this serious I even said I like Wynn and Daken crime is not liking one character with a game with over 20+ characters.

This thread is sick of arguing can we move on now....

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Yeah, for me the only way to square this circle is if Xerces is at least broadly aware that we've been making overtures to Xestris and the best thing she can do for his plan right now is work with us, so he pushed her to a point where he hoped/expected that would be her reaction. Perhaps his aim here is for us to root out the 3rd Tyrant and stop them, and he figured the info she'd be willing to share would nudge us towards focusing on doing so?
if this is the case, i think more probable the last scene with the anak leave the gathering is a setup to push xestris in simon's group with little question asked, and start works a spy for the anak in the heart of simon's domain. either way i don't trust xestris last dialogue either. she can lie or can be deceived by her master to the point all her words are untrue.

Just wandering if in the new version v0.54.0 there's mouse support?
you can simply sto wandering here then. the possibility of adding a mouse support are nearly zero.

lucas69

Nov 18, 2016
I'm at work right now, I can see about getting you one this afternoon if no one else has posted by then.

Mouse support is highly unlikely to ever get added to this game, it's a limitation of the engine.
But still I saw lots of talk about that in the thread, some saying that it's supposed to happen in the next update(s?), so is that a 100% not going to happen?

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
I'm going to be honest to the people that are saying your interpretation is wrong because the creator had a meaning and if you don't interpret a piece of media as the same way as the creator does that means your wrong and discard the other persons opinion is a really shitty thing to do. It doesn't matter if the creator had a meaning or purpose what matters is what effect it has on a player if Draken says he doesn't like Wynn that's fine because that's his opinion and while I may disagree with him I wont discard his opinion and say Draken wrong about how he views Wynn. For example a piece of media may express how cool and great a character is but that doesn't mean the audience likes or cares for that character. When you discard a person opinion your not helping the game your just pissing off people from playing the game. We all have one thing we have in common we like the game we just have different opinions.

I'm saying this not to shit on people but because its been an issue I've seen plenty of comments saying they didn't like the gathering scenes and instead of people trying to understand that person point and encourage them to keep playing they just shit on them and tell them to not play the game which doesn't help anybody or the game.
Though I like the sentiment, I think it also depends very much on the work. Varying interpretations of Tolkien is, as you say, utterly fine and most likely the actual intent of the writer. Conversely, a radically different interpretation of Orwell's "Animal Farm" might possibly create a different paradigm because the story does have a tangible focus to its function. That is the difference in metaphor and allegory. Indeed, all art is subjective, or it would be science. However, if the focus of a work is meant for one focus, I think there is some imperative to see that intent from the artist, and then be free to decide what to do with that knowledge.
Not saying this applies, in either way, to this game. Referring solely to your statement on interpretations of media.

Reactions: Maizemallard

Zaq Reman

Jan 28, 2018
But still I saw lots of talk about that in the thread, some saying that it's supposed to happen in the next update(s?), so is that a 100% not going to happen?
The only remotely recent talk about it in this thread was one entitled asshole saying Sierra's lazy for not putting actual updates on hold for months in favor of converting the game to a newer RPGMaker version so that he can play on a tablet without needing a D-pad overlay. A fan made a conversion of a prior version, but the amount of bugfixing that would be needed to ensure nothing broke in the switch (including invisible setup for future events), makes it utterly impractical for Sierra to officially move the game to an engine that includes mouse support.

flazeo25

May 12, 2017
Pretty sure Anak pushed Xecres to Simon is partly to spy and more to keep her safe for whatever he about to do or have happen to his country. As just abandoning her go against his mentality.

Ahverist

Oct 3, 2017
Sierra Lee fucked up, he/she placed the mega links as the title and you can just copy and paste the link, Bruh

Goi

Nov 18, 2017
second half of the second gathering though it is not final result and in fact one part is still using placeholder values, final balance comes out either this friday or next

Reactions: Maizemallard

Zaq Reman

Jan 28, 2018
Okay, here's a pair of saves, one from near the end of 0.53 content, one from the very start of it. Reason for both is that there's a lot of balancing still to come across the entire Gathering, it's possible the latter save might be in a state where it's impossible to reach whatever your desired outcomes are. My playthrough's been near-optimal to this point, so the earlier save shouldn't leave you locked out of anything that's possible to achieve.

4.40 star(s) 179 Votes