manscout

Jun 13, 2018
So does anyone know what happens in 56.2

:unsure:
Compared to 56.0: just minor bug fixes and balance changes on the new content.

Compared to 55.4 (the previous public release): What's in the changelog for 56.0, mostly just new open world content for chapter 5 (Elleanni's quest, Iris' quest, a few optional bosses, other fluff with some npcs) and more art for older scenes.

Reactions: kailius

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
Can someone update the download links on the cover page to show that the game has been recently updated several times? Thanks.

Cricco

May 5, 2021
Simon is actually one of the few harem protagonists that I actually want to see succeed, not just to get to the h-scenes, but because the character is genuinely likeable and admirable. I identify with him the most because of similar life circumstances and breadth of perspective. He faces a lot of morally grey choices but most of them make pragmatic and ethical sense. This dilemma with Wendis seems like a question of how far you're willing to indulge the love of your life, even when the benefit is dubious and quite possibly negative.
I on the other hand wanna see him fail, at least then he'd get some depth. He reminds me of fanfics i used to read as a teenager, down to the uncharismatic "i'm actually smart and charismatic" monologues. That, and the lack of conflict. Its really maddening how everyone has long character arcs, while Simon is so smart and nice that no obstacle is ever actually a problem and nothing can actually ever corrupt him. I almost cheered when the decision to absord the Incubus King's shard and its darkness came into play, finally some layers. But nope, another non-issue.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

catal010

Mar 22, 2020
Can someone update the download links on the cover page to show that the game has been recently updated several times? Thanks.
or you can follow the game on Steam, so you'll get announcement ticker everytime the game updates when Sierra made a steam blogpost.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I on the other hand wanna see him fail, at least then he'd get some depth. He reminds me of fanfics i used to read as a teenager, down to the uncharismatic "i'm actually smart and charismatic" monologues. That, and the lack of conflict. Its really maddening how everyone has long character arcs, while Simon is so smart and nice that no obstacle is ever actually a problem and nothing can actually ever corrupt him. I almost cheered when the decision to absord the Incubus King's shard and its darkness came into play, finally some layers. But nope, another non-issue.
it is state from the start the simon's willpower. is enough to be able to starving himslef from sex to death if he choose to do so.
compare this with the behaviour of any other IK's. even tertia never meet someone like simon. hoping for "descend in corruption" is hoping for nothing. simon endgame is to change the system, don't play under its rules.

one can complaing him is to much a gary stu. and there is some truth in it. but the whole character is make belivable without broken to much the suspension of disbelief. he is old, much older of the protagonist usualy a harem game with theme of mind control and corruption usualy had. old mean knowledge and he put to use that knowledge. don't show obtuseness and any decision is explained in the real of logic. the story is railoaded without the ability to say "fuck you, i want be a normal IK", but it's a standard for jrpg. one the main complain is nearly a only female cast for allies and helper and nearly any opposition is male.
someone time ago noted the whole harem are made from lone wolf or people coming from a disastrous relationship. a bit to much convenient.

enkephalin07

Dec 13, 2017
I see someone who's already faced enough conflicts that forging new territory, as he's resolved to, doesn't create any personality crisis for him. He's not charismatic, his is the opposite of charismatic leadership -- he's cool, calculating and steady as a rock. People aren't drawn to him because he's magnetic, they're drawn to him because he has the gravity that the world relies on. Probably because he's not self-centered enough to angst on his own issues that others find themselves centered with him.

Deepsea

Apr 20, 2017
someone time ago noted the whole harem are made from lone wolf or people coming from a disastrous relationship. a bit to much convenient.
The little girl did ask simon how he felt about certain people being "pushed" into his way to gaining power, especially early on.
Yarra was searching for a good Incubus King to serve.
Qum, someone who can see tower magic instinctively, just happened to be in Feroholm.
Aka has a thing for older men and walked right into the curse, forcing Simon to use his magic on her.
Varia has her destiny meaning she can't die but that also helps in the Zirantia claw trial to get to an area nobody else could.
Altina is ultimatly up to Simon, she may have been collateral damage as she crossed Simon's path before the shard and a while later.
Robin of course wants to help her father and her knowledge on Simon's condition allows her to act as a proxy while expanding her magical knowledge, something she wouldn't get in the Academy.
Hilstara was an old companion that got caught up in Incubus gear and needed Simon's protection again.
Carina likewise managed to banish the Seed of Chaos but as a result got hit with the resulting energy. Little girl blonde hair, Ivala blonde hair, Carina blonde hair and affection in harem not locked in yet, it's always 99. Hmm.
Up to this point, I consider all these women, especially Yarra, Qum, Aka, Varia, Hilstara and Carina were pushed into Simon's path. Not only because their lives are improved by being with him but because their usefulness to his cause can't be understated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maizemallard

Cricco

May 5, 2021
it is state from the start the simon's willpower. is enough to be able to starving himslef from sex to death if he choose to do so.
compare this with the behaviour of any other IK's. even tertia never meet someone like simon. hoping for "descend in corruption" is hoping for nothing. simon endgame is to change the system, don't play under its rules.

one can complaing him is to much a gary stu. and there is some truth in it. but the whole character is make belivable without broken to much the suspension of disbelief. he is old, much older of the protagonist usualy a harem game with theme of mind control and corruption usualy had. old mean knowledge and he put to use that knowledge. don't show obtuseness and any decision is explained in the real of logic. the story is railoaded without the ability to say "fuck you, i want be a normal IK", but it's a standard for jrpg. one the main complain is nearly a only female cast for allies and helper and nearly any opposition is male.
Absorbing the shard wouldnt have really been about corruption in my vision, it would have been about actual -real- ingame way to showcase Simon's incorruptible nature, aka conflict, aka character work.

As for the old age, pretty positive its just there to wave away the Mary Sue-ness. Dude sat on his ass his whole life, accomplished nothing of note for most of it, and yet he schools Queens in matters of politics, knows everything about economy, and is all around loved by everyone hes ever met/meets bar the antagonists. And hes also incorruptible despite deciding in a couple of days to use powers that enslave people, and in a couple of weeks to wage a war that would kill who knows how many innocent people. Actually on that last note, its actually kind of laughable that the only person whos ever questioned the guy's motives and methods is Ginasta. Would have sure made the romance with the Queen a whole lot more memorable and dynamic.

I see someone who's already faced enough conflicts that forging new territory, as he's resolved to, doesn't create any personality crisis for him. He's not charismatic, his is the opposite of charismatic leadership -- he's cool, calculating and steady as a rock. People aren't drawn to him because he's magnetic, they're drawn to him because he has the gravity that the world relies on. Probably because he's not self-centered enough to angst on his own issues that others find themselves centered with him.
Paraphrasing Barristan Selmy: "mudd's useful, fire's fascinating." Meaning, someone who has neither nor presence nor charm should not be as generally well liked as Simon is, nor have such a large pool of women of various personalities throwing themselves at him. All in all i think he'd make a way better side character than protagonist tbh.

Last edited:

Goi

Nov 18, 2017
The thing is if he absorbed the Incubus king shard right away he would of became similar to said king just the few seconds he had it was enough to fill his head up with all the Stupid Fetishes that made him by far the weakest of the major kings.
Him throwing it away is that incorruptible nature because he would of lost to it plain and simple
the small shards he can overwhelm with like a day of concentrated work

It is also brought up he is being an idiot with his whole refusal to fully embrace his Shard and let it change him which costs him a lot of power

this is also shown with how the Fucklord small shard basically fuck over the people that get them by giving them the same arrogance that he had without the power to back it up

loverperson

Jan 30, 2020
Can someone give me a fully optimized save starting at the end of the gawnfall council. I messed up mother guard and had to pay extra to reach potion seller. around line 203 in this

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Honestly, if you keep at the game at some point you're gonna stop caring about the sex, and start being kept up at night considering the economic and social implications of your decisions :p
I all honesty that doesn't bother me since I keep notes on what I have and should've done. And I can always start over with a fresh game using my notes to redo things economically and socially to get better results. And some of those thing you simply cannot since you have to make One decision on which countries or regions to help out. And those choices have ill affects no matter what you choose.

The other would be to use the RPGEditor tool or an online editor to raise your social points with other countries. But I'm really interested in doing that.

Even reading FandomWiki pages for the game, the decisions are still tough to sort out. Your damned if you make one, and damned if you make any others.

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
I'm missing at least 1 clothing location to complete Iris' sewing quest, and need some assistance. Has anyone posted a list of the locations yet? Thanks.

catal010

Mar 22, 2020
Carina likewise managed to banish the Seed of Chaos but as a result got hit with the resulting energy. Little girl blonde hair, Ivala blonde hair, Carina blonde hair and affection in harem not locked in yet, it's always 99. Hmm.
its probably a public secret now that Carina will get its 100 affection locked when we met Ivala / solved the mystery of the Goddesses.

Deepsea

Apr 20, 2017
And hopefully we get to fuck Ivala while fingering the fuck out of the Mother....
5 girls, Xestris (She has an affection count), Ivala, Mythyn, Mother and Zelica but only 3 slots left in other category. Something tells me that might not come true.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
5 girls, Xestris (She has an affection count), Ivala, Mythyn, Mother and Zelica but only 3 slots left in other category. Something tells me that might not come true.
True, but at the same time, the "leaders" slot was 100% complete before you could recruit Elleani. Last update, "leaders" slot got one more opening and we were able to recruit her.

Same thing might happen...hopefully...

catal010

Mar 22, 2020
Harem Slot isnt set in stone as Sierra have said. She can taketh it and giveth it away according to who gets committed into Simon wholesome relationship.

4.50 star(s) 181 Votes