Zaq Reman

Jan 28, 2018
Thanks. However, when I go into the stone tower mine there's nothing available to mine. Isn't this supposed to be regenerating?
That's the Strange Gold (which you've probably sold) that regenerates; on your first trip there if you cleared it out you should've also found a True Gold that went in Key Items?

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
That's the Strange Gold (which you've probably sold) that regenerates; on your first trip there if you cleared it out you should've also found a True Gold that went in Key Items?
Thanks again, I found strange gold in my items but no true gold. I tried advancing several days but the mine isn't regenerating. I did get some strange gold and abysmal gems in the other tower site option.

Goi

Nov 18, 2017
Thanks again, I found strange gold in my items but no true gold. I tried advancing several days but the mine isn't regenerating. I did get some strange gold and abysmal gems in the other tower site option.
Did you get the True stone instead from the mine do you remember since then you might not be able to do that quest right now

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
[...] Up to this point, I consider all these women, especially Yarra, Qum, Aka, Varia, Hilstara and Carina were pushed into Simon's path. Not only because their lives are improved by being with him but because their usefulness to his cause can't be understated.
ivala said a couple of time to have engineering simon path in some fashion. so simon path isn't made by random chance. the shards have the power to distort reality by some degree. carina was steer toward the seed by a sensation one can pin to come from ivala herself, because she want carina in simon enturage for... reason.

As for the old age, pretty positive its just there to wave away the Mary Sue-ness. Dude sat on his ass his whole life, accomplished nothing of note for most of it, and yet he schools Queens in matters of politics, knows everything about economy, and is all around loved by everyone hes ever met/meets bar the antagonists. And hes also incorruptible despite deciding in a couple of days to use powers that enslave people, and in a couple of weeks to wage a war that would kill who knows how many innocent people. Actually on that last note, its actually kind of laughable that the only person whos ever questioned the guy's motives and methods is Ginasta. Would have sure made the romance with the Queen a whole lot more memorable and dynamic.
this is untrue. first simon don't achieve nothing in his life. he help sarai a lot when she was in the inquisition and he was in a position of command when the allied armies stop the IE in the area it will become zirantia.
but even with his intelligence, experience and willpower he was laking a key element, raw power. mestan describe him "the most basic soldier in the world". he wasn't born in the higher circle (noble and such) and a life spend in the army (and the research of a system to stop the IE) prevent him to pursue the whealth to buy his pass in the higher circle mentioned above.

ability alone isn't enoguh to reach top positions, this is true everywhere, or you are born in it, or you need a lot of skill and luck to reach it. before simon gained his shard he was nothing any real power will recognized as person. for the war... he grew up during the second arclentian war, a slaughterhouse destroying a third of the continent and killed a bazillion of people, he spend the rest of his life as soldier and mercenary for the church. hardly a careere soldier will condem war.

and he never enslave everyone [trin is a contracted mage, she wasn't enslave by simon, he fulfill her contract]. it's state from the start (by riala and robin) he had the willpower to bend the shard to be in agreement with him and not the opposite (as usualy happen to the other shardholders), he is an eccelent generalist (a bit to much, true, expecialy at the start of the game), but every memebers of his entourage is better in they field of specialization. many time in the game is remember simon working very hard to compensate his lack in raw power, the power of the shard let him reach is true potential.

Paraphrasing Barristan Selmy: "mudd's useful, fire's fascinating." Meaning, someone who has neither nor presence nor charm should not be as generally well liked as Simon is, nor have such a large pool of women of various personalities throwing themselves at him. All in all i think he'd make a way better side character than protagonist tbh.
doylist answer, the dev had said time ago to expect the player enjoy the harem as mere collection of women for the playerbase, and the attachment of the players to the game characters was totaly unexpected, knowning that from the start will make simon's entourage/harem will be a lot smaller. and with more allied male characters.

Even reading FandomWiki pages for the game, the decisions are still tough to sort out. Your damned if you make one, and damned if you make any others.
fandom wiki is the facto abandoned, the new is

5 girls, Xestris (She has an affection count), Ivala, Mythyn, Mother and Zelica but only 3 slots left in other category. Something tells me that might not come true.
some casual sex isn't a full harem member. for ivala i'm convinced she doesn't join, but some sexy shenanigans can happen. i don't care about the mother, she can be blasted from reality and her shard used with more worthly people.

Harem Slot isnt set in stone as Sierra have said. She can taketh it and giveth it away according to who gets committed into Simon wholesome relationship.
wrong. since the reworks of the harem panel (at the start of chapter 3 IIRC when the tab rulers changed in leaders) the number of slot it's the same, some time to time a single slot roamed between non combat/leader/other category.

for reference (combat/non-combat/leaders/others]:
v0.31: 12/7/7/6 [first real chapter 4 release]
v0.42: 12/6/8/6 [first post-synod release]
v0.53: 12/6/7/7 [Second Gathering first half]
in the last release is 12/6/8/6.

Question about 2 quests. I can't figure out where to do Imperial Training, or finding the last servant.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
imperial training is a quest in simon route. you can complete only here and after the start of the chapter 3 that should be gone in any cases.
for palace staff: (the list is lacking chaya, hestera's maid, joining if your second gathering result is somewhat decent and the unsuccubus in elleani estate)

catal010

Mar 22, 2020
wrong. since the reworks of the harem panel (at the start of chapter 3 IIRC when the tab rulers changed in leaders) the number of slot it's the same, some time to time a single slot roamed between non combat/leader/other category.
I'll give this 1 to you. I forgot Sierra have said that she had all the character planned from the start.
I was more referring to the Harem Slot UI not being fixed/unchanged from the start, but if the planned character is already set in stone from the start, moving around Harem Slot isnt really something.

thedoubleyew

Mar 4, 2018
imperial training is a quest in simon route. you can complete only here and after the start of the chapter 3 that should be gone in any cases.
I'm having a hard time understanding what you said here.

for palace staff: (the list is lacking chaya, hestera's maid, joining if your second gathering result is somewhat decent and the unsuccubus in elleani estate)
I checked the wikis, they were not much help. I currently have

Goi

Nov 18, 2017
I'm having a hard time understanding what you said here.
That Quest was meant to be started during Simon's section in chapter 2 after the party split and removed after chapter 3 starts

I checked the wikis, they were not much help. I currently have
So patty you got, one of Ina, Kia, Lucy and Renna missing, Beatrice is probably not avaible but you can check ardan Church to be sure, Either Kara or Lucy you have think Kara but could be wrong

enkephalin07

Dec 13, 2017
Paraphrasing Barristan Selmy: "mudd's useful, fire's fascinating." Meaning, someone who has neither nor presence nor charm should not be as generally well liked as Simon is, nor have such a large pool of women of various personalities throwing themselves at him. All in all i think he'd make a way better side character than protagonist tbh.
So you see him as a designated protagonist because he didn't light a fire under your particular asshairs, and didn't kneejerk to what you sorely wish you could. Well, maybe after a post narrative expansion you could get a puppet Simon who will do all the petty shit your petty heart desires. If not, then just fanfic your own satisfaction, then shove it wherever gratifies you most.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: falafelswoop

Cricco

May 5, 2021
So you see him as a designated protagonist because he didn't light a fire under your particular asshairs, and didn't kneejerk to what you sorely wish you could. Well, maybe after a post narrative expansion you could get a puppet Simon who will do all the petty shit your petty heart desires. If not, then just fanfic your own satisfaction, then shove it wherever gratifies you most.

Pills?

Reactions: Skybreaker1337

bansdebar

Jan 11, 2019
Replaying the game and I noticed a loophole in the story somewhere.

Vhala never learned that Simon is the doom king, yet somehow she knows during the 3AW. Either this or I'm missing something.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Replaying the game and I noticed a loophole in the story somewhere.

Vhala never learned that Simon is the doom king, yet somehow she knows during the 3AW. Either this or I'm missing something.
* read the post wrong *

Dari is working with simon, and some sort of communication between dari and vhala are expected during the unflod of chapter 3 events. vhala know Simon is a IK, and she know simon is working in yhilin.

Last edited:

Pugorilla

Oct 21, 2017
So I'm trying to do Hilstara's Request but every time I go to the Rebel's Pass, Simon hits me with the "Our business is in Stineford." Is there someone I'm supposed to talk to, so that I'm able to do it or is this after I've done everything in Stineford? Any help would be appreciated.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
So I'm trying to do Hilstara's Request but every time I go to the Rebel's Pass, Simon hits me with the "Our business is in Stineford." Is there someone I'm supposed to talk to, so that I'm able to do it or is this after I've done everything in Stineford? Any help would be appreciated.
I believe that quest only unlocks during the open world section after doing the chapter 5 stineford stuff.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
have confronted annah in the cathedral? if the reply is not (as i think) you need to complete that story section before can pursue hilstara request. if the reply is yes it's probabily a bug.

Pugorilla

Oct 21, 2017
I believe that quest only unlocks during the open world section after doing the chapter 5 stineford stuff.
have confronted annah in the cathedral? if the reply is not (as i think) you need to complete that story section before can pursue hilstara request. if the reply is yes it's probabily a bug.
Ah, thank you. Was having a hard time because I didn't want to miss anything, thanks for the help.

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
OMG it's so easy to miss little things that have big effects. Will be trying my third play through soon to try to get it right. Any one recommend a better walkthrough to use than the wiki? I find the way its set out clunky and sometimes almost deliberately difficult. (In one instance pointing out the things not to miss at the end after you've already missed them.)

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
OMG it's so easy to miss little things that have big effects. Will be trying my third play through soon to try to get it right. Any one recommend a better walkthrough to use than the wiki? I find the way its set out clunky and sometimes almost deliberately difficult. (In one instance pointing out the things not to miss at the end after you've already missed them.)
one should be a bit better for your purposes.

Do be warned that since the game isn't finished yet, optimal decisions aren't set on stone so that walkthrough can't guarantee all the decisions made there are the ideal ones.

Reactions: Harabec
4.50 star(s) 181 Votes