iju513

Dec 7, 2017
Using the scroll could push you over but I thought it would be used against the lost shard as that took me 40+ turns to kill in needing to double debuff/buff and the scroll helped with that, using it against the heart means you'd have to use that plus the dari potion and have no help against the final target. I still think it's a bug and debuff isn't working for some reason.
The Forgotten Shard feels more susceptible to debuffs for me, and I had plenty of other items to use when my energy was close to giving out like mana/burning leaves and roots. Just as long as I kept the defense buffs and attack debuffs stacked, so much as using weakening slash multiple times when it kept self-buffing, it kind of clicked. I could have been REALLY lucky since the boss kinda forces you to make an attack with 1 hp, silenced and sexbinded, and all items destroyed once you get it down to that point. And I still had a Givini Potion in reserve until that final clutch moment.

All the bosses have a kind of trick to them, really. The first you have to heal every other turn while freezing it. The second I found you have to debuff its speed constantly and then healing one time by spell or else you get silenced. Third one you're better off using the mp to heal before fighting because it drains you, and then whack it with Nalili's skill. The fourth (bane of my playthroughs) seems to require you to buff yourself to wade through its attacks than just picking the right equipment build (I was half-tempted to give myself one of the easy route items via cheat if all else failed). And the last one is like a final exam that FORCES you to use items in battle, and to see if you managed said items well enough because you'll need to use them to recover at least MP.

WazaQQXOXO

Jul 10, 2021
The thing is, I tried it your way but still got killed. Weakening Slash didn't work and Shielded Stance alone wasn't enough to stop the damage. Wendis' Scroll made all the difference because I didn't have to spare a turn to keep the doublebuff going and I had a boost in magic for healing too.
Made a mistake in one of my previous posts, I used the heretic robes, not the winter cloak.
In 0.58, weakening strike does not have a 100% chance to apply debuff, and if you’re unlucky, you won’t get the one that you need. Are you sure the strike does not apply at least one debuff? If that’s the case, I can’t help you.

iju513

Dec 7, 2017
Made a mistake in one of my previous posts, I used the heretic robes, not the winter cloak.
In 0.58, weakening strike does not have a 100% chance to apply debuff, and if you’re unlucky, you won’t get the one that you need. Are you sure the strike does not apply at least one debuff? If that’s the case, I can’t help you.
It's fine, really. Because... I already beat it my way. XP

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
Since weaking strike was the key to pretty much EVERY boss in the final lock, SL changed it. It no longer works on the FLame Knight or The Heart of Lust.

The amulet of chaos is MEANT to block sexbind, but is bugged. Beating the Heart of Lust is still doable (I used the hell out of Hilstaria's shield move.) but it will be far easier in 58.2

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

WazaQQXOXO

Jul 10, 2021
Since weaking strike was the key to pretty much EVERY boss in the final lock, SL changed it. It no longer works on the FLame Knight or The Heart of Lust.

The amulet of chaos is MEANT to block sexbind, but is bugged. Beating the Heart of Lust is still doable (I used the hell out of Hilstaria's shield move.) but it will be far easier in 58.2
Thanks for the clarification.

I knew weakening strike had a role in some bosses, but not to that extent. I only remember using it on the two last bosses of the black castle and the final encounter, not so sure about the mimic.

Sotman

Mar 18, 2018

The amulet of chaos is not bugged. SL just forgot to add the sexbind immunity, though I can't fault her for that. She seems to be overwhelmed with the rebalancing of 0.58.x
Anyway, I have "fixed" the item. If someone really needs it and can't wait for the public release, then they can place to the data folder of the game. (My fix requires you to have decrypted the game first)

Sotman

Mar 18, 2018
How did you play on joiplay? I get a "file not supported" error
You need to extract the exe file. However the game might have some problems. I tried to play 0.58.0 on Joiplay but many sprites and images refused to show.

maxdrell

Jun 7, 2017
At what point does a certain character upgrade Simon's ribbon accessory? Was trying to speed through the game from start since I changed computers, but I seem to have missed the window to get the accessory upgraded. Could anyone narrow down the time it occurs so I can load up one of the back-up saves and get it? I know I can save edit it, but I'd rather make sure I have the flags set for it too since it may be something relevant later.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
At what point does a certain character upgrade Simon's ribbon accessory? Was trying to speed through the game from start since I changed computers, but I seem to have missed the window to get the accessory upgraded. Could anyone narrow down the time it occurs so I can load up one of the back-up saves and get it? I know I can save edit it, but I'd rather make sure I have the flags set for it too since it may be something relevant later.
The ribbon upgrade has not happened yet.

OHDM

Aug 11, 2021
H
You need to extract the exe file. However the game might have some problems. I tried to play 0.58.0 on Joiplay but many sprites and images refused to show.
How do i extract the .exe do i have to do it in pc first? I could but im pretty lazy hehe.

Sotman

Mar 18, 2018
H

How do i extract the .exe do i have to do it in pc first? I could but im pretty lazy hehe.
I think that renaming it to zip/7z works. I haven't played 0.58.1 on my phone so I don't know if the issues with 0.58.0 persist. If they do, then it is really hard to solve the boulder puzzle. Proceed with caution.

Grim8P

Jul 29, 2017
I think that renaming it to zip/7z works. I haven't played 0.58.1 on my phone so I don't know if the issues with 0.58.0 persist. If they do, then it is really hard to solve the boulder puzzle. Proceed with caution.
0.58.1 fixed a lot, boulder puzzle included. 0.58.2 does more but I've only played through 0.58.0 and 0.58.1.

vusun123

Sep 13, 2017
Beaten the update without using the easy path, also obtained the Incubus Sword. Heart of Lust is a bitch without Wendis's scroll. The damage was simply too great for me.

4.50 star(s) 180 Votes