Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can be even greedier. Things like skipping Vinario and whoring Qum to afford all 3 banks + crystal refinery in chapter 2, not buying non-profitable investments that disappear at the end of chapter 4, missing the best results in some events by delaying certain investments in favor of more profitable ones, etc.

All of those things could increase the total ProN earned by the player, and I'm okay with them not being the most optimal way of playing the game for reasons like the drawbacks not being worth what you can gain with the extra ProN, but in my opinion that should be because the things you can spend your ProN on at the endgame are not as efficient as just avoiding the drawbacks of failing to meet the best thresholds in earlier events or getting the non-profitables that go away. But not just because there is absolutely nothing left to spend your ProN on in the whole world (sx liquidation notwithstanding), that just sounds silly.

Shadinx2

Apr 19, 2020
Well I mostly like doing my own math 'n choices. Feels like part of the fun. Also under my current calculations which are WAY less greedy than my quick peak into what Tosha does in their playthrough regarding investments, another full round should get me almost everything, if not everything.

Reactions: kingkiller0297

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
You can be even greedier. Things like skipping Vinario and whoring Qum to afford all 3 banks + crystal refinery in chapter 2, not buying non-profitable investments that disappear at the end of chapter 4, missing the best results in some events by delaying certain investments in favor of more profitable ones, etc.
first red flag for people thinking they can optimizing TLS, but in reality they know very little is propose whoring qum run a more money rewarding one.

no, it's false, whoring qum it's actualy a worse playthrough in money returning. a lot boil down to having special supplier an higher return compared the dwarren supplier

skipping vinario mean you miss megail rp bonus after boy and govern 1, having one less trin copy and other negative effect.
it's another big no...

the most "money make" playtrough in the discord (unwored qum, vinario deed, 100k OoS,...) with a full return and nothing other to invest it's littleral able to buy everything outside chalice warhouse donation (even orc democracy) you cannot literally go more greedied of this.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
first red flag for people thinking they can optimizing TLS, but in reality they know very little is propose whoring qum run a more money rewarding one.

no, it's false, whoring qum it's actualy a worse playthrough in money returning. a lot boil down to having special supplier an higher return compared the dwarren supplier

skipping vinario mean you miss megail rp bonus after boy and govern 1, having one less trin copy and other negative effect.
it's another big no...

the most "money make" playtrough in the discord (unwored qum, vinario deed, 100k OoS,...) with a full return and nothing other to invest it's littleral able to buy everything outside chalice warhouse donation (even orc democracy) you cannot literally go more greedied of this.
Rename attached txt file to json for a calculator save.

Unsurprisingly, 2 extra return rounds with Yhilin bank (on top of the other 2 banks and the crystal refinery) pay more than the "whopping" 20k difference per chapter 4-5 iterations between special supplier and dwarren. It also pays earlier so you can squeeze even more investments a round earlier than the alternative. It is not a massive snowball but it more than makes up the difference.

Skipping Vinario doesn't affect a single critical variable (trin copies are never strained after chapter 2, can still have clean BoY without maxed Megail by sacrificing excess army size with different BoY decisions). It literally only loses a few Tak'kan and Ardoheim score points by not being able to give the deeds to Grubbak in the post 3AW conference, not enough to affect any of the checks presently in the game.

Your dismissive and wrongly informed attitude is precisely the reason why I'm against a "ProN ceiling" tailored for the "community consensus" optimized run. You think you already figured out everything that can be done with routing and you think what it can reach is all the dev should bother rewarding, but it is still too early to say the game has been fully figured out and creativity can still find ways to achieve things you didn't know were possible. Not to say that I think the route I have attached should be more optimal than the current ones, I don't like the idea of whoring Qum, but the drawback there should never be "you made more money than the dev expected you to, so your greedy run is bad because there's nothing left to spend your money on".

Even aside of the fact you're wrong about how greedy a player can be to make more ProN, my point is that I dislike the scenario where a player gets to the final investment round and has nothing worthwhile left to spend their money on. What if a player skipped some of the non-profitable investments that disappear at the end of chapter 4? The player can end up in the final round with over 500k ProN that they can't spend on anything but getting Sx.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Unsurprisingly, 2 extra return rounds with Yhilin bank (on top of the other 2 banks and the crystal refinery) pay more than the "whopping" 20k difference per chapter 4-5 iterations between special supplier and dwarren. It also pays earlier so you can squeeze even more investments a round earlier than the alternative. It is not a massive snowball but it more than makes up the difference.
1) the difference between the two supplier are 120K, so it's basically on yhilin bank return. and the run i'm talking pick yhilin bank the first chapter 4 iteration, so it's just one iteration, covered by the supplier difference.

Skipping Vinario doesn't affect a single critical variable (trin copies are never strained after chapter 2, can still have clean BoY without maxed Megail by sacrificing excess army size with different BoY decisions). It literally only loses a few Tak'kan and Ardoheim score points by not being able to give the deeds to Grubbak in the post 3AW conference, not enough to affect any of the checks presently in the game.
optimizing mean obtain more with the same resource or obtain the same with less resource.
because you don't achieve nothing more then that playthrough, but you need to sacrifice at least something literally mean it's less optimized.

Your dismissive and wrongly informed attitude is precisely the reason why I'm against a "ProN ceiling" tailored for the "community consensus" optimized run. You think you already figured out everything that can be done with routing and you think what it can reach is all the dev should bother rewarding, but it is still too early to say the game has been fully figured out and creativity can still find ways to achieve things you didn't know were possible. Not to say that I think the route I have attached should be more optimal than the current ones, I don't like the idea of whoring Qum, but the drawback there should never be "you made more money than the dev expected you to, so your greedy run is bad because there's nothing left to spend your money on".
you know i'm the one making the calculator? and working on it basically eat most of the free time i can dedicate to TLS.
this mean i'm out of this high end optimizing discussion.
but keeping only by fact you don't achieve more compared that run. so why i need to sacrifice a very good pin + vinario deed + all other thing you miss for literally gain nothing?

Even aside of the fact you're wrong about how greedy a player can be to make more ProN, my point is that I dislike the scenario where a player gets to the final investment round and has nothing worthwhile left to spend their money on. What if a player skipped some of the non-profitable investments that disappear at the end of chapter 4? The player can end up in the final round with over 500k ProN that they can't spend on anything but getting Sx.
try to play the game without having the calculator making an insane amount of calculation for you, with the perfet knowledge of the future with clear and specific math, taking in account choice encompassing a 150+ hours game. you probably will never be able to open the 5M ruins.
so mixing ultra min-max optimized playtrough and not optimal playthrough in the same phrase isn't totally honest.
the "there is nothing more to buy" can be achieved only with the highest return possible over the whole game. and convert pron in sx it's a very legit thing to do, usualy is a deprecated choice at the moment because you don't know future investment requirement, but if not more investement exist, the reason of not converting simply stop existing.

and in the end we are making this discussion with the assumption of no new investment appear. an assumption can be false if the dev will choose so.

Shadinx2

Apr 19, 2020
Doing the math by hand isn't very hard and I like it, but takes a little while(I also calculated around all my stats over the entire course of the game for every event/interaction). I get why people use the calculator, but it's definitely doable by hand. Also I don't really get why people are fighting so much over "the correct choice" in a game. You're anyway given multiple highly optimized paths with overall tradeoffs between min-max routes being small(at least until the current update, maybe a new one will introduce crazy Pron or stat requirements and people will focus on that). To give a perspective relative to Tosha's Playthrough(since that's what I'm presuming the community is using), I start round 6 with 172.5k less Pron, with 50k pron per round being unobtainable, this combined with 2 missed purchases from earlier rounds amounts to 902.5k pron missed from chapters 4 and 5(in my specific playthrough relative to Tosha's), not accounting for snowball. Accounting for snowball that would be 1200k to 2500k depending on how greedy I want to be regarding certain specific stat gains over chapters 4 and 5.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
1) the difference between the two supplier are 120K, so it's basically on yhilin bank return. and the run i'm talking pick yhilin bank the first chapter 4 iteration, so it's just one iteration, covered by the supplier difference.
Post 3aw return + first chapter 4 iteration return (before you can buy the Yhilin bank in chapter 4). That's an extra 300k ProN in the post-war, plus 150k at the start of chapter 4. It snowballs enough to mean more ProN than the supplier difference no matter what.
optimizing mean obtain more with the same resource or obtain the same with less resource.
because you don't achieve nothing more then that playthrough, but you need to sacrifice at least something literally mean it's less optimized.

you know i'm the one making the calculator? and working on it basically eat most of the free time i can dedicate to TLS.
this mean i'm out of this high end optimizing discussion.
but keeping only by fact you don't achieve more compared that run. so why i need to sacrifice a very good pin + vinario deed + all other thing you miss for literally gain nothing?
You are moving goal posts, the discussion wasn't about if that run was more optimized, but if it was greedier than the current optimized run you stand by, which it is, it makes more ProN by a significant margin.

I'm not saying it should be more optimal, but that it shouldn't be less optimal just because the game decided the world doesn't need anymore of your ProN. Ideally I think there should be some extra "inefficient" investments in the endgame that don't make up for the loss of the deeds + the other drawbacks, but still allow the player to spend the extra ProN they made into something that isn't meaningless.
try to play the game without having the calculator making an insane amount of calculation for you, with the perfet knowledge of the future with clear and specific math, taking in account choice encompassing a 150+ hours game. you probably will never be able to open the 5M ruins.
so mixing ultra min-max optimized playtrough and not optimal playthrough in the same phrase isn't totally honest.
the "there is nothing more to buy" can be achieved only with the highest return possible over the whole game. and convert pron in sx it's a very legit thing to do, usualy is a deprecated choice at the moment because you don't know future investment requirement, but if not more investement exist, the reason of not converting simply stop existing.
Having the calculator does not mean having to follow the one playthrough people agree as being "the optimal one", in fact the calculator encourages people into being able to create and plan their own playthroughs. That's part of the fun for some people.

I'm not arguing a blind player would realistically reach a point where they had nothing left to spend the ProN on, but that a player that did plot their own route leaning towards greedier choices could reach the final investment round and realize that there simply isn't anything left where they can spend their money on, which would be very disappointing. Converting ProN into Sx is fine for small leftover quantities, but for 500k+ values would almost feel like the game is mocking you for having more ProN than you can spend.
and in the end we are making this discussion with the assumption of no new investment appear. an assumption can be false if the dev will choose so.
With this I agree. I hope there will be more investments (even if they are inefficient ones), I dislike the idea of a "ProN ceiling" tailored for the current optimized runs for all the reasons I have mentioned (and I do say that it is tailored because if the current "consensus optimized run" had more money than the dev had investments available, you can bet that she would add more random investments to cater to this part of the community).

Last edited:

ixcez

Nov 26, 2018
Might be wrong on this but my personal guess is that Meg's personal quest will involve you getting a last round of ProN that will be used a bit like in the last part in the council where you could use the left over influence to gain boosts to different advantages.

For instance Meg's quest might have something like you get X ProN, that is most likely either a last income gain or something similar to 2nd petition house where you get 100% pron to invest but it's based on your total ProN income so maybe having a 5 mil ProN income = 100% 4.5 mil = 90% and so on down to a minimum of 10%, then you can do X things to get more and/or lower the ProN costs of the advantages and then you can invest your X ProN into Y/Z/A/B and so on advantage for instance using 500k ProN to increase the weapons/armor of your army which gives +5 army quality as an example. Again this is just my guess of how her quest will pretty much be a quest where your ProN income is tallied and then you can spend it to get bonuses for the last battle and perhaps what happens after it.

Last edited:

ixcez

Nov 26, 2018
TLS 0.69.2 Public Release

New update is public!
Download*:
Mirror*:
RTP:

*Requires to be installed. If you don't know what that means, use the RTP link.

Nothing is working and I am cross. -_- I managed to get the main two uploads done, but I can't promise when the Mediafire mirror or the Steam version will be updated.

EDIT: They should both be up now.

Current problems aside, the update itself should be solid! This one had two weeks of refinements, so everyone should have a good experience unless I bungled a bugfix at the end. With this, we wrap up a major loose end and a couple harem quests, bringing the quest much closer to the end.

Changelog for v 0.69.0
- New harem quest beginning in Theltiar.

- New plot quest beginning in a location revealed within this update.

- New harem quest beginning in base courtyard (contingent on the above plot quest).

- Penultimate harem member, the last before the secret optional member.

- Fully 12 (!) new sex scenes, two of them affection scenes.

- New illustrated scenes: Aka + Varia, Altina From Behind, Restoring Riala, Yarra + Qum + Nalili, and all 15 (!) of Lilith's Chaos scenes

Supossedly there was more content added in v.0.69.1 but no idea what it is most likely added more pictures for scenes but no clue, and no info on v0.69.2 except for " This one had two weeks of refinements, so everyone should have a good experience unless I bungled a bugfix at the end. With this, we wrap up a major loose end and a couple harem quests, bringing the quest much closer to the end. "

Reactions: Reij

hrhr

May 13, 2019
I was away from the game for a while and would like to check flags for past decisions I made (I had a file with a bunch of it registered and commented but lost it), is checking my save in an editor the only way? Trying to use saveeditonline.com it says variable names are stored at \data\System.rvdata2 but I have no data folder and don't remember if there was one in the past. I downloaded the RTP version so I suppose there's no missing files.

ixcez

Nov 26, 2018
I was away from the game for a while and would like to check flags for past decisions I made (I had a file with a bunch of it registered and commented but lost it), is checking my save in an editor the only way? Trying to use saveeditonline.com it says variable names are stored at \data\System.rvdata2 but I have no data folder and don't remember if there was one in the past. I downloaded the RTP version so I suppose there's no missing files.
If your using saveeditonline then you need to upload the System.rvdata2 file to see the names of the variables. Not sure if that's possible with TLS since the game, at least the version I use, seemingly has most game files compressed into a single file called game.rgss3a. Maybe someone else can answer this better but personally I use rpgmakersaveedit that you can download to your computer and then use to access saves.

You then just have to pick a save and you can check and change most things in the game. Though some variables are only made available after they appear in game. For instance you ProN won't appear as a variable before it appears in game, however all the switches far as I know is available from the get go to look at or change.

Included a quick pic to show how it looks and works.

Reactions: hrhr

hrhr

May 13, 2019
at least the version I use, seemingly has most game files compressed into a single file called game.rgss3a.
Yeah, I have the same file. Honestly I don't remember what I used to keep up with variables back then, saveeditonline was simply the first thing I tried. And there's so many variables to keep track of, my save has 100h, no way I can remember all of that from years ago.
Maybe someone else can answer this better but personally I use rpgmakersaveedit that you can download to your computer and then use to access saves.
Is it this one? https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-save-editors.51/

ixcez

Nov 26, 2018
Yeah, I have the same file. Honestly I don't remember what I used to keep up with variables back then, saveeditonline was simply the first thing I tried. And there's so many variables to keep track of, my save has 100h, no way I can remember all of that from years ago.

Is it this one? https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-save-editors.51/
Yeah think thats the one and yeah there are a little over 5000 switches and about 300 variables at the moment so hard to keep track of it all xD

Reactions: hrhr

Goi

Nov 18, 2017
The extra content was things like more scenes in one quest to give a better feel of time passing and other suggestions around things and an extra bonus to the first quest in the wilds

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
To clarify, NTR = cheating. There is no NTR or cheating in this game.

However, to be clear, two polygamous succubi (Yarra and Qum), with the approval of their lover (Simon), has sex with an orc or two in the best possible outcome of Yarra's route in chapter 2.

These few scenes contain NO rape, cheating, ntr, or anything along those lines. Its just that some gamers don't want their fictional characters having sex with other fictional characters that they don't approve of.

Try this game if you're into classic J-RPGs! This game is honestly god-tier; a lewd dragon quest. Reminds me of my childhood.
Anymore scenes like this or are all other scenes MC with women only??

ixcez

Nov 26, 2018
Anymore scenes like this or are all other scenes MC with women only??
Honestly there are quite a bit of scenes without the MC.

To list the scenes I have unlocked at the moment without the MC.

But in short there are more quite a few more scenes then the other guy mentioned. Mostly it's Yarra + Qum who sleep with other people for usually some kind of egde in deals or such. But Hilstara is bisexual and usually sleeps around a lot outside of the harem and the MC but only with women. Nalili also sleeps with one other woman outside of the harem but usually scenes not including the MC are usually scenes between the women in the harem or of other characters getting it on.

lostone2

Jul 1, 2017
Hello, i remember this game being mostly text based, is there a lots of pictures now?
All the scenes of the first two chapters are illustrated and more than 90% of the scenes in chapter 3 are as well. The scenes in chapters 4 &5 are mostly text only, but each update adds illustrations to 4-5 scenes.

4.50 star(s) 181 Votes