zh

Oct 17, 2017
you can use rpg save editor to see all hidden variables
I don't want to edit (I would consider that "cheating"). I just want to be able to see those variables. There are some characters relation points you can mess up very early... and you don't know (it can be as easy as forgetting to talk to some NPC at a very precise key moment (or you think you did but you didn't)...).

Calculator is kinda useful for that, true... but it's tedious to always check it after every action.

Goi

Nov 18, 2017
there is a link on the cheating page of the wiki and yeah there is no need to edit the save

the reason that is on of the best ways to edit is you don't need to load other files on that to see the variables with their names so it is very easy to see which ones are which(good for looking what there are for that save or for editing them depending what you want) and is somewhat less effort than the whole keeping the calculator and removes your error from clicking something you didn't do or you did thenyou reloaded

Reactions: zh

omniboi

Aug 26, 2023
Can anyone send all the recollections? I just got to chapter 4 and I want to take my time with it, I rushed the game till I got to robins first night but I started to really like the story and want to take my time. I still want to see all if robins scenes though.

Deepsea

Apr 20, 2017
Can anyone send all the recollections? I just got to chapter 4 and I want to take my time with it, I rushed the game till I got to robins first night but I started to really like the story and want to take my time. I still want to see all if robins scenes though.
Save 87 is start of chapter 4 save, Save 12 is current chapter 5 save with everything unlocked I think.

• Red Heart
Reactions: betatester

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Had no idea Sierra was writing a xianxia webnovel of all things. Honestly would have been super down for a xianxia RPG made by them (god damn that would be good). Still wondering what comes next after TLS considering it's in the relative endgame now.

weatherfree21

Apr 4, 2023
For anyone looking for a way to pass the time while we wait for the next update: there's a game I recently found that scratches precisely the same itch as TLS does.

https://f95zone.to/threads/noblesse-oblige-v0-8-6-8-lord-forte-games.176854/

The developer has to be a TLS fan, because it has a lot of similar features: companion scores, political and social variables, meaningful decisions, etc. The combat is different but honestly good on its own, more of a puzzle than a grind. And most importantly the writing is extremely similar. It's got all of the nuance and depth you could hope for. And there's already 25+ hours of content available.

The adult content is text only, just as TLS started out as, but I think if anyone can overlook that it'd be TLS fans. I can't recommend this strongly enough, for anyone interested in something just like TLS. Give it a try.

Last edited:

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
For anyone looking for a way to pass the time while we wait for the next update: there's a game I recently found that scratches *precisely* the same itch as TLS does.

https://f95zone.to/threads/noblesse-oblige-v0-8-6-8-lord-forte-games.176854/

The developer has to be a TLS fan, because it has a lot of similar features: companion scores, political and social variables, meaningful decisions, etc. The combat is different but honestly good on its own, more of a puzzle than a grind. And most importantly the writing is extremely similar. It's got all of the nuance and depth you could hope for. And there's already 25+ hours of content available.

The adult content is text only, just as TLS started out as, but I think if anyone can overlook that it'd be TLS fans. I can't recommend this strongly enough, for anyone interested in something just like TLS. Give it a try.
I'm actually playing it right now and was thinking of maybe mentioning it here after catching up. I agree that it seems pretty close in terms of overall structure and writing quality.

So far I think the most obvious difference in regards to sex is very little focus on those themes and a focus on a MFF relationship rather than a large Harem.

Combat wise it might actually be a step above. (which is saying somethng)

Reactions: weatherfree21

Goi

Nov 18, 2017
TLS 0.70.0 out for patrons will probably be out for free next week unless a large amount of bug fixes are found to be needed

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TheSwagDaddy

May 26, 2020
Hocus pocus now it's outus

TLS 0.70.0 Released

New build of TLS! Everything is rolling along smoothly except for the new version of Patreon's posting system being worse. But they changed the logo into a little lump, and that's what's important.

Link:
RPT:

TLS 0.70.0
- New harem quest beginning in the base main hall (after the Incubus War).
- New harem quest beginning in Sarai's Headquarters.
- The Mother's Guard quest is now accessible even if Theltiar is destroyed.
- Grynyth added to Uyae and Janine's harem quests (no mechanic impact).
- Also added to Yarra's harem quest (minimal combat impact).
- Also added to Altina's harem quest (dialogue and mechanical changes, but no ultimate balance change).
-Five new illustrated scenes: Crypt Handjob, Healing Dreams, Meeting Iris, Sending a Message, Trin 100 (missionary)

The heart of this update was tested a little while ago, it should be good. Maybe in an ideal world I would have given this another week to put more time into the combat, but I feel like I've been flogging my brain against it for too long anyway. There are some unique fights but I just don't have it in me to run through and test balance further. Some enemy could have a typo'd stat or some ability that doesn't work or something. Or worst of all, one of the battle events could have broken and the whole update is borked. -_-
I dunno, guys, I'm doing my best. In an ideal world I would take time off working intensely on something and come back to it to analyze fresh, but that's not compatible with a rapid release schedule. I am adrift in a creative fever dream and I have no idea how stable this update actually is, but I am pretty sure you guys will like all the character interactions.

Reactions: Ssato243

zh

Oct 17, 2017
Tormented Shield !!! WOW!

Seems very nice but... Who needs it?
I don't want to give it to somebody who tries to apply some status effects...

So I was thinking Nalili might need it? although the -25% SP/turn could be situationally problematic (as you might need to use Cleavage ASAP)... Does Nalili really need her magic stat? Is there a link that shows her techniques formula?

edit : am I the only one who struggles using Uyae in fights? She is so weak... Or is there a way to use her correctly? I only use her as an after-fight-healer now...

Last edited:

Goi

Nov 18, 2017

her wiki pages has it and has all the formulas for each combat member on there page

the Tormented sheild is considered one of the BIS slot for Nalili even more so when/if she gets the true princess but even before that is insane for her if you care can find a link to that document on the wiki right now on the equipment page
Uyae you either bulid as full raw damage or as full healer and she can be very good at either try and do both and she will suffer

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: zh

TheSwagDaddy

May 26, 2020
Also, if you like the game and can afford to, please consider supporting the dev.

Hocus pocus now it's outus

TLS 0.70.0 Released

New build of TLS! Everything is rolling along smoothly except for the new version of Patreon's posting system being worse. But they changed the logo into a little lump, and that's what's important.

Link: Mega
RPT: Mega

TLS 0.70.0
- New harem quest beginning in the base main hall (after the Incubus War).
- New harem quest beginning in Sarai's Headquarters.
- The Mother's Guard quest is now accessible even if Theltiar is destroyed.
- Grynyth added to Uyae and Janine's harem quests (no mechanic impact).
- Also added to Yarra's harem quest (minimal combat impact).
- Also added to Altina's harem quest (dialogue and mechanical changes, but no ultimate balance change).
-Five new illustrated scenes: Crypt Handjob, Healing Dreams, Meeting Iris, Sending a Message, Trin 100 (missionary)

The heart of this update was tested a little while ago, it should be good. Maybe in an ideal world I would have given this another week to put more time into the combat, but I feel like I've been flogging my brain against it for too long anyway. There are some unique fights but I just don't have it in me to run through and test balance further. Some enemy could have a typo'd stat or some ability that doesn't work or something. Or worst of all, one of the battle events could have broken and the whole update is borked. -_-
I dunno, guys, I'm doing my best. In an ideal world I would take time off working intensely on something and come back to it to analyze fresh, but that's not compatible with a rapid release schedule. I am adrift in a creative fever dream and I have no idea how stable this update actually is, but I am pretty sure you guys will like all the character interactions.

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
I feel like if a game NEEDS a walkthrough, its a subpar game. Not saying any of those games are bad or that this one is, hell i love it and support the Patreon, but personally if i need an external source to get a good ending, that it rubs me the wrong way. I would prefer if the game left hints are gave context clues as to what is a better outcome.
That s why their good cause you don't know what will happen and not predictable, plus I like the game that show my action actually change the world I keep two save one is a blind game with no walkthrough and the other is the with the walkthrough, well I lost the blind save game and bow only have the one with the walkthrough since I can't remember how I played it before,

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
Ehm I'm a bit confused here isn't all the games you listed very linear with only a set ending pretty much?

Chronos trigger - has a lot of endings but most of them are joke endings or early ending because you make a certain choice or actions at one point.

Radiant Historia - Sort of has multiple "endings" but they all boil down to the MC returning to a previous point after seeing what happens so the endings are not really endings but things the MC has to reach to see how things plays out to change the past so there really is only one "ending" I would say since the whole game is set on the whole see the future go back in time to change the future until you eventually can get the good and eventually true ending.

Dragon Quest - Is a bit of a mixed bag where multiple games don't have multiple endings and some of them have a few endings, though most that have more then one ending usually have an ending and a true ending, the true ending usually involves a final true boss that gives you an extended ending pretty much.

Rance quest - It does have multiple endings but from how I remember it the endings are mostly focused on what happens to the side characters while Rance usually get's summoned to a new game or something I believe or maybe thats the start of the new games xD.

Final Fantasy - This game has pretty much never ever had more then one ending except for a few of the games that has more then one ending, for instance FFV has one ending but it changes depending on how many characters are alive, FFX-2 has two endings and one of them get's extended with 100% completion, FFXV has one ending and a joke ending if you buy the dlc. Some others have some changes to some scenes during the endings like FFIX if you still have the hammer the ending theater scene uses the hammer instead of a sword. But overall FF has for pretty much all their games only ever had 1 ending though you can fight a bunch of optional bosses or get more powerful gear/abilities by doing certain things while playing for the most of them.

All in all pretty much all the games you listed are great RPG's but none of them or at least most of them don't need a walkthrough to reach the endings in most cases unless your looking for some hidden boss/item or something.

While TLS is an RPG I love a lot one of it's greatest downsides is that if you go into it blind and play it like most other RPG's chances are you'll eventually just hit a brick wall and have to restart a much earlier save or even restart your game.

To give an example traditional RPG's and all the games you listed far as I know allows you to just grind enemies endlessly for xp + money to eventually grind yourself through hard content. TLS on the other hand never tells you far as I know that xp is a limited resource and that a lot of the content and enemies will go away if you don't so chances are high you will eventually become severly underleveled if you didn't know.

The investment system with ProN is also kinda all over the place since you have no idea what to really invest in chances are high that many players for instance invests in the three merc groups since they get told were building an army so soldiers are needed right? But that's like one of the worst investments early on since the help they give is very minor, you can pretty much get a similar reward without them, they will drain your ProN even more since they cost ProN each round and then to top it all off if you get a lot of ProN early on Aka will recommend the player to go transfer it into Sx so that the player can get better gear. So the investment system early on is filled with trap investments and the player companion is even trying to hinder the player as well by giving bad advice.

Another thing that is also limited is just Sx and gear/items overall like early on you can do the rats quest and the game sort of warns you not to horde potions and such or you'll die. But the game at some point pretty much requires you to unequip certain members of your party at points or really horde items by running back and forth to heal/rest for free which again is pretty much impossible to know unless you've already played the game far beyond that point or use a walkthrough.

So TLS is really not a beginner friendly game and even for RPG veterans the game takes some time to get used to since it's pretty much set as a hardcore RPG game. So while I do like the game a lot it's not an easy game to get into and compared to the other games as listed I'm pretty sure you can get through all of them by again just grinding at points you get stuck while you might not be able to 100% them without a walkthrough because you missed some obscure action/item early on all of them let's you easily playthrough them and reach the ending without a walkthrough.
TLS is also pretty linear it follow s specific path that could not be change the only change being done with your choice is how the world will change for the better or worst and how difficult the next scenario will be base on your action, but in the end it will still be the same ending.

Reactions: Bob Jared
4.50 star(s) 180 Votes