Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
Tormented for nalili sp won't be a problem sometimes
Uyae is garbage version of Simon she's not good
1) only with the custom armor. otherwise she is crippled as any other character
2) no, she isn't. but you need to know how outfit and use her
Honestly I use Uyae for healing outside of battle for battle where she is required I pair her with either Vhalla, Varia or Aka. The one I'm still not getting a good grasp on power is Ginasta

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Honestly I use Uyae for healing outside of battle for battle where she is required I pair her with either Vhalla, Varia or Aka. The one I'm still not getting a good grasp on power is Ginasta
varia has two problem: her skills use hp, making her more killable, the good skills lack targeting.
uyae don't have any of the two.

ginasta is... boh? to late in the game to use her. and she lack the sheer number of skills the other had

zh

Oct 17, 2017
I'm not as far as you guys in the game (just finished a big dungeon and Simon just had sex with a skeleton who happens to be... allegedly... his wife... lol) but... where I'm at, it feels like Uyae is just a worse healer than any other healer (Qum and Carina) and a worse DPS than any other DPS. And if I really want a tank (rare) I just take Hilstara.

So why would I use her? I'm sorry but I still fail to see how to make use of her as efficiently as any other character :unsure:

edit: Maybe she will get better equipment later in the game but... I'm not there yet.

Last edited:

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I'm not as far as you guys in the game (just finished a big dungeon and Simon just had sex with a skeleton who happens to be... allegedly... his wife... lol) but... where I'm at, it feels like Uyae is just a worse healer than any other healer (Qum and Carina) and a worse DPS than any other DPS. And if I really want a tank (rare) I just take Hilstara.

So why would I use her? I'm sorry but I still fail to see how to make use of her as efficiently as any other character :unsure:

edit: Maybe she will get better equipment later in the game but... I'm not there yet.
she is a very good physical dps, but you need to outfit her for it. so double claws, etc...

she is the only [physical] character with both very good single target skill (takedown) and a good AoE skill (shockwave) and takedown you can actually target who you want hit, varia is an exeptional dps, but only when the battle in a couple of round remain a single strong enemy (or more enemy with the same relevance, and it's very rare situation)

it's not my party line but she can substitute without problem a dedicate healer bring on the table a impressive offense value. a thing both qum and carina lack (qum less, but not by much)

Reactions: zh

zh

Oct 17, 2017
I guess I will give her another chance in DPS mode. Continuously using these abilities requires a lot of mana tho.. That's another reason I didn't enjoy using her in long dungeons.

But I'm still not convinced about the "healer" mode. Both Qum and Carina can buff the whole team while healing. Uyae can't do that.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I guess I will give her another chance in DPS mode. Continuously using these abilities requires a lot of mana tho.. That's another reason I didn't enjoy using her in long dungeons.

But I'm still not convinced about the "healer" mode. Both Qum and Carina can buff the whole team while healing. Uyae can't do that.
carina offensive ability is zero. but zero-zero-zero. and with little exception her defensive buff is superflous (dead enemy don't do damage, so you don't need healing)

qum posses a offensive buff, and i like her a lot [she is in my baseline], but outside arousing aura and a sinergy with robin her offensive repertory is even lower compared carina.

simon with the glove in the off hand is a decent healer, when you can take the better glove in the givini ruins is a beast. his support skill became monstrous (healing even 50% of max hp) but even with te ancient glove his support ability is significative, and he can shoulder most of the healing duty against non boss groups [his ability to recover mana mean his mana managment is superflous] and uyae can help if you have a couple of bad rounds with a lot of dmg to heal. in all other situation uyae should go full assault. again. dead enemies cannot damage you.

Reactions: zh

zh

Oct 17, 2017
dead enemies cannot damage you.
Carina is not is my main team either tho she looks more like the "if you can't die you win" kind of character. The way to use Carina is clear.

But I understand the "kill stuff fast before you get killed" mindset using Uyae. A bit too risky for my taste tho (and mana expensive). I don't know the all the enemies and their weaknesses enough for that.
qum posses a offensive buff, and i like her a lot [she is in my baseline], but outside arousing aura and a sinergy with robin her offensive repertory is even lower compared carina.
Qum is also locked is my main team. My team is like DPS/AOE/Qum. Qum is locked in 95% of the time.

I also like to use Yarra. She is locked in 75% of the time (AOE spot)... except when too many enemies resist/immune against her kind of attacks or status effects. Yarra also unlocks Qum's possibility to do AOE damage while healing. I really like Yarra's synergies options. Most of all... not only Yarra doesn't use mana... she helps the team regenerate mana! This is invaluable in new unknown dungeons of unknown length with unknown number of enemies that you can't exit imo.

Last edited:

Tanurak

Apr 26, 2021
Pretty sure that you can actually count on your fingers the number of fights in the whole game so far that having Carina on your party plays against you...

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
I'm actually playing it right now and was thinking of maybe mentioning it here after catching up. I agree that it seems pretty close in terms of overall structure and writing quality.

So far I think the most obvious difference in regards to sex is very little focus on those themes and a focus on a MFF relationship rather than a large Harem.

Combat wise it might actually be a step above. (which is saying somethng)
I think it's actually vastly superior to tls combat in basically every way. The characters are more unique. There's more than 1 character who can do tanking. Every character us usefull. And you can actually focus on the battle ahead mostly instead of trying to preserve mana, etc.
Loosing a battle in tls often feels like I got bad rng. Because enemies happened to use the wrong skills or targeted the wrong unit in my lineup.
In NO it generally always like I made a mistake. I had one fight that I had to fight more than twice and that turned out to be because I was using one character wrong.

That's not to blast tls. It is pretty very well designed combat wise compared to other adult games.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Pretty sure that you can actually count on your fingers the number of fights in the whole game so far that having Carina on your party plays against you...
you mean the opposite, no?

I think it's actually vastly superior to tls combat in basically every way. The characters are more unique. There's more than 1 character who can do tanking. Every character us usefull. And you can actually focus on the battle ahead mostly instead of trying to preserve mana, etc.
Loosing a battle in tls often feels like I got bad rng. Because enemies happened to use the wrong skills or targeted the wrong unit in my lineup.
In NO it generally always like I made a mistake. I had one fight that I had to fight more than twice and that turned out to be because I was using one character wrong.

That's not to blast tls. It is pretty very well designed combat wise compared to other adult games.
never have mana problem in TLS.
and for "never" mean i usualy don't use any "full rest" option in the deep tower maze. and all the consumable (minus the special and orc potions) are sell to the merchant as soon i can.

there are few fights with to rng involved, yes, but they are few. most of the time boil down to having the right/best equipment.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
never have mana problem in TLS.
and for "never" mean i usualy don't use any "full rest" option in the deep tower maze. and all the consumable (minus the special and orc potions) are sell to the merchant as soon i can.

there are few fights with to rng involved, yes, but they are few. most of the time boil down to having the right/best equipment.
Ok. My point isn't that there's too much rng in tls. My point is that NO gives you vastly more options to manage rng in your favor, which makes combat feel better overall. Like I said tls isn't bad, it's just not as good.

Tanurak

Apr 26, 2021
you mean the opposite, no?
lmao no, believe or not, having to play extra seconds every fight because Carina gives no offensive support is not an argument against her viability.

I play this game with a really low dps team (Simon, Robin, Carina, Vhala) and kept her on it even after Gawnfall, Carina would be a liability if from that point on, I ended up constantly overwhelmed by monsters' damage because I cant get rid of them fast enough due to low DPS, but that doesn't happen.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Ok. My point isn't that there's too much rng in tls. My point is that NO gives you vastly more options to manage rng in your favor, which makes combat feel better overall. Like I said tls isn't bad, it's just not as good.
and the post give you the answer of your point. equipment. and know the weakness of the enemies.
most people (and me the first attempt) find the spider house a high difficult endavor, often quiting mid way.
well i usualy steamroll the whole house in one go, without even return in the inn to rest.

lmao no, believe or not, having to play extra seconds every fight because Carina gives no offensive support is not an argument against her viability.
but the extra resources it will cost you for all the extra turns is a valid argument.

I play this game with a really low dps team (Simon, Robin, Carina, Vhala) and kept her on it even after Gawnfall, Carina would be a liability if from that point on, I ended up constantly overwhelmed by monsters' damage because I cant get rid of them fast enough due to low DPS, but that doesn't happen.
the point isn't "i cannot complete the game", but the viability of the offensive strategy compared the defensive one.
the defensive one alwasy are viable. because if they aren't mean you need to win before the enemies take action. and usually happen for bad designe choice.

offensive is better because take you less time and use less resources.

usualy people need the extra defense carina bring because they don't buy anything. so the party stats are so low to need that extra. or you will be dead.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
and the post give you the answer of your point. equipment. and know the weakness of the enemies.
most people (and me the first attempt) find the spider house a high difficult endavor, often quiting mid way.
well i usualy steamroll the whole house in one go, without even return in the inn to rest.
'The combat works fine if you know what all the enemies weaknesses are going to be and prepare accordingly' is not an argument for tls combat being well designed.
If you like that sort of balancing, more power to you, but I prefer to have combat decided by my choices during combat, not by my choices before combat.

Tanurak

Apr 26, 2021
If you like that sort of balancing, more power to you, but I prefer to have combat decided by my choices during combat, not by my choices before combat.
That's not going to happen in this game, picking a party is a pre-combat decision, most players stick to one party they feel comfortable with until they eventually run into something that their party is not suited to fight against, because there are no combination of 4 characters that cover everything.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
That's not going to happen in this game, picking a party is a pre-combat decision, most players stick to one party they feel comfortable with until they eventually run into something that their party is not suited to fight against, because there are no combination of 4 characters that cover everything.
Yeah, I know. The games almost done. I have played through most of its content twice and am currently on my third.
Why are the people here so sensitive when all I said is that one aspect of it is better done in another game.

zh

Oct 17, 2017
'The combat works fine if you know what all the enemies weaknesses are going to be and prepare accordingly' is not an argument for tls combat being well designed.
A game you can finish all the way through with the SAME comp is... a bit lacking imo. The only character I never needed so far in TLS is Uyae.. but reading some people's responses on the last page made me change my mind about her usefulness (she went from completly useless to situationally usable.. lol). The fact that you need to think about your comp at every difficulty spike feels great imo.

edit : .. tho... some TLS's fights are occasionnaly very frustrating. Exemple : Orcent's chain fights where so many planets need to be aligned to get the best result. Other exemple : The orc group fighting in the pit with no healer...

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 180 Votes