Nobby

Nov 15, 2017
On the first meeting and voting, Annah was defeated and bitter. Sarai asks if you want to extend her an Oliver branch, does choosing any of the options have any effects later on day 2 voting process? or it was just to score a cool political comment. Thanks for reply. The guide is not up to date. RIP guide writers.
This update is pretty complicated so it could very well take more work than a much longer but more straightforward update for the wiki guys. Especially since things are likely to change with updates. They might just wait for that to happen before they actually continue with all this, but I don't know.

As to your question, it's something that happens if you win the excommunication vote by a large margin as an extra reward. The two choices are just options to gain RP with different characters. Specifically Iris like offering the olive branch and Orlise likes undermining Annah. Getting the choice at all gives you an RP bump with Carina and nets you some Sarai influence as well, whatever option you choose. None of them have any particular effect on Annah or much long term effect on the council.

Reactions: NightShadeX

Nobby

Nov 15, 2017
My goal is to have church unity and moderate reform. Is this route even possible?
When you say church unity what do you mean? Agreeing with Esmera for alternate unity? Because passing the idea for actual church centralization is a game over. That makes it pretty hard to do with any option that involves continuing to play the game. If you just mean not having Annah or the succubi break off from the church, then it's totally possible.

NightShadeX

May 11, 2017
When you say church unity what do you mean? Agreeing with Esmera for alternate unity? Because passing the idea for actual church centralization is a game over. That makes it pretty hard to do with any option that involves continuing to play the game. If you just mean not having Annah or the succubi break off from the church, then it's totally possible.
Sorry for I have not been cleared. I tried variation of choices to not have the succubi break off from church which nothing work so far. I have missed something.

Nobby

Nov 15, 2017
Sorry for I have not been cleared. I tried variation of choices to not have the succubi break off from church which nothing work so far. I have missed something.
As long as you pass the vote for light or moderate reform with at least 4 of the 7 high priestesses the succubi shouldn't break off. Which priestesses do you need help with?

NightShadeX

May 11, 2017
As long as you pass the vote for light or moderate reform with at least 4 of the 7 high priestesses the succubi shouldn't break off. Which priestesses do you need help with?
Keranni, Esmera and Nabith. How to balance each equally to not have the succubi break off (moderate reform)? accept Esmera plan or Karanni to get them on your side? where is the extreme reform though? This update is the most entertain of all update.

Edger

May 30, 2017
Is there any particular reason why Yelarel also has a hidden variable like the other priestesses? Is it even possible for her to gain entry or that only happens when she becomes the leader of the optional new religion?

Nobby

Nov 15, 2017
Keranni, Esmera and Nabith. How to balance each equally to not have the succubi break off (moderate reform)? accept Esmera plan or Karanni to get them on your side? where is the extreme reform though? This update is the most entertain of all update.
If you want moderate reform you can forget about Keranni. She'll never vote for it. Unless that's changed in one of the patches.

Nabith needs 5 influence to vote for moderate reform. Your starting influence is somewhere between 0 and 5 depending on your different decisions to support the church in Yhilin and the Ivalan faith in general. You can get up to 4 extra points of influence during the council events themselves (Technically you can get up to 8 extra points, but the other points can't be done without losing one of the other high priestesses). That means you need at least a 1 at the start to get her vote. (2 if haven't been talking to orcent a lot throughout the game).

You get +1 for arguing for "church unity" during the excommunications meeting.
You get +1 for appealing to Nabith during the last vote of day 2.
You get +1 just for choosing medium reform (+2 for light reform).
You can potentially get +1 for having orcent speak, depending on how well versed orcent is in religious issues (which depends on how many different places you've spoken with orcent in the past between bar visits and talking to him in base).
There's also a +3 for arguing hard for nabith's support, but doing so will anger Betricia and lose her vote.

Esmera will require you to agree to her deal on the first day and get 8 influence with her. Her starting influence depends mostly on how much you've helped Aram in the past and your economic strength, but you can also get 1 extra starting point for having a lot of control of Farnan earlier on. Starting influence ranges from -1 to 8. You'll get 2 extra points for keeping your deal with her. You can get up to 2 more points during the council. That means you need at least 4 points with her at the beginning to get her vote.

You get +1 for appealing to Esmera during the last vote of day 2.
You get +1 for having orcent speak. She's much easier to impress with orcent, and you don't need to have spoken to him as much.

All of these characters require you to talk to them before they cast their final vote to convince them to vote for the reform.

Edit: It looks like you can actually get Nabith's support for medium reform with only 3 influence if you can convince the succubus band to play for the council. You have to have convinced them to travel in the "House of Love" in Helvana (costs 100000 pron) and then talked to them in the guardhouse by the entrance to Ardford and convince them to come play at Gawnfall when you visit Ardford during the council.

Reactions: Prc and NightShadeX

NightShadeX

May 11, 2017
If you want moderate reform you can forget about Keranni. She'll never vote for it. Unless that's changed in one of the patches.

Nabith needs 5 influence to vote for moderate reform. Your starting influence is somewhere between 0 and 5 depending on your different decisions to support the church in Yhilin and the Ivalan faith in general. You can get up to 4 extra points of influence during the council events themselves (Technically you can get up to 8 extra points, but the other points can't be done without losing one of the other high priestesses). That means you need at least a 1 at the start to get her vote. (2 if haven't been talking to orcent a lot throughout the game).

You get +1 for arguing for "church unity" during the excommunications meeting.
You get +1 for appealing to Nabith during the last vote of day 2.
You get +1 just for choosing medium reform (+2 for light reform).
You can potentially get +1 for having orcent speak, depending on how well versed orcent is in religious issues (which depends on how many different places you've spoken with orcent in the past between bar visits and talking to him in base).
There's also a +3 for arguing hard for nabith's support, but doing so will anger Betricia and lose her vote.

Esmera will require you to agree to her deal on the first day and get 8 influence with her. Her starting influence depends mostly on how much you've helped Aram in the past and your economic strength, but you can also get 1 extra starting point for having a lot of control of Farnan earlier on. Starting influence ranges from -1 to 8. You'll get 2 extra points for keeping your deal with her. You can get up to 2 more points during the council. That means you need at least 4 points with her at the beginning to get her vote.

You get +1 for appealing to Esmera during the last vote of day 2.
You get +1 for having orcent speak. She's much easier to impress with orcent, and you don't need to have spoken to him as much.

All of these characters require you to talk to them before they cast their final vote to convince them to vote for the reform.

Edit: It looks like you can actually get Nabith's support for medium reform with only 3 influence if you can convince the succubus band to play for the council. You have to have convinced them to travel in the "House of Love" in Helvana (costs 100000 pron) and then talked to them in the guardhouse by the entrance to Ardford and convince them to come play at Gawnfall when you visit Ardford during the council.
Thanks mate ! How do you know so much? Does god speak to you?

Edger

May 30, 2017
I never knew researching purity would yield results for the Ivalan summit. Thank god I did that first before anything else.

Nobby

Nov 15, 2017
Thanks mate ! How do you know so much? Does god speak to you?
I own RPG maker VX Ace (the actual game maker, not the RTP) and I opened up the game and looked through the files themselves. Basically I just looked through every event with each of the relevant characters. It's possible there are some events I didn't look through that I thought were irrelevant that actually have an impact, but I doubt it.

I typically try not to do it, since Seirra released the game encrypted and decrypting it seems wrong, but this update was so damn complicated that I just decided to peek behind the proverbial curtain.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
The guide is not up to date. RIP guide writers.
The guide is up to date. It's always been the policy not to include stuff from new update until it became public due to rebalancing and other changes that Sierra tend to make between x.0 and public version...

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
I think it is only useful if you want to reform the church instead of making a new religion.
even without it I was still able to reform the church took 3 try I could get the reform for light or moderate but I'm still thinking if I should go for ligh and gain influence with Kera or I could go for moderate and make a deal with Esmera thats one of my dilemma.

Edger

May 30, 2017
even without it I was still able to reform the church took 3 try I could get the reform for light or moderate but I'm still thinking if I should go for ligh and gain influence with Kera or I could go for moderate and make a deal with Esmera thats one of my dilemma.
I meant you can only see this function after you reform the church with Riala proposing it. The new religion has it's own set of arguments of either the church of Ivala creating a new division or just let succubus make a whole new religion all together.

4.50 star(s) 186 Votes