4.70 star(s) 54 Votes

superboy4887

Jul 22, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name ('game/chapselect.rpy', 1677110175, 1) is defined twice, at game/Script/Engine/chapselect.rpy:1 and game/chapselect.rpy:1.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\New folder - Copy\thelewdesthouse-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\New folder - Copy\thelewdesthouse-pc\renpy\main.py", line 490, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "D:\New folder - Copy\thelewdesthouse-pc\renpy\script.py", line 297, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "D:\New folder - Copy\thelewdesthouse-pc\renpy\script.py", line 809, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "D:\New folder - Copy\thelewdesthouse-pc\renpy\script.py", line 487, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "D:\New folder - Copy\thelewdesthouse-pc\renpy\script.py", line 463, in check_name
raise ScriptError("Name %s is defined twice, at %s:%d and %s:%d." %
ScriptError: Name ('game/chapselect.rpy', 1677110175, 1) is defined twice, at game/Script/Engine/chapselect.rpy:1 and game/chapselect.rpy:1.
I ran into this error trying to start the game any fix?
I already delated and re downloaded.

DMFnsfw

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\New folder - Copy\thelewdesthouse-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\New folder - Copy\thelewdesthouse-pc\renpy\main.py", line 490, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "D:\New folder - Copy\thelewdesthouse-pc\renpy\script.py", line 297, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "D:\New folder - Copy\thelewdesthouse-pc\renpy\script.py", line 809, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "D:\New folder - Copy\thelewdesthouse-pc\renpy\script.py", line 487, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "D:\New folder - Copy\thelewdesthouse-pc\renpy\script.py", line 463, in check_name
raise ScriptError("Name %s is defined twice, at %s:%d and %s:%d." %
I ran into this error trying to start the game any fix?
I already delated and re downloaded.
It looks like you extracted the files inside the folder were an older version was installed, try removing the old version, and extracting the new one (y) :cool:

Reactions: CoffeeSaint

/htg/anon

Aug 12, 2017
It looks like you extracted the files inside the folder were an older version was installed, try removing the old version, and extracting the new one (y) :cool:
Hey DMF what is your preferred way to subscribe? I saw the patreon was down, and last I checked the subscribe star wasn't set up yet.

DMFnsfw

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
Hey DMF what is your preferred way to subscribe? I saw the patreon was down, and last I checked the subscribe star wasn't set up yet.
Pixiv FANBOX, but last time I checked, I couldn't add the link along the subscribestar one.
Here it is:

Reactions: /htg/anon

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
DMFnsfw
A few suggestions I have for the game (no pressure to take them).

Hotkeys:
How about including some hotkeys for the choice menu? Here is a code example (that I insert into this game (and most renpy games) to add hotkeys for myself). It doesn't have to be exactly this, but I prefer hitting number keys over clicking with the mouse.
Python:
screen choice(items):
    style_prefix "choice"
    $ choice_hotkey_text = ""

vbox:
        for n, i in enumerate(items, 1):
            if renpy.variant("pc"):
                $ choice_hotkey_text = str(n) + ") "
                key str(n) action i.action
            textbutton choice_hotkey_text + i.caption action i.action
Here is what it looks like in game:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Version Number on Folder:
When extracting the game files from the .zip, the folder is labeled as "thelewdesthouse-pc" without a version number, which (can) cause problems during updates if people are unzipping it into the same location as past versions. Suggest adding (or keeping) the version number to the folder inside the zip file. Renpy should automatically include it during the build step.

Default Variables:
While certainly not a requirement by an means, I noticed that in the "define.rpy" you aren't using default/define for most variable initialization (opting for $ instead). It does mean you are giving up some of the powers of both the renpy engine and Lint to help check the code for issues.

Minor issue in that changing how they are initialized will cause the current values in save files to be broken. But having dealt with issues related to defining variables this way myself (and having to change them later), it is an issue better fixed sooner if possible. Again, not game ending, but it was problematic for me (especially when dealing with replay).

does recommend using 'default' over most other initialization options:
It is highly recommended to default every variable in your game that is susceptible to change. If you use init python or define to declare a variable, when a player play a game and changes that variable, then goes back to the main menu and starts a new game, the variable will not have the value set in init python and so the former game will "leak" in the newly started one. If you create these variables in the start label instead, they will be missing when you load a save file that existed before.

No Character Names for Text-to-Speech:
Speaking of variables, consider adding "{noalt}" to character name definitions such as:
Python:
define l = Character(_("{noalt}Lincoln"), color="#e09b3f", who_bold=False, who_outlines=[ (2, "#000000") ], image="l")
If players are using text-to-speech ("v" key), this will prevent the character name from being read everytime.

Overall, still very much enjoying the game, and even if none of these suggestions make it in, looking forward to the next update whenever it's ready!

DMFnsfw

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
Woah, thanks a lot man!
I'm all in for accessibility, from language to photosensitivity, will take in mind the hotkeys for menus and the no names for text to speech thing, in special because there will be "long names" later (like "Lana & Lola" or "Mademoiselle Blackbird").

I didn't noticed that I could use the defaults to avoid problems with the replays. Too bad I didn't knew about this 2 days ago when I started rewriting the replay menu lol

1694916561864.png

EDIT: It even supports text tags omg, I will try with a different font or image for the numbers to differentiate them from the text easier.
Thanks again!

1694921434233.png

Last edited:

Hunkio

Mar 4, 2020
Wow the writing is surprisingly good. I am looking forward to the next update.
The Loud House Fandom has some amazing writers with some great stories, my favorite being "Family Matters" from Discretion Assured. My second Favorite being "What she'd been Missing" from Trillhouse. And my third Favorite being a tie between "The Shadow of his Heart" and "Without Sin: All Star Edition" both from Catspeaker who is writing for this Game. All great Stories, sadly all of them still open ended if i remember correctly. Only "Without Sin" still getting regular Updates, i hope Cat and Dogspeaker are doing better now. Would love to see a continuation of Shadow of his Heart someday but who knows, life goes on.

/htg/anon

Aug 12, 2017
The Loud House Fandom has some amazing writers with some great stories, my favorite being "Family Matters" from Discretion Assured. My second Favorite being "What she'd been Missing" from Trillhouse. And my third Favorite being a tie between "The Shadow of his Heart" and "Without Sin: All Star Edition" both from Catspeaker who is writing for this Game. All great Stories, sadly all of them still open ended if i remember correctly. Only "Without Sin" still getting regular Updates, i hope Cat and Dogspeaker are doing better now. Would love to see a continuation of Shadow of his Heart someday but who knows, life goes on.
I too love Without Sin and Shadow of His Heart. I think my favorite LH fic was "Living Loud" by Flagg1991, but its been years since the last update and I don't think it's coming back. Same thing goes for Back on Her Feet by Trillhouse, and Fashion, Turn to the Left by DoctorYNot (probably the best Leni fic I ever read). It's unfortunate.

Last edited:

Hunkio

Mar 4, 2020
I too love Without Sin and Shadow of His Heart. I think my favorite LH fic was "Living Loud" by Flagg1991, but its been years since the last update and I don't think it's coming back. Same thing goes for Back on Her Feet by Trillhouse, and Fashion, Turn to the Left by Doctor not (probably the best Leni fic I ever read). It's unfortunate.
I also wanted to mention Fashion (Turn to the left), DoctorYNot really just dropped one of the best Leni Fan Fics and just dipped. But for how great it was i just wish there was more. Just like with Make it wit Chu. And many others. Its really sad, but good on Catspeaker reviving Without Sin and even urging the Original Creator to continue. Perhaps we should do the same, oh who am i kidding. Far too lazy and unskilled as a writer for something like that.

Reactions: /htg/anon

Catspeaker 81

Mar 18, 2023
The Special Leni Chapter in "Shadow of His Heart" was basically a big love letter to "Fashion Turn to the Left" and "More than a Sister".

DoctoryNot, TrillHouse, and Flagg1991 were basically the guys who inspired me to get off my duff and start writing stories myself.

I'm super mega focused on trying to finish all the writing for chapter 2 of "The Lewdest House" when that's done I'll update at Least "Without Sin".

Just one Cat who wants to write a whole bunch of things, but has life responsibilities and other such nonsense. Thank you so much for the kind words though, it always warms my heart to know people enjoy my tawdry melodramatic romance/smut stories!

Xypher

May 1, 2017
I'm tempted to try this VN but I'm still waiting for Chapter 2 to be complete.

• Sad
Reactions: Hunkio

DMFnsfw

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
iconsmall.png
(Edit from 0.1.10 to 0.1.11)

Fixed stuff from 0.1.11:
Everything minus day of the week/time of day not being translated, no idea why, will rewrite that later...
- Added Lily sprites.
- Fixed Special Gallery.
- Fixed out of place text on Android.
- Fixed choice menus always showing on English since I added the hotkeys.
- Replaced Vanessa's old placeholder sprite left for its newer version.
- Similar for Taylor.
- Removed calling for inexistent Leni sprite after declining spending time with her in free roam.
- Defaulted some variables to make old save files "more compatible".

--- I HIGLY RECOMMEND to always install on a clean folder, and/or delete older versions first.
In the "Changelog" option on the main/pause menu, you will find a quick access to both the Newest Version of the game (no third party) and to a Troubleshooting page with possible fixes to common bugs!

--- (End of edit) ---

Changes since 0.1.7 (Public)
  • More story & art content.
  • New and better accessibility options.
  • Change size and position of the quick menu.
  • Gallery for chapter 1 is working.
  • Special gallery (1 pic for now) after completing chapter 1.
  • Fixed lots of crap.
  • Removed unnecessary stuff from the files.
  • Compressed all PNGs to WEBP (420 Mb ---> 300 Mb)
  • Fixed "cropped images" bug.
  • Improved colored text (Lucy + 1, Money + $15 and similar) to be more readable.
  • Improved some art, and completed various wips/placeholder images.
  • New sex scene for Lynn (anal + fingering/rimjob + spank her ass! option)

Changes since 0.1.9 (Supporter exclusive)
  • Gallery is working now! (Chapter 1 only, will add more on next update)
  • New "Special Gallery" unlocked after completing Chapter 1 (only has one pic for now) it will include, well, special images/unlocks
  • Placeholder stuff from Leni free roam (changing clothes) was replaced with final version.
  • Placeholder stuff from Luan free roam (baking pies) was replaced with final version.
  • Previously Cropped, unfinished stuff from Leni work scene is now finished
  • Placeholder sprites for Vanessa were replaced with final versions.
  • Probably more, I should keep track on what is and what is not in each version tho.

ACCESSIBILITY
  • Now you can change the size of the quick menu, (default on desktop is "Small", on mobile is "Big").
  • The position too! (Default is Right, now you can change it to Left) This is useful to play with only 1 hand, no matter if left or right.
  • Colored text during dialogs now have black outlines
  • You can change the size of all text, and the font too. Also, the "High Contrast text" is an option now too.

(All of these new options are experimental)
3.png

Thank you everyone for playing, giving opinions, rates, AND waiting!
Shoutout to Night Mirror for the code tips!

Last edited:

DMFnsfw

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
And btw, feel free to report any bugs, I will make a hotfix at night for some minor details left here and there

Reactions: vilewe7570
4.70 star(s) 54 Votes