4.70 star(s) 54 Votes

wadere

Jan 6, 2018
Games giving me the same feeling as Operation: N.O.V.E.L.
I look forwards to what more is too come.
actually, i found out about this game but i didn't know if i'd be into it. it is closer to being a wall of text like the bible with some nsfw scenes (like the bible still) or is it closer to an akabur type of game where there's text with those sex scenes?

RustyHorseman

Dec 4, 2019
actually, i found out about this game but i didn't know if i'd be into it. it is closer to being a wall of text like the bible with some nsfw scenes (like the bible still) or is it closer to an akabur type of game where there's text with those sex scenes?
Its less of a full blown H-game and more of a 17+ eechi character driven comedy (for as little difference that makes). What makes it standout is the stellar writing and characters. Infact it is the entire reason I put that sentence in my banner. There is some lewd scenes in there but they are not the thing holding the game up, just some treats in-between the hilarious banter.
TL;DR If you see reading as something you deal with in VNs then you won't enjoy it, but if you do like to read VNs then you are going to like it.

wadere

Jan 6, 2018
sounds great but sadly not something i could handle. apparently i loved reading when i was really young, then school thoroughly ruined it for me and now i genuinely can't read much without something getting in the way. it'd be nice to be able to enjoy more medias but sometimes i can bear with it, just not too often.
actually school fucked me up on writing as well, i'm seriously starting to wonder just how much that environement damaged me, i'm lowkey concerned. damn, i'm mad about the things i can't enjoy now haha

Catspeaker 81

Mar 18, 2023
DMF and I are both big fans of Operation N.O.V.E.L.

And while our game is certainly much more Lewd by comparison, we hope to match the quality in terms of writing, art, and presentation.

Or to put it in term of one of our Great Michigan Natives EMINEM, "Will Smith doesn't have to cuss to sell records, Well I Do."
"Operation N.O.V.E.L. doesn't have to have sex in it to get downloads.. Well WE DO."

DMFnsfw

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
This is one of the the most flattering opinions I have read of this game! <3
Operation N.O.V.E.L. was one of my biggest inspirations for this game, a standard of quality in both art and story.

sounds great but sadly not something i could handle. apparently i loved reading when i was really young, then school thoroughly ruined it for me and now i genuinely can't read much without something getting in the way. it'd be nice to be able to enjoy more medias but sometimes i can bear with it, just not too often.
actually school fucked me up on writing as well, i'm seriously starting to wonder just how much that environement damaged me, i'm lowkey concerned. damn, i'm mad about the things i can't enjoy now haha
I understand you, after highschool I couldn't even read long comics. Still, I recommend OP N.O.V.E.L. It was awesome to find the enjoyment of reading again. Still, it's not THAT wall of text, its more like a sitcom, with beautiful art and characters, and funny and wholesome story.

--------------------

Also, I just got internet at home and finally updated the roadmap on Trello.

Last edited:

wadere

Jan 6, 2018
and i have now 100% forgot what i was going to say because of this cute little "Also, I just got internet at home and finally updated the roadmap on Trello." and whatever i was cooking clearly wasn't as important as THAT. damn you dmf for finding my "shut up" button, better use that power wisely

• Haha
Reactions: DMFnsfw

wadere

Jan 6, 2018
Can someone recommend me games like this one and Operation N.O.V.E.L.?
katawa shoujo ;), just trust me bro, ain't nothing going on bro, i can personally guarantee the quality of that game bro, just try it bro

edit: no but seriously, try it.

Last edited:

RustyHorseman

Dec 4, 2019
A New Dawn
Olivine Lights
Unova Nights
JPDE: Sonata Of Fire (Long game, beware)
Mall Creep (Point and click, not a VN)
Blood River Saga

All have some good writing and art with the idea that you are the Normal Guy/Straight Man surrounded by a bunch of weirdos.

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
Does anyone know where I can find this Operation N.O.V.E.L. game, I was curious to play it, and is it already complete?

Klab040855

Mar 25, 2019
katawa shoujo ;), just trust me bro, ain't nothing going on bro, i can personally guarantee the quality of that game bro, just try it bro

edit: no but seriously, try it.
Already played it, great game.

A New Dawn
Olivine Lights
Unova Nights
JPDE: Sonata Of Fire (Long game, beware)
Mall Creep (Point and click, not a VN)
Blood River Saga

All have some good writing and art with the idea that you are the Normal Guy/Straight Man surrounded by a bunch of weirdos.
Thanks, if no one answered me here I was going to ask you because you seem to know a lot of great games.

Reactions: RustyHorseman

DMFnsfw

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
Does anyone know where I can find this Operation N.O.V.E.L. game, I was curious to play it, and is it already complete?
itch.io, I mostly search for games there.
Also, yeah, I know you an just google it, but just because this is a masterpiece, here is the link:

Reactions: affen123

wadere

Jan 6, 2018
itch.io, I mostly search for games there.
Also, yeah, I know you an just google it, but just because this is a masterpiece, here is the link:
you'll be happy to know i'v begun the process of passively motivating myself to try the game. it's not like i'm totally unknown to actual vn's but i burned out of that phase pretty quickly relatively speaking. if the characters are good enough by themselves to get and keep my attention it's great, if not then i'll have tried.

until then, i'll go back to playing atomic heart, honestly for little i'v played of it, really speaks to the loot goblin that took residence inside me (and still reffuses to pay rent the bastard!) with that nice loot system, it's pretty much pretty much a backpack, automatic vaulting of excess loot (infinite vault so far), at least 999 ressource limits and gathering said loot/ressources is no more complicated than pressing f and looking at the corpse or cabinet. why am i positively gushing over a random game system? isn't this super out of place? anything to distract myself from the first wall(ish) block of text i might read soon!

ps: if/when i play it, i expect to be part of the club. "what club" someones that's not me asks? i have no god damn idea but i'll be in!

ShinNavidad

Jan 20, 2022
Is there a save file, i want to appreciate the gallery before i start, if you get what i mean. Also, if such thing exists, can it work on android too?

Juice86

Jan 13, 2023
Rick and Morty - A way back home.

Play the Ren'Py version, the unity version has like open world sandbox which doesn't suit the game IMO.

It's basically as good as this game, but with way way way more content. Not to knock this dev. I hope he'll surpass it w/ content one day since the guy making R&M abandoned it. This game also has Lucy/Luna which are way cuter characters than anyone in Rick and Morty universe. So he has a source material advantage also :p

• Red Heart
Reactions: DMFnsfw

Mr.Z

Aug 8, 2018
Rick and Morty A Way Back Home - Was made by Ferdafs

Recently was abandoned by game creator (Ferdafs) . Apparently that's the truth , personally i heard it's just a rumor

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rick and Morty Another Way Home - Was renamed and ported to Ren'Py version by Night Mirror

Night Mirror is putting his/hers spin on the story and adding new scenes , and after Ferdafs abandoned his/hers version it's up to Night Mirror to continue the story to the end of the game , it will be sad if this version will be abandoned to

4.70 star(s) 54 Votes