2.50 star(s) 29 Votes

buff

May 29, 2017
There are sometimes delays with release dates. And not enough updates yearly according to what people prefer, so many get angry, even words like scammers are mentioned... which results in bad reviews.
- Fact is, its a small team of 2 people who have normal jobs on the side and this project is a hobby for them which bring in a small amount of $ on the side.
That is _part_ of it, but not the main thing. The biggest problem isn't so much the slow releases, it's the fact that they have consistently and massively overpromised and underdelivered. That's what makes it seem like they are trying to con patrons into sticking around for content they have no intent of delivering at the times promised. Source: I was a patron of this game for about 3 years and almost nothing they promised got delivered within a year of when it was promised, and the assurances often ran up to just a week or two before the release.

The game itself is much more complicated and have actually gameplay mechanics compared to tons of other games. Which make it a pretty good game. One could perhaps say there could be more lewd content... but that does increase with each update of cause.
That's fair. It really is a decent little game, although not a coomer fap-fest by any stretch. Ironically if the game was shit people wouldn't care nearly as much about being jerked around by the devs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hermenegild

DigitalFire

Aug 20, 2017
Russian or not, I doubt you can pay rent, pay food and live for 600-800$ a month after it have been taxed via patreon.
This amount of income via patreon is in the low-low end. Its only newly started developers who you will find have lower income then this.
Lets take Innocent Witches for example, who is also a Russian team, do they put out content equal to 25.000$ each month they get via patreon?
- Somehow I highly doubt it... so 600-800 a month is a fine amount and equal to the content they provide if I might say so myself.
Most people earn much less than what you would end up with after the cuts. If they would commit to the development, they could argue they deserve more, for the degree of commitment they have at the moment they earn a very decent amount imo, there are developers who do much more and not much better off, like the "Knight of Love" dev who has been around a long time and pumping out content consistently. I only played Innocent Witches once, it had promise and quality but they fucked up the sex scene quality and turned it into a sluggish game with too much text, on top of that they started a crappy "rework". So do they deserve the money they get? Hell no. There are MANY developers who don't really deserve the support they get, these days it's by far the Summertime Saga dev. Their existence however doesn't invalidate my points.

Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Most people earn much less than what you would end up with after the cuts. If they would commit to the development, they could argue they deserve more, for the degree of commitment they have at the moment they earn a very decent amount imo, there are developers who do much more and not much better off, like the "Knight of Love" dev who has been around a long time and pumping out content consistently. I only played Innocent Witches once, it had promise and quality but they fucked up the sex scene quality and turned it into a sluggish game with too much text, on top of that they started a crappy "rework". So do they deserve the money they get? Hell no. There are MANY developers who don't really deserve the support they get, these days it's by far the Summertime Saga dev. Their existence however doesn't invalidate my points.
I don't really know 'Knight of Love', but a quick google search and graphtreon.com reveals he have not been around "for that long period of time" not on patreon anyway, he have been around since 2020ish, that's a ok amount of time but not really a long time. That said he also makes over 1000$ per month, and like you said he should perhaps earn more, and sometimes an increase in $ just come slowly over time... which it also looks like is what is happening->
1.png
This clearly tells a story of a small developer making a game a fair amount of people like, and it also shows he is making more, slowly and steady, moving up in patreons and $ slowly.

And now to Latissa's patreon
2.png
This tell another story, one in which the team did have some momentum in the beginning, but its clearly dropping, and that's probably because of these other things we just talked about... people are not happy with update speed and delays / promises not being held.
- The team already knows this, and they wanna improve, but its up to them to change things around.

I only think we don't agree on how much money 600-800$ minus TAX/VAT(which is 23%) will provide you. Which in Latissa's situation makes it around 500$ to my calculations.

DigitalFire

Aug 20, 2017
I don't really know 'Knight of Love', but a quick google search and graphtreon.com reveals he have not been around "for that long period of time" not on patreon anyway, he have been around since 2020ish, that's a ok amount of time but not really a long time. That said he also makes over 1000$ per month, and like you said he should perhaps earn more, and sometimes an increase in $ just come slowly over time... which it also looks like is what is happening->
View attachment 2811951
This clearly tells a story of a small developer making a game a fair amount of people like, and it also shows he is making more, slowly and steady, moving up in patreons and $ slowly.

And now to Latissa's patreon
View attachment 2811955
This tell another story, one in which the team did have some momentum in the beginning, but its clearly dropping, and that's probably because of these other things we just talked about... people are not happy with update speed and delays / promises not being held.
- The team already knows this, and they wanna improve, but its up to them to change things around.

I only think we don't agree on how much money 600-800$ minus TAX/VAT(which is 23%) will provide you. Which in Latissa's situation makes it around 500$ to my calculations.
3 years IS a long time. Considering this whole "adult games on patreon" thing started around 2015 and really started to take off ~2017 and afterwards. It's not even about for how long you have been around, it's about how much time and effort you invest in a game. These figures are WAY more than what the "Premium Honolulu time" experience they provide deserves, 500$ for what? Sitting on your ass all day with zero obligation? That's a horrible thing? Consistent updates in 3 years will gather you more audience than whatever they have been doing since 2016, I don't recall them delivering what they promised and on time ONCE. I stopped caring about the game, now there are many out there, rather the state of this development keeps me entertained. Look at the date below, lol. It is not even possible to defend this shit with a sane mind.

This is the reason why I pirate the adult games. I remember that they said they were going to finish it last year then they added an intermediate version, then another intermediate version without really adding anything worth the time. Why the F do you add a new character to the game, if you're developing the game by baby steps already, just finish what you have. If a game developer says "Sorry" once, be cautious, if he says it twice, that means he's bored of the project and he's making up excuses to keep milking the project, probably won't ever complete it and I've seen it many times.

Reactions: Enzonimo

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
3 years IS a long time. Considering this whole "adult games on patreon" thing started around 2015 and really started to take off ~2017 and afterwards. It's not even about for how long you have been around, it's about how much time and effort you invest in a game. These figures are WAY more than what the "Premium Honolulu time" experience they provide deserves, 500$ for what? Sitting on your ass all day with zero obligation? That's a horrible thing? Consistent updates in 3 years will gather you more audience than whatever they have been doing since 2016, I don't recall them delivering what they promised and on time ONCE. I stopped caring about the game, now there are many out there, rather the state of this development keeps me entertained. Look at the date below, lol. It is not even possible to defend this shit with a sane mind.
3 years is just not a long time..... after 3 years and if you are still developing games you have only just earned trust that you are here for the long run as a developer.

500$ is literally nothing, the time it takes to draw art, create stories, make code, implement scenarios, make animations, do translations and so on and on and on takes a huge amount of time.
If I should turn it into $ per hour made here with normal salary, it would be around 50$ per hour you make, and if you divide that out on their income its 10 hours per month of work on the game, how much content would you say you can do in 10 hours? Literally nothing at all, and just like that we have arrived at how and why there is not more content and updates per year for this game - end of discussion.

DigitalFire

Aug 20, 2017
3 years is just not a long time..... after 3 years and if you are still developing games you have only just earned trust that you are here for the long run as a developer.

500$ is literally nothing, the time it takes to draw art, create stories, make code, implement scenarios, make animations, do translations and so on and on and on takes a huge amount of time.
If I should turn it into $ per hour made here with normal salary, it would be around 50$ per hour you make, and if you divide that out on their income its 10 hours per month of work on the game, how much content would you say you can do in 10 hours? Literally nothing at all, and just like that we have arrived at how and why there is not more content and updates per year for this game - end of discussion.
LOL, you got it backwards. You are not EMPLOYED when you ask for DONATIONS for your game project, you have to demonstrate that there will be progress to gather audience. It's not a "negotiation". "Money first, progress later" approach doesn't apply here, if it's not enough to the point that it's "illogical" to progress the game, then they should just quit, which is their right, however nothing justifies promising content, setting a date, delaying the date way too many times accumulating into YEARS for single version, just to put it out after 2-3 years with minimal content, not once but for most of the development time since it's first launch, nope, just no sound defence for this, sorry. Also 3 years of consistent progress is a solid mark where they should be hitting their potential for the case of Knight of Love, I know this because I was around. Some games have been completed in less time. ;)

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
4 me its a 4/5 (the development progress is very slow)

I like the game.
My view is, the game itself is 4 1/2 stars: could use some grind reduction, but otherwise it's fun to play. The development process, however, is 1 1/2 stars at most: the game did not move significantly forward during the last two to three years.

So, yes, overall it's three stars. That sounds about right.

deathscythehaseo

Nov 2, 2017
Hello there, I have question: how do I get Belle naked at night with the tentacle plant? i got liters of fluid but nothing else. Is it after 11pm?

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Hello there, I have question: how do I get Belle naked at night with the tentacle plant? i got liters of fluid but nothing else. Is it after 11pm?
You need to progress the story with the tentacle tree, keep doing whatever the quest says.
- Sometimes it also takes some time before(1 week) changes happens.
- Most important, you need to complete "bed skills quest 1" for Belle, else she will not do that much lewd things.

Last edited:

deathscythehaseo

Nov 2, 2017
You need to progress the story with the tentacle tree, keep doing whatever the quest says.
- Sometimes it also takes some time before(1 week) before changes happens.
- Most important, you need to complete "bed skills quest 1" for Belle, else she will not do that much lewd things.
Thanks! I waited a few days more before Gaston had the idea to go at night.

Reactions: Zellemate

ikaruga

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
The next (content) version LS 0.97.5.6 is planned to be released in February 2023. Gaston's return to the town is coming! ^__^ It will be quite soon, so stay in touch, guys.

• Haha
Reactions: S1cK

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
But... we are in 2023... February 2023 was 7 months ago. So, never?
They are (were) Russian. When SHTF with the invasion and every Russian male getting drafted, they hightailed it for someplace sunny with palm trees. They have been getting paperwork to stay and getting their home / office set up. The latest announcement which came out last month has been to add to the reading room storyline and redo the mechanics of getting new books for Belle to read. Have some filler art they just put out.

Reactions: Troll and Zellemate

Troll

Apr 22, 2017
They are (were) Russian. When SHTF with the invasion and every Russian male getting drafted, they hightailed it for someplace sunny with palm trees. They have been getting paperwork to stay and getting their home / office set up. The latest announcement which came out last month has been to add to the reading room storyline and redo the mechanics of getting new books for Belle to read. Have some filler art they just put out.
I'm proud of anyone smart enough to dodge the army ... :D F the military :D

2.50 star(s) 29 Votes