2.50 star(s) 29 Votes

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
atleast this isnt projectXzone, that game have been in develop for YEARS!! but...they dont have a patreon and the game is 100% free so i guess i cant complain much, btw hi i am new to this site
Greetings!

Truth be told, they do have Patreon accounts and the links are in the OP. That is why there is a Patreon code to be entered at the beginning of the game, but to get this code, you only need to donate $1. Otherwise, don't hold your breath for updates, you'll die.

Have fun exploring f95zone!

serd

May 10, 2017
is there any sex scene in this game? i meant, the main char with belle or the other char? sorry for my bad english.

Lynn

May 21, 2017
is there any sex scene in this game? i meant, the main char with belle or the other char? sorry for my bad english.
If I remember correctly there's actual sex involving the thief you meet at some point. Not the dude who's restrained on the plaza, the female thief. There are also a few scenes involving other side characters, like Peach or Ariel.
Concerning Belle, of course you can't fuck her. Why would you want that, are probably saying the people making this game. Any Belle related content is some mild ecchi/voyeur, and if you overdo those things, there are negative consequences. For instance, if you write on Belle's wall when you sneak in her room, there'll be a lock on the window the next day, preventing you from entering ever again.

Long story short, you're fucked in all the wrong ways.

Cyrel

Feb 26, 2018
I'm not sure but I think he's more or less working on the content by himself, last time I dropped by his pateon page he didn't have many patrons or that much cash coming in from it, I know he's been working on at least 1 other game "iris quest" and maybe another besides for helping others code their games. Some of the dev's over there have 10K+ patrons and boast 25K$ a month revenue and have terrible turn around, he was in the under 1k$ a month rev range and puts out 2-4 updates a year-but most of his updates are decent size and he tests the livin crap out of his games so you don't see to many glitches if any.

If you'd like to see the releases more or faster- why not drop a buck in his hat instead of just crying about why your free fix isn't being fulfilled fast enough. Just a thought, sure I drop in here and browse around but I do pop about 30 bucks a month to a few folks over at patreon (xaljio included) because I enjoy what they've done so far.

I don't look at it like "I'm payin so why aint I playin?", I'm more along the line of "I watched ya dance and here's a few bucks as thanks, think i'll enjoy the rest of my beer and you keep doin what your doin".

Lynn

May 21, 2017
so a few thoughts

Concerning this game, it's a collaborative effort, both patreon pages are in the OP. Xaljio is at 1.7k month, Latissa at 1k month. They don't get a free pass for working on more than one project at once, it's their decision and it is their responsability to handle everything. And that's the core of the problem here, the way they handle things. They suck at it.

Some of the dev's over there have 10K+ patrons and boast 25K$ a month revenue and have terrible turn around, he was in the under 1k$ a month rev range and puts out 2-4 updates a year-but most of his updates are decent size and he tests the livin crap out of his games so you don't see to many glitches if any.
So that probably concerns those other games, because as far as this one goes, it's kind of laughable. They update the game once a year if you're lucky, the update arrives several months later than originally planned, and it turns out it's about 1/3 of the promised size. It was specifically funny for this "0.92" update ; before it came out, the game had an incredible amount of "will be available at 0.92" stickers, and then when said update came out, it turned out that about half of those stickers were changed to "0.95". Maybe they hoped no one would notice?

If you'd like to see the releases more or faster- why not drop a buck in his hat instead of just crying about why your free fix isn't being fulfilled fast enough. Just a thought, sure I drop in here and browse around but I do pop about 30 bucks a month to a few folks over at patreon (xaljio included) because I enjoy what they've done so far.
I doubt that at this point, paying double (two patreon pages, remember) for a game that has been a land-Titanic for a while now is a good idea. First of all, I doubt the money would somehow fix their management issues, which is, again, their main problem. If they were a little more trustworthy, maybe people would feel a little safer investing in the project. This is no charity, no one has any obligation to throw a few bucks at someone because they created something. They're trying to sell something, and if they manage it wrong, they're not going to make much sales. Maybe it's working out with those other games, but here we're talking about Library Quest, and Library Quest is not a product worth paying several months in a row to get something that was much lesser than expected.
Second, I know of very-niche, underground fetish patreon pages ran by people all by themselves, with half or even less income than either of those two make, with a regular full-time job and so on, who manage to reward the people supporting them by actually giving them what they said they would give them, despite reaching a much smaller potential audience. Money is not always the issue, nor the solution. Right now, they don't have the trust of the people playing Library Quest, and that's their fault and their problem.

I don't look at it like "I'm payin so why aint I playin?", I'm more along the line of "I watched ya dance and here's a few bucks as thanks, think i'll enjoy the rest of my beer and you keep doin what your doin".
You do whatever you want with your money. If I had to throw a pity buck to anyone who's "dancing" in front of an audience, however small, then my arms would grow tired very quickly.

imnotoverhere

Jun 25, 2017
I supported this project ($5) for several months and each month the update got pushed back because of various excuses (health, major overhauls, new codebase... etc) but I thought this is a pretty fun game and the next update is supposed to have a ton of content so I want to support them. The next update came out and had 1 or 2 minor additions (no overhaul) and the changelog said that some of the changes they really wanted to add was getting pushed back because they were just so massive. I stopped supporting them after that.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I remember playing this late 2016, can any one explain to me why after a whole playthrough I only saw 1 new scene? Are their Patreons rich Ugandan drug lords that have no care about their money or something?

Malkav

May 28, 2017
I remember playing this late 2016, can any one explain to me why after a whole playthrough I only saw 1 new scene? Are their Patreons rich Ugandan drug lords that have no care about their money or something?
With my only experience in the field being watching season 1 of Ozark, patreon could probably be used to whitewash money.

digitall

May 25, 2017
Can anyone recommend a good parody game? I've been playing stuff like
Four Elements Trainer
Amity Park
Something Unlimited
Camp Pinewood
Rick And Morty - A Way Back Home [v1.2.6] [Ferdafs]
The Library Story [v0.92] [Xaljio], and
Ben X Slave Quest [v0.0.1a] [Kdot&Newman&Akanoes]

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Can anyone recommend a good parody game? I've been playing stuff like
Four Elements Trainer
Amity Park
Something Unlimited
Camp Pinewood
Rick And Morty - A Way Back Home [v1.2.6] [Ferdafs]
The Library Story [v0.92] [Xaljio], and
Ben X Slave Quest [v0.0.1a] [Kdot&Newman&Akanoes]
You can create a separate thread instead of spamming every thread. I was going to make suggestions, but instead you're ignored.

Reactions: PurplePatch

Bob9999

Jun 24, 2017
does anyone have a problem with start this game? After download i unpack this file and game don't want t start.

EDIT: Ok, now its working :)

Hoshi

Sep 25, 2017
How to i get the recipient for the potions though? i cant seem to find it anywhere, its the last ingredient i need for them

Ixiah

Aug 17, 2016
Agreed, the amount of Work for each Update should take about 1-2 Months and they maybe push out 2 updates per Year, i guess they get high and laugh at the People who pay them.

Reactions: GaRbS

Rubius

Jan 31, 2018
Agreed, the amount of Work for each Update should take about 1-2 Months and they maybe push out 2 updates per Year, i guess they get high and laugh at the People who pay them.
I agree, that's when people start to unsubscribe, that's when they will understand what to do faster and roll out updates at least once in 2 months, and so more like Oni with his project

Reactions: Jaymate
2.50 star(s) 29 Votes