Ren'Py The Library Story [v0.97.5.5] [Latissa & Xaljio]

2.50 star(s) 29 Votes

kleper666

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Every update has been disappointing with barely nothing new...*sigh* Too bad, I want more stuff like this...(probably the movie introduce me to bestiality? :unsure:)

Last edited:

madmit

Jun 4, 2017
Guys are amazing, I respect them much more than Acabur or Dark Silver!

December 20, 2019 - 'The Library Story' 0.95 release for patrons

January 4, 2020 - Public release

• Angry
Reactions: kleper666

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Guys are amazing, I respect them much more than Acabur or Dark Silver!

A jump from August straight to December in estimated release dates - now that's what I call a delay... Watch them breaking this timeframe as well. :D

Reactions: Racktor and madmit

Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
A jump from August straight to December in estimated release dates - now that's what I call a delay... Watch them breaking this timeframe as well. :D
Almost a whole year from 0.94 to 0.95 :[ uff, love these guys but that is simply to long time between releases.

Reactions: Oniblonde

Oniblonde

Jun 5, 2017
Almost a whole year from 0.94 to 0.95 :[ uff, love these guys but that is simply to long time between releases.
my prediction is - late Feb. 2020 for 0.95 due to some delays, maybe march to be realistic and jan 2022 for patch after that. I was a patron for 2 months before i changed my mind. This kind of schedule should merit a pause of payments until release or a passive tier at-least ($ without releases needed).

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
my prediction is - late Feb. 2020 for 0.95 due to some delays, maybe march to be realistic and jan 2022 for patch after that. I was a patron for 2 months before i changed my mind. This kind of schedule should merit a pause of payments until release or a passive tier at-least ($ without releases needed).
Agree, but then I think the project will stop completely if they don't get monthly income.
However normally they do release within their own timeframe, but hey again its so long since last releases I forgot if they have delayed before :D

Oniblonde

Jun 5, 2017
Agree, but then I think the project will stop completely if they don't get monthly income.
I dosent take much to keep people happy - 1 small scene (2-3 frames) or an outfit a month. Better than nothing. Then keep working on "major mechanic overhauls" meanwhile in the background.

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
I dosent take much to keep people happy - 1 small scene (2-3 frames) or an outfit a month. Better than nothing. Then keep working on "major mechanic overhauls" meanwhile in the background.
Completely agree, they have been teasing different outfits for belle for years now .. and we are not even there.
I simply think their plan is not even to do what you suggest..... would be great however if that happened.

moszter

Jan 31, 2019
The Library Story v0.94b

WIN:
MAC:

Briefly about the upcoming version:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

horatz

Aug 20, 2017
Guys, I saw recent "debate" where one side is strongly criticizing creators and the other side is defending them. As I was following the development of this promising project, so here are my two cents.
Graphic of this very decent with Disneyish vibe. Mechanics was fine for an amateur project. Creators had big plans producing even bigger promises and I am sure they wanted to deliver every single one of them, but that is where our fairytale ends.
If this project is still a pet project to goof around with, no one would have the right to say one-word of a critic. But when You limiting access to Your project by different tiers of a paywall at Patreon You creating business-customer relationship.
Then You should even revert back to amateur status or improve Your business and its services and expand. That's normal lifecycle. Many of us like the idea, story, DAHR's art and supported them for quite a long time.
Then creators decided to go full pro and pull out move that looked like straight from the EA playbook. Limiting critical parts of the game (parts of personality of the character) to a higher tier of paying customers.
Like any business that wants to be successful, they should have implemented lean project management and grow through a cycle of iteration and incrementation.
Well, they decided to implement a different pattern. Overpromise and underdeliver. Setting up a goal then missed release date make a poll as a distraction, followed by random art picture and statement excusing gross mismanagement and delay.
I am still hopeful for the project. I also understand that creators are artistic types, but they must find the will implement some fairly basic changes if they don't want to lose what is left of their support from our overwhelmingly supportive community.
If any of LS creators reading this, just remember: You can always reach people here and ask for advice or help and Trello is free.

Jul 22, 2017
Guys, I saw recent "debate" where one side is strongly criticizing creators and the other side is defending them. As I was following the development of this promising project, so here are my two cents.
Graphic of this very decent with Disneyish vibe. Mechanics was fine for an amateur project. Creators had big plans producing even bigger promises and I am sure they wanted to deliver every single one of them, but that is where our fairy tale ends.
If this project is still a pet project to goof around with, no one would have the right to say one-word of a critic. But when You limiting access to Your project by different tiers of a paywall at Patreon You creating business-customer relationship.
Then You should even revert back to amateur status or improve Your business and its services and expand. That's normal life cycle. Many of us like the idea, story, DAHR's art and supported them for quite a long time.
Then creators decided to go full pro and pull out move that looked like straight from the EA playbook. Limiting critical parts of the game (parts of personality of the character) to a higher tier of paying customers.
Like any business that wants to be successful, they should have implemented lean project management and grow through a cycle of iteration and incrementation.
Well, they decided to implement a different pattern. Over promise and under deliver. Setting up a goal then missed release date make a poll as a distraction, followed by random art picture and statement excusing gross mismanagement and delay.
I am still hopeful for the project. I also understand that creators are artistic types, but they must find the will implement some fairly basic changes if they don't want to lose what is left of their support from our overwhelmingly supportive community.
If any of LS creators reading this, just remember: You can always reach people here and ask for advice or help and Trello is free.
I have to agree here which is why if you look at a lot of the big money people who has a lot f people paying them don't have a pay wall I noticed. All there content is free and they use patreon as more of a tip jar. So they don't have to do a distraction they don't do any of the things normal businesses do which is why they keep there patreons longer making more money

Reactions: horatz

TrueNemesis

Oct 26, 2017
They posted this:

Hello friends!

We've done a lot of preparatory and basic work on LS this month and finally we can tell you the exact release date for 'The Library Story' 0.95. As we've already said, this will be a really big version, where, in addition to a bunch of new content, existing game mechanics will be rethought. There is supposed to be many changes - from the concept of hunting and combat system to storylines and quests. Most importantly, it will be the basis for the upcoming 1.0 version of the game. We’ll finally put in order all the content that's already implemented in the game and add more.

So... Go straight to the point:

We plan to finish the main work on the game by mid-November, and spend the rest of the time on testing and fixing. This time it will be necessary to test the whole game from start to finish, so it will be hot days (which is not so bad, given our weather in autumn:)).

In general 'The Library Story' 0.95 is a major milestone in the history of our game. We really want to do it as good as we can. So if you like our story and its characters, and you want to see the continuation - wait a little more, friends. LS 0.95 will be the beginning of the finish line to version 1.0, so we just can't release it unfinished. Thank you for understanding!

And, of course, great thanks for your support! We'll try our best to ensure that the result of this long work on 0.95 doesn't disappoint you, guys.

And now we will do a little magic trick: use the Ball of Predictions (the one from the magic laboratory - and yes, at 0.95 it will play an important role, finally). Hmm... We see... We see questions! And immediately we will give answers to them.

So, attention, a special predictive FAQ!

Q: Hey, you spent a hell of a lot of time on this version. What the heck?

A: You are absolutely right, mate. We've really spent on 0.95 tons of time. It happened because we've done did (and still doing before the release) a huge amount of work. This is a very important version for our game, so we took extra time. After all, we must make sure that we will do LS 0.95 as good as we can and... Stop. It seems we've already said that? And also, of course, our life affects the timing as well, but this is less interesting.

Q: And what, after 0.95 we will have to wait the same until the next version?

A: Absolutely not. We definitely will no longer get involved in such large-scale remaking of what has already been done.

After 0.95, we plan to release a series of medium-sized updates in 2020 that's supposed to consist of 90% new content. No alteration of game mechanics or adding new ones. Only new quests, events and plot development. It would be foolish to point a kind of deadlines for these post-0.95 updates now. But they will certainly take much less time.

Q: When will Gaston fuck Belle, and then he has... [here is a whole list of quotes from the Kama Sutra]?!

A: No spoilers. But at 0.95 the plot will be greatly developed. And since the plot is tied to the relationship between Belle and Gaston, then... In general, our answer is "Yes." ^__^

Q: You used to talk about some vacancies ...

A: Closer to the release, we will need proofreaders who're interested in rereading English texts and knowing before anyone what will happen at 0.95. So if English is your native language, you love to read and you are interested in such an opportunity - write to us in the PM.

We will also need beta-testers... many beta-testers! But we will write about this in due time.

And finally, if you suddenly speak Russian and English equally well and would like to participate in the creation of 'The Library Story'... Well, you know - write us to the PM or at xallat8@yandex.ru! And yes, we cheated a little, we did not see this question in a magic ball, but added it ourselves. :D

afish-0-95.png

jeffpi04

May 28, 2019
i have question.what should i do after i lick Emma's pussy and she start interrupt all the meet?

2.50 star(s) 29 Votes