Ren'Py The Library Story [v0.97.5.5] [Latissa & Xaljio]

2.50 star(s) 29 Votes

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
I hope for their sake they make their release date, given it's almost a year to the day of when 0.94 dropped, and it's everything promised. Since they announced the release date they have talked about some of the new content in form of new characters with a silhouette photo showing 5 characters so it suggests there is a fair amount to look forward to. Also notice in the announcement picture it shows a combat party of 4 people including Belle and what looks like a magic based attacks suggesting some big additions to the combat system.

Budokai

Jul 16, 2017
Hi,I am on android version and the mermaid scene at the lake is bugged, always triggers when going to the lake but I can't complete because it crashes everytime... Help?

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
It's been nearly a year now, and we're still on 0.94. What the actual fuck?

Lynn Your phrasing sounds a little weird. You can click on any of the stars.

Reactions: Mokoshakar

Daenerys5539

Aug 17, 2016
Any detailed quest guide? What choices lead to what when talking to Emma (eg. sunrise, midnight or main square) for example.

Scotty1212

Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Because Latissa is the main artist, and Xaljio is a programmer and also works on Iris quest, the game development is so slow...
I am waiting for this one, actually they listen to some feedback (including mine , hehe, i like tentacle treet :p ))
So hopefully for Christmas theer rwill be a patreon version.

Reactions: Oniblonde

Oniblonde

Jun 5, 2017
Because Latissa is the main artist, and Xaljio is a programmer and also works on Iris quest, the game development is so slow...
I am waiting for this one, actually they listen to some feedback (including mine , hehe, i like tentacle treet :p ))
So hopefully for Christmas theer rwill be a patreon version.
I admire your optimism and the game is good but...
I predict a delay due to holidays or something and a small Christmas update instead.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Scotty1212

Kylar Stern

Jul 29, 2017
Hi there! I do proofreading for this project. Just to let you know that there is progress going on here! As far as I know translation is taking it's time, and the coding is progressing. I am mainly only in touch with Xaljio, so I can't say much about Latissa and the art. Again, all is well and progress is being made. (and based on the writings, many good things are coming) :)

azerty789

May 10, 2017
I admire your optimism and the game is good but...
I predict a delay due to holidays or something and a small Christmas update instead.
Don't forget that Xaljio and Dahr are also aiming for an IQ release for New year's Eve. I don't see how it could be possible to release 2 updates for different games in less than 11 days when you already struggle to stick to your deadline planned 6 months ago... And that is without talking about the usual "honolulu excuse".
Last year, they waited the previois day of the release to say "Dudes, sorry but we're one month late on the schedule..."; and even this became a two-month waiting.

I really don't like complaining about "free" stuff, but as a former patreon of both Xaljio and Latissa I can't stand for their constant lack of honesty in communication. I can understand that it's not a fulltime job form them and that the workflow can be affected by real life, but what's the point to wait the very last second to announce such a big delay. They already knew for long that they were way behind the schedule at this point...

I really do hope they will improve on that point.

Reactions: Oniblonde

Lurms

Aug 7, 2017
I'm not even surprised honestly. When I discovered this games years ago, i got really excited but quickly discovered that it is best to just to forget about it and let time pass on it's own. These devs, even though they are just two, have such a ridiculously long development schedule, and they have a very loose relationship with release dates. Why anyone is still a patron is beyond me, since they can only seem to provide lofty goals and empty promises.

Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Very hard for anybody to support this kind of development(patreon myself).
Their last patch was Jan/feb 2019.... so they cannot even hold up a 1 year release schedule for 1 patch ?
And on the same day the new patch are gonna drop they postpone 1-2 months?
What the actual hell ...

2.50 star(s) 29 Votes