2.50 star(s) 29 Votes

DigitalFire

Aug 20, 2017
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

We really see through what these guys will come up with from months away.

"What can be said for sure is that if some quests isn't translated or mechanics isn't not finished until the 19 of February, then we will simply remove this part of content from 0.95 and move it to the next version."

That's some next level BS right there. I bet they didn't have any worthwhile content in the first place despite delaying the game and coming up with crappy small updates for years now. Now, they blame the translation, ok, release the russian version then?

Even people who just abandon projects out of nowhere are better than these guys. They'll just keep coming up with a whole bunch of different excuses for their own incompetence and keep milking the game.

Bringing up that "we're just 2 people" BS is mindblowing, like every adult game on patreon which was ever successful had a whole studio working behind them. No, there's only 1 or 2 people working on it for most of them and all of them have better features and content than your game, cut the BS, please. It's clear that you take your patrons for morons by coming up with this crap.

Lynn

May 21, 2017
If I wasn't so lazy I'd look up when the "0.95" was first announced. It's going to be, like, 2 years soon?
Achievement unlocked.

Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
If I wasn't so lazy I'd look up when the "0.95" was first announced. It's going to be, like, 2 years soon?
Achievement unlocked.
Checked quickly for fun, it goes back to December 2017 so far i can see, where its mentioned as the "next version".
Also several mechanics that have been teased also from 2017 / start of 2018, have never been introduced yet. Like sex shop, and extra mechanics for the dog to rip Belle's clothes off, and dog mechanic for sniffing out stuff in the woods and several other things..
Just sad face :(
As a side note, I do see her pledges have also fallen from 800 last I checked to 664 now, last year they were around 1000.
Guess that just match the amount of content produced :confused:

HypnoFan1950

Jul 26, 2018
This is getting pretty fucking ridiculous. I'm pretty forgiving of delays, but holy shit...
It's not even just that they're delaying this much, it's also that there's no way they didn't see this coming.
Why did they only tell us ON the day it was supposed to be released? If they need two additional months to complete the translation, then it's obvious that they'd made zero progress on it since announcing the update (And it's very likely that they're leaving other important details out intentionally, I would imagine).

It's actually unbelievable how bad they are at running their project, and I genuinely wonder what's going through their heads with shit like this. They desperately need to get better at providing their patrons with honest communication... At the very fucking least.

Oniblonde

Jun 5, 2017
I'm curious. Are people in the Western world so prone to fraudulently?
Absolutely - take a look at this asshole
almost 2 years of nothing now - and still keeps those poor few schlubs that forgot they have an active Patreaon sub on the hook - slowly milking them - drop by undeserved pledge drop.

xalijio - same shit

take a look at this update exurb
So... Go straight to the point:

December 20, 2019 - 'The Library Story' 0.95 release for patrons

January 4, 2020 - Public release

We plan to finish the main work on the game by mid-November, and spend the rest of the time on testing and fixing. This time it will be necessary to test the whole game from start to finish, so it will be hot days (which is not so bad, given our weather in autumn:)).

In general 'The Library Story' 0.95 is a major milestone in the history of our game. We really want to do it as good as we can. So if you like our story and its characters, and you want to see the continuation - wait a little more, friends. LS 0.95 will be the beginning of the finish line to version 1.0, so we just can't release it unfinished. Thank you for understanding!

And, of course, great thanks for your support! We'll try our best to ensure that the result of this long work on 0.95 doesn't disappoint you, guys.

And now we will do a little magic trick: use the Ball of Predictions (the one from the magic laboratory - and yes, at 0.95 it will play an important role, finally). Hmm... We see... We see questions! And immediately we will give answers to them.

So, attention, a special predictive FAQ!

Q: Hey, you spent a hell of a lot of time on this version. What the heck?

A: You are absolutely right, mate.

Liar, charlatan - there is no proof of what was done with the money pledged to him for the past 8 months. There is no accountability.

Last edited:

Oniblonde

Jun 5, 2017
This is getting pretty fucking ridiculous. I'm pretty forgiving of delays, but holy shit...
It's not even just that they're delaying this much, it's also that there's no way they didn't see this coming.
Why did they only tell us ON the day it was supposed to be released? If they need two additional months to complete the translation, then it's obvious that they'd made zero progress on it since announcing the update (And it's very likely that they're leaving other important details out intentionally, I would imagine).

It's actually unbelievable how bad they are at running their project, and I genuinely wonder what's going through their heads with shit like this. They desperately need to get better at providing their patrons with honest communication... At the very fucking least.
There needs to be a Deliver payment on product update or some kind of option like that
Then Roguelike's Oni would buy and sell Bezos

Kylar Stern

Jul 29, 2017
Hi everyone! Library story Proofreader here (again), and oh boy....

First let me start off by reminding some of you complainers of "Western game making culture", that these guys are based out of Russia (why else would they need English translators?).

Now let's look at the team. Latissa is the only artist, Xaljio is the only coder, and they both write the story together. This causes them to focus primarily on these three tasks because they are (obviously) the most important. Translation would undeniably take a back seat because without the art, code, and script a translator is useless.

Now you might be saying "Oh but translation is so easy!". You are wrong. Why can I say this? Because I'm the guy that rates the translations. At the time of this post I have read through 14 different "test translations" to determine who the better translator is. The majority are passing at best to any native English speaker, there are a few that give me nightmares, and only 2 have actually passed muster. Why? Because the key to translation is not the actual translation, but the interpretation of the translation.

Think of it this way. You have three books, each in a different language (english, german, and Italian we'll say). For a simple sentence of "Let's go now" in English, the direct German translation is "Go we now", and an Italian translation would say "now we go". This is a common occurrence in translation, and this is why interpretation is important. We have not even scratched the surface of words that do not translate, words that translate to archaic synonyms, and the fact that any Cyrillic language is difficult to many purely because of it's structure (like how many English speakers find Latin based languages like Spanish and Italian difficult because every object has a gender that changes depending on who you talk to).

TL;DR 2 people full time, 6 jobs. 2 of these jobs are not skills of the full-timers. Others must be found, but they must be vetted plus their jobs come at the end. Plus deadline approaches, need the meat and bones before the wrapping.

I'm not even gonna comment on those of you that are patreon complainers.....

Mr.Qaywesdxc

Aug 5, 2016
To put it in one sentence. Announcing delay on the day of release is disgrace (which we haven't seen for the first time). The end, move on to next scammer.

Reactions: DigitalFire

Lynn

May 21, 2017
Now you might be saying "Oh but translation is so easy!".
No.

TL;DR 2 people full time, 6 jobs. 2 of these jobs are not skills of the full-timers.
It takes about five minutes to write a message on an internet platform.
I appreciate the effort, and I'm sure many others will aswell, but you're missing the point. Every single time there is a planned release, there is some magical failure that puts months of delay for that very release. If Patreon wasn't based on monthly contributions, maybe you could have doubts and not see the pattern here.

HypnoFan1950

Jul 26, 2018
Hi everyone! Library story Proofreader here (again), and oh boy....

First let me start off by reminding some of you complainers of "Western game making culture", that these guys are based out of Russia (why else would they need English translators?).

Now let's look at the team. Latissa is the only artist, Xaljio is the only coder, and they both write the story together. This causes them to focus primarily on these three tasks because they are (obviously) the most important. Translation would undeniably take a back seat because without the art, code, and script a translator is useless.

Now you might be saying "Oh but translation is so easy!". You are wrong. Why can I say this? Because I'm the guy that rates the translations. At the time of this post I have read through 14 different "test translations" to determine who the better translator is. The majority are passing at best to any native English speaker, there are a few that give me nightmares, and only 2 have actually passed muster. Why? Because the key to translation is not the actual translation, but the interpretation of the translation.

Think of it this way. You have three books, each in a different language (english, german, and Italian we'll say). For a simple sentence of "Let's go now" in English, the direct German translation is "Go we now", and an Italian translation would say "now we go". This is a common occurrence in translation, and this is why interpretation is important. We have not even scratched the surface of words that do not translate, words that translate to archaic synonyms, and the fact that any Cyrillic language is difficult to many purely because of it's structure (like how many English speakers find Latin based languages like Spanish and Italian difficult because every object has a gender that changes depending on who you talk to).

TL;DR 2 people full time, 6 jobs. 2 of these jobs are not skills of the full-timers. Others must be found, but they must be vetted plus their jobs come at the end. Plus deadline approaches, need the meat and bones before the wrapping.

I'm not even gonna comment on those of you that are patreon complainers.....
Nobody is arguing that translation is easy... If you read my comment, my main argument was that there's no way they didn't see this coming. And if they truly DIDN'T see this coming at all, then they're simply terrible at managing their project. Objectively.

I'm not going to sit here and claim that they're intentionally scamming their patrons, since I have no idea what's actually going through their heads. However, with the absolutely ridiculous level of delays and lack of communication, I'd say they're at a serious risk of losing more patrons.

The bottom line is this: They need to get better at managing their project, and they need to get better at updating their patrons on progress (Or lack thereof). They shouldn't need another two months for a translation of an update that was supposed to release ages ago, and they certainly shouldn't just give vague excuses ON the day of the failed release.
If they end up releasing the update with content removed (Which seems to be what they're planning on doing), then I imagine that will be the final straw for quite a few of their patrons.

Reactions: Oniblonde

azerty789

May 10, 2017
Translation is one thing, but there is one sentence hidden of the middle of the post that says than even game mechanics aren't ready. So, absolutly nothing is ready, devs talks a lot about translation just to hide the real issue.

Xaljio and Latissa have at best awful planning skills and terrible timing in their communication, at worst dishonest and lazy behavior. I don't know them so I can't be sure, but what I'm sure is that such lies (if you need to delay your update by two entire months you know for a very long time that you are very late, it's not a delay for final polishing....) and shaddy communication are not acceptable. Honesty is fucking FREE!

laladon

Aug 24, 2016
if i could speak russian, i would translate in one day the little bit of text they probably wrote ... but they need tow months :) LOL

Carcosa_

May 14, 2019
At the time of this post I have read through 14 different "test translations" to determine who the better translator is.
I'm a bit confused as to what your job actually is. So the team doesn't have an official translator, but they have an official proofreader? If you are good enough to detect poor translations then why aren't you doing the translations yourself?

Are you telling me that the devs created a system in which their proofreader has to go through every fan/amateur translation attempt rather than get a proper translator instead?

Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016

Hello friends!
Now, while you hopefully have a good rest, we continue working on LS. Texts are in the process of translation and proofreading. Despite the obvious disadvantages, this extra-time can give some benefits. First of all, there is an opportunity to add some stuff that was planned for the next version of the game. Furthermore, as we've already mentioned, there will be the release of a special version of LS 'Tentacle-tree edition' on the 10th of January (for patrons only). The full version LS 0.95 will be released in February, 19th (also for patrons only), and on the 4th of March - the Public version of the game.
Have a nice holidays guys! Stay with us in new year! ^^`

Reactions: Naughtynaughty

Oniblonde

Jun 5, 2017

Hello friends!
Now, while you hopefully have a good rest, we continue working on LS. Texts are in the process of translation and proofreading. Despite the obvious disadvantages, this extra-time can give some benefits. First of all, there is an opportunity to add some stuff that was planned for the next version of the game. Furthermore, as we've already mentioned, there will be the release of a special version of LS 'Tentacle-tree edition' on the 10th of January (for patrons only). The full version LS 0.95 will be released in February, 19th (also for patrons only), and on the 4th of March - the Public version of the game.
Have a nice holidays guys! Stay with us in new year! ^^`

not going to lie. I thought this game was dead cause they was dragging they feet with the update
With a decent sized patreon - do you think they would stop making it?
Its a good game and i like the premise + many other things about it. Good for them!
But development is kind of a shit show - 1 update every 7months average. This one has not had one in nearly a year now.

Reactions: Naughtynaughty
2.50 star(s) 29 Votes