2.50 star(s) 29 Votes

FreetoJoin

Nov 29, 2019
Remember all that new art they post when giving "news" about the game?

I think they make it 2-3 days before when they realize there will be another delay, just to get the feel of progress while teasing patreons :LOL:

TrueNemesis

Oct 26, 2017

In Honolulu, today it's +26°C (78.8°F) and partly cloudy. Nice weather.
P.S. The release will be today until the end of the day. According to Honolulu time.

FreetoJoin

Nov 29, 2019
Thanks for the update!

14 hours till new post: "And an additional 3-4 hours...", so I guess in less than 24 hours we will have v0.95 Part 2! (Maybe they feel generous and give us v0.96 Part 1)

TrueNemesis

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the update!

14 hours till new post: "And an additional 3-4 hours...", so I guess in less than 24 hours we will have v0.95 Part 2! (Maybe they feel generous and give us v0.96 Part 1)
I think they said that they will release the whole 0.95 now, so good time to replay the whole game.

sayan

Mar 7, 2017
" The Library Story 0.95 release for patrons: May 29, 2020 *
... However, after announcement about dates, we still add some details. We could schedule the release around 20th of May, because the rest of the work is being worked according to plan so far... But let us this time, set the deadline, which we won't rush missing bugs or violate. In the end, after all these postponement, a few extra days for testing LS will definitely not hurt.
__

* This time not according to Honolulu time zone. Let it be, for example, UTC +3."

Definitely, it's not amateurish planning management, it's a social experiment about trolling patreon users.

TrueNemesis

Oct 26, 2017
And that's another deadline missed, they could make so much money on this game if only they where honest about it and put some real work into it.
So sad seeing a great game fall into this chaos.

TrueNemesis

Oct 26, 2017

Hi friends!
Now I'm working on 'The Library Story' 0.95 fixing bugs, adding translation, fixing new bugs... And finally I have to admit that I greatly underestimated the amount of work and my capabilities.
Why did this happen? I put off a lot of work for “later”, with a kind of motivation “there is just a bit left, and I definitely have time to do it on time”. But did not have time. My main mistake is that I did not compile all the quests for 0.95 on time, did not test them and did not fix everything that appeared now. In addition, the previous month I was very busy working on IQ, so I paid too little attention to LS.
With the beginning of this 'virus situation', I was sure that I could now focus on our projects, but in the end it only got worse. May turned out to be even more loaded on my main job than April. Unfortunately, I just physically did not have time to do what was necessary.
We could release just two ready-made new quests now, but having discussed this (it was a hot and not the most nice discussion for 2-3 hours), we decided that releasing the next scrap of 2 quests was even worse than postponing the release again. We have already released a huge Tentacle tree in this way (the biggest quest in the game at the moment). And such a 'mini-release' only depreciated this quest, because it was content available immediately, without mini-games, in isolation from the rest quests of the game and 0.95 at all. We planned Tentacle tree quest as one of the most significant quests, but in the end it turned out to be just a “placeholder” before the main release.
We really like current quests for 0.95, which we wrote, drew and prepared (and our proofreaders and translators can confirm this for sure! They are already familiar with the these quests and how long they are). Therefore, we can no longer produce them in unrelated pieces. We have invested a lot of time and effort in this version, so we really want you to fully evaluate LS 0.95.
What will we do with this? I was planning a vacation for August, but now I will take (actually, already taken it) this June. And I’ll dedicate the whole this month to finalizing Library Story 0.95 to the form in which we originally wanted to publish it. This is a minimum of 5 large storylines and a bunch of corrections and additions.
Furthermore, we will draw up a roadmap now and will publish a readiness report every week so that you are aware of the progress of 0.95.
I perfectly understand your discontent (I myself would be very unhappy in this situation). But if you are interested in 'The Library Story', then I ask you to evaluate the LS and draw conclusions only after on the results of this June. Now I really have the opportunity to make every effort to rectify the situation. And I will do it.
The release of LS 0.95 for patrons will be at the end of June (we'll try to do this not on the last day, so that you have time to play the game and appreciate it before the end of the month).
Hi friends!
Now I'm working on 'The Library Story' 0.95 fixing bugs, adding translation, fixing new bugs... And finally I have to admit that I greatly underestimated the amount of work and my capabilities.
Why did this happen? I put off a lot of work for “later”, with a kind of motivation “there is just a bit left, and I definitely have time to do it on time”. But did not have time. My main mistake is that I did not compile all the quests for 0.95 on time, did not test them and did not fix everything that appeared now. In addition, the previous month I was very busy working on IQ, so I paid too little attention to LS.
With the beginning of this 'virus situation', I was sure that I could now focus on our projects, but in the end it only got worse. May turned out to be even more loaded on my main job than April. Unfortunately, I just physically did not have time to do what was necessary.
We could release just two ready-made new quests now, but having discussed this (it was a hot and not the most nice discussion for 2-3 hours), we decided that releasing the next scrap of 2 quests was even worse than postponing the release again. We have already released a huge Tentacle tree in this way (the biggest quest in the game at the moment). And such a 'mini-release' only depreciated this quest, because it was content available immediately, without mini-games, in isolation from the rest quests of the game and 0.95 at all. We planned Tentacle tree quest as one of the most significant quests, but in the end it turned out to be just a “placeholder” before the main release.
We really like current quests for 0.95, which we wrote, drew and prepared (and our proofreaders and translators can confirm this for sure! They are already familiar with the these quests and how long they are). Therefore, we can no longer produce them in unrelated pieces. We have invested a lot of time and effort in this version, so we really want you to fully evaluate LS 0.95.
What will we do with this? I was planning a vacation for August, but now I will take (actually, already taken it) this June. And I’ll dedicate the whole this month to finalizing Library Story 0.95 to the form in which we originally wanted to publish it. This is a minimum of 5 large storylines and a bunch of corrections and additions.
Furthermore, we will draw up a roadmap now and will publish a readiness report every week so that you are aware of the progress of 0.95.
I perfectly understand your discontent (I myself would be very unhappy in this situation). But if you are interested in 'The Library Story', then I ask you to evaluate the LS and draw conclusions only after on the results of this June. Now I really have the opportunity to make every effort to rectify the situation. And I will do it.
The release of LS 0.95 for patrons will be at the end of June (we'll try to do this not on the last day, so that you have time to play the game and appreciate it before the end of the month).
--------------------------------------

For real now, they lost me as a patreon and they get go fuck them selfs... he waited until efter deadline to post this...

napapadaan

Mar 7, 2018
What they posted on patreon that it was almost done and then this they got another excuse for delaying the release of the game for another month what a lame joke

2.50 star(s) 29 Votes