Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Anyone have a fix for the [General18] error?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 19276, in script
    r "I have [General18]. Well I did. Britney killed my mother and tried to kill me. However, my [General10] Ellie is still alive. When things blow over I'll introduce you to her."
KeyError: 'General18'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 19276, in script
    r "I have [General18]. Well I did. Britney killed my mother and tried to kill me. However, my [General10] Ellie is still alive. When things blow over I'll introduce you to her."
  File "F:\VNs\The List\TheList-UNCLELOCO-0.10\renpy\ast.py", line 921, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "F:\VNs\The List\TheList-UNCLELOCO-0.10\renpy\exports.py", line 1373, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "F:\VNs\The List\TheList-UNCLELOCO-0.10\renpy\character.py", line 1253, in __call__
    what = self.prefix_suffix("what", self.what_prefix, what, self.what_suffix)
  File "F:\VNs\The List\TheList-UNCLELOCO-0.10\renpy\character.py", line 1172, in prefix_suffix
    return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
  File "F:\VNs\The List\TheList-UNCLELOCO-0.10\renpy\character.py", line 1152, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "F:\VNs\The List\TheList-UNCLELOCO-0.10\renpy\substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
  File "F:\VNs\The List\TheList-UNCLELOCO-0.10\renpy\substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
    obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 270, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 227, in get_value
KeyError: 'General18'

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090602
TheList 0.10
Sun Jun 16 22:17:13 2024

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
What happens to vampires who are dismembered but not otherwise killed?

I ask because our father being who he is, we have a mythical rib inside us, and because when we die we'll turn to ash it means our father can never again sire a male child. But I'm wondering, given our unique circumstances, do we need the rib to continue living and if not what would happen to it if it were removed from our body while we're alive? Would it remain intact and allow our father to continue siring male children, and if so would they be born part vampires or something?

I don't expect any of this to have an effect on the story, I ask for simple curiosity

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017

I ask because our father being who he is, we have a mythical rib inside us, and because when we die we'll turn to ash it means our father can never again sire a male child. But I'm wondering, given our unique circumstances, do we need the rib to continue living and if not what would happen to it if it were removed from our body while we're alive? Would it remain intact and allow our father to continue siring male children, and if so would they be born part vampires or something?

I don't expect any of this to have an effect on the story, I ask for simple curiosity
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Uncle Loco

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020

The rib plays an important part to the story is pretty much all I can say at this point. I won't get into the details but the rib is passed somehow to help in the baby-making process. There is a ritual used for this to happen, and then the rib reforms into the male child. When that child dies the rib will remain, for a normal human. As for a vampire who knows what will happen, considering when a vampire dies they turn to ash. (Okay I know but that is not the point.) We have to go into the fact that Rob is the first of his kind, will he be the last as well only time will tell.

DaFinker

Formerly 'Grumpy_Dwarf'
Apr 24, 2024
Not really guessing. I have the ending for the story planned out. Sure I may tweak things a bit but the overall story is planned.
I would expect so. The way this is written shows planning and, so far, no break down or odd divergences. That usually means someone has figured out where they're going and how to get there. But, if we can't give you a little grief about certainty, well, where's the fun in that? :LOL:

3.40 star(s) 22 Votes