VN Others Completed The Little Black Bestiary: A Dragon's Treasure [Ep1 v1.0] [CyberScherzo Studios]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Dgabe1993

Jun 23, 2017
The game is awesome, the history original, the art outstanding.
thats all i have to say, BRAVO five STARS.
GOOD LUCK ON THIS PROYECT.
hyped form more updates.

U

User_651353

I...really wanted something like this. Love the light fluffy happy story. Definitely hoping to see more like this down the line from you :D

Cesco

Jul 15, 2017
Wow, what a character design.
I LOVE the purple and orange color choice you picked for her.

something879

Nov 2, 2017
I noticed the art for this game in the comic store, do you have any relation with momoiro studio?

CyberScherzo

Game Developer
Feb 23, 2018
I've been trying to respond to most of the questions and suggestions I've been getting, but since it's not practical to respond to every single comment, I'd like to say it's encouraging to see the project getting a positive reception. It's always a good feeling when people enjoy your work, so hopefully I can produce more content people will enjoy.

If you have a moment, please consider also leaving a review on our page. Sorry if bringing that up is kinda naggy, but I haven't gotten a single rating on the project since posting the new build, which is honestly a little surprising. Though, I suppose people might also be waiting on the 1.0 release first.

Related side note with a little bad news. I've been having some issues with the HTML5 version, so the 1.0 version release of this episode might stick to desktop platforms: Windows, Mac and Linux. Since this first episode is honestly a pretty straightforward visual novel, I'm considering importing all the content to an HTML5 compatible dedicated visual novel engine like TyranoBuilder or VN Maker for the purposes of having an online version. So I can still have an online version, it'll probably just look and play a bit differently and take some extra work on the rebuild.

That said, the whole reason I used a non-vn engine in the first place is that I was hoping to introduce more interactivity and features into future episodes than a 'VN only' engine allows, so if I want to make online playable builds with more features happen more easily, I'm considering switching to Unity. Which is something I was likely to do anyway, but now it might happen sooner than expected.

More responses:

I think though, and this is a criticism I have for a lot of games, that I would love to be able to pleasure the girls in future updates. .
Valid point. I think I'll keep that in the back of my mind moving forward.
In this case, it was just the matter that we'd planned/budgeted for two base sex scene CGs (+the nude variants of the sprite expressions and such) we 100% wanted one of them to be her doing something with that long tongue, and decided on the cowgirl position for the other.

I noticed the art for this game in the comic store, do you have any relation with momoiro studio?
Yeah, isn't that artstyle looking mighty familiar? Sacb0y, the artist behind "The Couch" is also the artist behind all of Isabel's character art in this episode, and the backgrounds for the comic shop, restaurant dinner scene, and Isabel's apartment. He threw in that reference as an Easter egg.

Whoever you're commissioning did a great job on that pic, try to hold onto them =P.
See the above response^
While I'll probably be trying to talk Sacb0y into coming back on more episodes, he has a lot of his own things going on, including his work on his own projects and contractor work for other games as well. So if I want to increase production speed (and I eventually do hope to release episodes on a regular basis, right now things are going to start and proceed a bit slowly) I'm going to need to rotate more artists in. But that's one of the reasons I opted for short episodes instead of a huge sprawling game. I don't have to try to get an artist to commit to sticking around for the entire thing, so Sacb0y, and any other team member, can duck in and out as their schedule allows without slowing down the overall release schedule.

ajackson

Oct 20, 2017
Let me try to catch up on the questions/responses from while I was sleeping:

I was actually going to have more possibilities for "game over" moments for being an asshole but my writer kinda pushed back on that a bit. There's even a 'health bar' system and UI for that which is pretty much scrapped though it may make a comeback some day.

One thing we absolutely DID NOT want to do was lock the sex behind powergaming the 'perfect' set of choices to talk your way into the girl's pants. So many 'dating sims' are more like... 'manipulation sims' where you're invested in trying to pick all the 'right' answers (ie: lies) you think she wants to hear, which is NOT how you're supposed to treat dating IRL. It's about getting to know each other, and I wanted the players to be more focused on learning about the characters. So I wanted to design the 'default' of the game such that Isabel herself has the end goal of getting laid so you'll get to the action unless you royally fuck up... and then said fuck-ups never actually made it into the final script.

All that in mind, I'd like to make some of the bigger future episodes have some more branching paths with more significant options. And keeping the same philosophy going forward, choices that lead to alternate sex scenes for more replay value, but not having an objective 'best' choice in most cases.
Thank you for responding to all of our questions.
I get your concept and I like the Idea of giving the player the freedom to play his own path. I think it enables you to connect with the game better/faster. On second thought, that probably makes your game special. You should stick to it.
I hope that you will continue the story of Isabel one day, too.

Nidowa

May 5, 2017
If you have a moment, please consider also leaving a review on our page. Sorry if bringing that up is kinda naggy, but I haven't gotten a single rating on the project since posting the new build, which is honestly a little surprising. Though, I suppose people might also be waiting on the 1.0 release first.
done, and don't worry about the nagging haha I know I wanna encourage good devs and look forward to the next instalment!
also Isabel is adorable both in design and writing! good job to both you and Sacb0y!

Kohryu

May 17, 2017
I really enjoyed this title and hope the dev team keep working on it, because it has a lot of potential. The art and story are really nice, though I would prefer that the episodes were longer but heh that's just because I wanna spend more time with Izzie :3

Reactions: Bloodxdd

Bloodxdd

Jun 21, 2018
I really enjoyed this title and hope the dev team keep working on it, because it has a lot of potential. The art and story are really nice, though I would prefer that the episodes were longer but heh that's just because I wanna spend more time with Izzie :3
my man

CyberScherzo

Game Developer
Feb 23, 2018
Need more of the dragon waifu
I wanna spend more time with Izzie :3
{slowly swivels around in a comically oversized leather chair, while speaking in a bad European accent:}
Now that you've found my secret supervillian lair, Mr. Bond, I shall take this opportunity to monolouge at you about my EVIL MASTERPLAN!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

... Seriously though, we have a lot of character ideas that we hope people will enjoy, and the plan is to focus on introducing new characters with some shorter episodes, seeing which ones resonate the most with people, and focus on expanding the content for the more popular characters first.You might even have a new favorite by the time that rolls around!

what waits for us in next episode ?
It's a few days too early for me to spill the beans on the full details of episode 2, but we're going to have a public vote about the next character early next month.

I suppose I can give a hint for the next monstergirl though:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

CyberScherzo

Game Developer
Feb 23, 2018
The first character vote is now live!
You can cast your votes on patreon, but patronage is not required for this vote:

It's a public post.

As per @something879 's personal guarantee , episode 2 contains FAIRIES.
There are three possible designs for the next dateable woman to vote on:

FairyVoteCoverArt.png

She will be an astoundingly rich billionaire fae socialite.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
The first character vote is now live!
You can cast your votes on patreon, but patronage is not required for this vote:

It's a public post.

As per @something879 's personal guarantee , episode 2 contains FAIRIES.
There are three possible designs for the next dateable woman to vote on:

View attachment 120051

She will be an astoundingly rich billionaire fae socialite.
Shit, they all look fucking amazing... Based on the tumblr pages of Ebelisk and Cholie, had to go with Ebelisk. It was close though. I couldn't find anything on Janmayan, maybe you should provide links to their tumblrs or other places where people can find their art?

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes