VN Others Completed The Little Black Bestiary: A Dragon's Treasure [Ep1 v1.0] [CyberScherzo Studios]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

CyberScherzo

Game Developer
Feb 23, 2018
LBB1_ItchCover.png

Overview:
The Little Black Bestiary is an episodic dating sim, with each episode being a story about a human who joins an unusual specialty dating site and romances a 'monster' (Or other different kind of non-human fantasy race.) In the first episode, the protagonist goes on a date with a very slightly geeky dragon girl.​

Thread Updated: 2018-06-21
Release Date: 2018-06-20
Developer/Publisher: Cyber Scherzo Studios - - -
Censorship: None
Version: 1.0
Language: English
Series:
Store:
Sequel: The Little Black Bestiary: A Playful Proposition
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -
Others:

LbbScreenshot2.jpg Screen_Restaurant.png IsabelSpritenude_web.jpg IsabelPreviewWeb.png cowg3.png

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberScherzo

Game Developer
Feb 23, 2018
Well, there might be some toppings on that vanilla; especially since some of the future episodes we have planned will have some characters with more pronounced kinks, but it's a series about dating monsters rather than getting raped to death and then eaten by half of them like in Monster Girl Quest. (... Which is still an awesome game)

Even if/when we throw in some weirder stuff it'll likely keep a fun, positive tone.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
It's the kinda magic where the vanilla is actually happy to see you this time. And it's a hot dragon chick, to boot. Did I mention a looong tongue?

Reactions: Dragonskyt

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Static CG with variations. I'll add that to the genre tags.
Animation may be on the table for future episodes but I didn't have the budget to start with it.
So wait is this episode complete, and if not, how much content is there at this point?

CyberScherzo

Game Developer
Feb 23, 2018
@RedPillBlues
It's "complete" in that what is there is more or less the full story/content of the first episode. It's not the final version in that I've got an unfinished background in there and similar elements that need updating and polishing, missing some sound effects, things like that. We'll probably elaborate and add a few more lines of dialogue too, but not a whole new sex scene at the moment or anything like that.

Honestly, it's short, you can play it in a single session easily. You go on a date, hang out, get to know each other, get a "tour" of her apartment and and a little epilogue. This character might get a continuation or a 'sequel' with more scenes, but that's going to be a patron vote kind of thing. "Would you rather have more scenes of this character or have a new character introduced" sort of thing.

In general the episodes are going to be short. Probably 3 hours tops? I decided on releasing content in this manner as opposed to trying to make some giant sprawling super ambitious game that collapses under it's own weight from feature creep. Breaking it into entirely separate episodes lets me easily change things up, like being able to completely change game engines without breaking old content, rotate artists and team members according to availability and just generally be more flexible.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
@ I'm actually genuinely surprised, this was pretty well done for a first episode. If I had to give any criticism though, you really should give settings its own category on the title screen instead of just shoving it under chapter select. I'm looking forward to your future releases.

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
I don't normally get into the ground floor release of games because I prioritize the story and that is usually what is last to be developed. In this one, the premise is way interesting, the proposed game architecture means more completed stories per release, and the story possibilities are wide and endless.

However, c'mon! ... Yet another inhumanly long electrified tongue game???? Will this never end? :closedtongue:

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
A UI orientation is desperately needed. Looking for a way to save, I hit F1 and the game just reset to the main menu without warning losing all of my progress. That F1 needs a warning and acknowledgement dialog.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
@CyberScherzo Any chance of you posting a screencap of the hardcore action? Seeing the quality of the hardcore is really make or break for me to even consider supporting something.

clover0823

Dec 1, 2017
this really leaves me wanting more i love when i find this type of game with a good story and it was just intresting i didnt get board at all just want more now then again it was a bit short for my liking once i get into character its sad to see them go so soon i really hope this character gets another episode down the line Keep up the good work!

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes