Jul 18, 2018
For the past 6 updates I get an error everytime that I try to enter Ms Fox's office (Boss at the Office). Anyone else getting the same issue?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'persons/msfox_5_01.png'>:
  File "game/interactions.rpy", line 437, in script call
  File "game/script.rpy", line 214, in script call
  File "game/functions.rpy", line 645, in script call
  File "game/script.rpy", line 504, in script
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 471, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'persons/msfox_5_01.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/interactions.rpy", line 437, in script call
  File "game/script.rpy", line 214, in script call
  File "game/script.rpy", line 504, in script
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\G\TheLustHero-0.21-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1706, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\G\TheLustHero-0.21-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1724, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\G\TheLustHero-0.21-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 145, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 471, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\G\TheLustHero-0.21-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2526, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\G\TheLustHero-0.21-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 285, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\G\TheLustHero-0.21-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2526, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\G\TheLustHero-0.21-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2883, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\G\TheLustHero-0.21-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1955, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 427, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6806)
    rv = render(root, width, height, 0, 0)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 196, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2978)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\G\TheLustHero-0.21-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 693, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3440)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 196, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2978)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\G\TheLustHero-0.21-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 693, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3440)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\G\TheLustHero-0.21-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 623, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\G\TheLustHero-0.21-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 707, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\G\TheLustHero-0.21-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1081, in render
    st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\G\TheLustHero-0.21-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 473, in render
    im = cache.get(self)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\G\TheLustHero-0.21-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 200, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\G\TheLustHero-0.21-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 524, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\G\TheLustHero-0.21-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 543, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'persons/msfox_5_01.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
The Lust Hero 0.21

Ereg

Jun 20, 2017
For anyone complaining about why he stopped, this was the announcement to patrons

Dear Patrons,
We would like to share an important update:
You may have wondered the cause of the delays and low engagement from our end in the last couple of weeks. The reason for that is our family just got extended. Caathia gave birth to our baby boy just recently.

Obviously we are extremely happy and thrilled. However, this also means that we won't be able to spend time to further develop our game and tell you the rest of the story. We would like to dedicate our time to the baby. Hope you'll understand this and accept the decision we've made.
0.21 is our last release for The Lust Hero, therefore it will accessible for each one of you. We also hope that you've enjoyed our one and half year long journey together with the denizens of Righteous City.
We would like to thank each and every one of you the continous support you've given. This game would not have been possible without your help.

You are the best!!!

Alteus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
Dear All,

Yes, it is true. 0.21 is our last release for The Lust Hero.
It has been quite a journey and like all journeys, it should end at some point and this point is now for us. We wanted to finish the story of D. Range but our life moved in a different direction. Thanks for playing our game and keep us in good memory!

I would like to thank here as well for the support we have received from our Patrons, the people donated to keep us moving forward, we can't thank them enough. Also, I would like to thank the enormous support from the F95 forum members, especially the66 and UncleVT.

Lastly, a few words about the critics we've received. There were various, most of them very useful, some less so. I have no problem with any of that, however I would like to ask you to consider the impact of the words you use.
When I've started to check the F95 forum few years ago, it was flourishing with many different types of games and fresh ideas.
Nowadays, I think this started to diminish. Visually the games are stunning, storywise maybe a bit too bland.
I'm not saying that this happened because of the critics but I think there might be a link between these two. Please consider before you issue a critic and how it would affect the future of this community. Celebrate variety and don't try to shun it!

My 2 cp, Leave it or take it.

Best regards

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
hope we'll meet again somewhere.

Reactions: Alteus

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Dear All,

It has been quite a journey and like all journeys, it should end at some point and this point is now for us. We wanted to finish the story of D. Range but our life moved in a different direction. Thanks for playing our game and keep us in good memory!

I would like to thank here as well for the support we have received from our Patrons, the people donated to keep us moving forward, we can't thank them enough. Also, I would like to thank the enormous support from the F95 forum members, especially the66 and UncleVT.

Lastly, a few words about the critics we've received. There were various, most of them very useful, some less so. I have no problem with any of that, however I would like to ask you to consider the impact of the words you use.
When I've started to check the F95 forum few years ago, it was flourishing with many different types of games and fresh ideas.
Nowadays, I think this started to diminish. Visually the games are stunning, storywise maybe a bit too bland.
I'm not saying that this happened because of the critics but I think there might be a link between these two. Please consider before you issue a critic and how it would affect the future of this community. Celebrate variety and don't try to shun it!

Best regards
Good luck with your future live, and the live to grow.

In the last few years F95 grew in fame and attention bringing more users and opinions... while other Forums died.
I gues it's only natural that the clientel and their demands changed the Forums and the game requests, leading to a more common stock... or as you put it "vissual nice but bland storywise"

chaoslolicon

Dec 1, 2019
Dear All,

Best regards
best wishes

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
A solid and relevant note to go out on, all the best to you and yours.

Crazygamer43

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 25, 2018
The Lust Hero [v0.21] [Alteus]

Original Size: 1.5 GB
Compressed Size: 258 MB

Win/Linux: - - - :)

adj2010

Dec 26, 2018
my save file is missing the church and clinic does anyone have a save file that doesnt have the entire game "finished" or with aphyrexia already in your home. its annoying that the developer hasnt fixed this yet

Hanz

May 21, 2017
Can anyone tell me if the story gets closure? Thus the complete tag? Or has it been abandoned with no end the the current storyline? I'm a huge stickler for games that don't finish their plots.

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
Can anyone tell me if the story gets closure? Thus the complete tag? Or has it been abandoned with no end the the current storyline? I'm a huge stickler for games that don't finish their plots.
Dev chose to stop making the game cause their kid was born, so no, the story does not finish.

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes