VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I'm on the Penelope path + subwife, and Penelope's behavior is a bit erratic. One moment she hates her mom and wants to steal her man. Next moment she is defending her when you make inappropriate comments. I just head cannon it to mean that Penelope is just acting the part of a good daughter and it kinda works... but this combination of routes could be looked at.

The update was damn good though. Really like the cuckqueen stuff that is getting developed with the wife (fiance now I guess..).

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I dont think mercedes is pregnant nor will jane in future because there no pregnancy tag
Tags should only be for content actually found in the game, not for what is planned. But considering that the sister-in-law is big-belly-pregnant in this: The tags on this are out of date at least.
If the game ever makes any meaningful progress (so far it hasn't since 2,5 years ago when I reviewed this pile of wank) then it the tag might get added.

Man I should update my review; this game is a bust!!
This thing has been overhauled and resold to the audience in a span of literal YEARS. The writing is sloppy at best. The renders are all over the place, there is a big difference between the first half of the game and the later half. Render wise it shows that clear difference. The lightning in the renders hasn't improved much in 3 years
The later half of the story is littered with these 1 choice selections that do not do anything and the choices in the first half often link to paths not chosen because that content was scrapped(?) Fluff characters are added and removed in this 'update'.
The models used for certain characters changed halfway through the game like your step-daughter. Years ago, the dev did this with the Mom as well and only later changed her renders out in a later update without adding anything new.
Nah, this whole thing is a project that is at best not getting the attention it needs to be any good, and at worst it is just a cashing in after years of development-hell. It wants to be a in-dept family/cop drama with lots of sex thrown in, but it just hasn't fleshed out any of it. The game mainly pushes you into the obnoxious red head, or your wife, who you can bang a few times, all those other girls are only there to tease you because the dev obviously does not want you near them.

D

Deleted member 2651761

xןʞ
I think that the title of this thread needs to be corrected. When I downloaded the game, the game folder said 2.2. When I opened up the game, it said 2.2. The walkthrough posted on May 2020 also says 2.2. But the title says 2.02. 2.02 is not the same as 2.2.

Reactions: ontach
4.20 star(s) 37 Votes