VN Ren'Py The Mason Gambit [Ch.10] [CorForce Productions]

3.20 star(s) 49 Votes

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
I don't know whose idea it was to add other games characters to this game but I love it when I play a game and it jumps to other famous games like My new family I think it's called, Summertime love I think with Nicole and her wayside hotel and struggles with Brodie. I'm curious what other games this game will jump into. I'm only on Chapter 3 I think. I just took Nicole to the resturant where the players from My new family are the owners lol.

hyperjack38

Dec 24, 2019
Which is exactly the point I was making. Without the absolutely batshit insane preachy bullshit it's got the potential to be an awesome game.

Sadly it's the preachy bullshit that has it sat at 42 Patrons and why it won't grow much beyond that.

I hit the same point.

I don't give a shit what she did in his eyes. Having sex with his schoolmates caused him what, a couple of years shame at most?

So the punishment is to completely ruin her and a young 18 year old lads life because he got a bit upset .... as far as MC's goes, he's fucking unhinged. The punishment does not in any way fit the crime.

At most that's a no contact scenario not a completely fuck up lives scenario.

People like that with that much power and the ability to do that on a whim are usually hunted down by the exact same type of team he's running.

He went from semi good guy to cockwomble in one scene.
What else did you expect when the dev's patreon intro is this -

"Welcome to CorForce Productions

I am writing an action VN with a focus on old-fashioned, wholesome relationships.

Yes, I said it. These folks are more old school when it comes to sex and relationships. Partly due to back stories and partly because I feel there is a wider appeal among readers. The characters will not frivolously engage in sex unless love is involved. They won't sleep with someone just because they are girlfriend/boyfriend unless they feel their relationship can last beyond that. They even uplift virginity as a virtue. Expect the characters to voice VERY strong opinions about all of this."

Would've skipped the game very easily if this would've been the game intro instead of the patreon intro.

Also the patrons dropped to 35 in less than a month.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

I am writing an action VN with a focus on old-fashioned, wholesome relationships.

Yes, I said it. These folks are more old school when it comes to sex and relationships. Partly due to back stories and partly because I feel there is a wider appeal among readers. The characters will not frivolously engage in sex unless love is involved. They won't sleep with someone just because they are girlfriend/boyfriend unless they feel their relationship can last beyond that. They even uplift virginity as a virtue. Expect the characters to voice VERY strong opinions about all of this."

Would've skipped the game very easily if this would've been the game intro instead of the patreon intro.

I never saw that. If I had I would have avoided from the start.

I don't think the dev quite understands people. Sure there are groups that think like that but the world as a whole, nope.

I feel there is a wider appeal among readers
That bit got me.

Considering less and less people are getting involved in serious relationships, marriage numbers are down, birth numbers are down and casual relationships are up ..... talk about not reading the room.

FatGiant

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2022
Considering less and less people are getting involved in serious relationships, marriage numbers are down, birth numbers are down and casual relationships are up ..... talk about not reading the room.
In some places people are even avoiding relationships of any kind.

I found the "values" expressed and upholded in this story very ironic to be in a AVN. So, I've played with a similar mentality as that I used to play "23 Sisters". I may be wrong, but I decided to take this as a Satire. Because if I don't, I get a bit irritated with so much "propaganda" and insistence on "values" that are diametrically opposed to the medium being used. So, I go with Satire and avoid the intellectual dissonance.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Very true.

Far more people are career focused now.

Well, that tends to be because the generations that came before us completely butt fucked the economy and now buying a house is a lifes chore in and of itself. The cost of living is through the roof, bills are nuts and taxes ... don't get me started.

As for the values shown here.

I have heard them used in movies mainly by religious cults. I've never met anyone that has lived by them.

I know a few of the "older" generation and these have never existed. Traditional mindsets weren't even this narrow minded so it is either satire or someone that's managed to get "traditional" and "bat shit insane" mixed up.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
People who can afford to do what they want, will do it.
Any woman who can freely hunt down brad pit and get him locked in a wholesome
all kinks involved no holes barred prelude all the time exclusive relationship, she will.
Any man would do the same with jen lawrence or candice swanepoel.

This is a game that the dev affords the luxury to do exactly what is planned, never deviate,
not even for players whining about this game being, actually:

this is a kinetic novel. It is a strictly linear story.
nothing that would change the progression of the story.

I never saw that. If I had I would have avoided from the start.

I don't think the dev quite understands people. Sure there are groups that think like that but the world as a whole, nope.

That bit got me.

I found the "values" expressed and upholded in this story very ironic to be in a AVN. So, I've played with a similar mentality as that I used to play "23 Sisters". I may be wrong, but I decided to take this as a Satire. Because if I don't, I get a bit irritated with so much "propaganda" and insistence on "values" that are diametrically opposed to the medium being used. So, I go with Satire and avoid the intellectual dissonance.
Very true.

Far more people are career focused now.

Well, that tends to be because the generations that came before us completely butt fucked the economy and now buying a house is a lifes chore in and of itself. The cost of living is through the roof, bills are nuts and taxes ... don't get me started.

As for the values shown here.

I have heard them used in movies mainly by religious cults. I've never met anyone that has lived by them.

I know a few of the "older" generation and these have never existed. Traditional mindsets weren't even this narrow minded so it is either satire or someone that's managed to get "traditional" and "bat shit insane" mixed up.
Game this and remember all shaddow government leads are afforded luxuries like hunting their enemies.
Just like any president of US may kill whomever he wishes, according to a lotta movies and series
where people he hates or girls he one night stands dissapear by his secret murderous service.

Reactions: Sleepy666

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
1664898465387.png
Just what i wanted on a novel :3 i hope this is good as i expected

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The Mason Gambit » Devlog
Friday Update 16 Sep 2022

Got a a little more writing and a good deal of rendering done.

I hope to get more momentum, but it was certainly better than the previous week's work.

I do believe this chapter will be bigger than the others, though it is still too soon to tell. That said, it may mean an extra week needed for polish once the main work is completed.

Cheers and thank you for your interest!
Friday Update 30 Sep 2022

Hey All,

We're over the halfway mark. I am happy where it's heading so, I can concentrate on getting more done. The coming week should be better since I had a lot of other work that needed done this week.

I will keep at it. I'm not one for long speeches and verbose posts.

Thank you all!

Cheers!
Friday Update 09 Sep 2022

Hey Folks!

Hammered away some more at the renders and made good progress. I feel this will be a big chapter since a lot will happen. It's another big turning point.

Well, I am not one to ramble, so back to it!

Cheers!

Friday Update 02 Sep 2022

I feel the momentum will pick up and I should have better results next week.

This has also been a tough one for me to write, for reasons you will learn once it's complete. I knew this was coming so I did what I could to steel myself for it.

Cheers!

imadumb

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
1664916331805.png Okay, first in the park, and now... Best girl so far ahaha

imadumb

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
1664980249815.png
Plot Twist, this is the mafia boss of another visual novel :V (gunpowder cocktail)

imadumb

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
1664990548523.png
BRO WTF AKAKAKAAKAKAKAKAAK Bethesda can't see this :V

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
Friday Update 07 Oct 2022
» Devlog

1 day ago by ( )

This week has been a busy one. I still managed to get a decent amount done and feel I am approaching the point where I have the finish line in sight. I still expect a couple more weeks. I really don't want to rush it.

Thank you for your support!

Cheers!

Cory F

fifo5310

Feb 25, 2018
Friday Update 14 Oct 2022
» Devlog

1 hour ago by ( )
Share this post:

I made a good deal of progress and I can see the end on this chapter in sight. Again, there's a fair amount covered in this one and want to ensure I do it justice. There will be some downers in mood, but I hope there are enough light moments in it to balance it out.

I hope to begin rollout in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers!

Cory F

3.20 star(s) 49 Votes