VN Ren'Py The Mason Gambit [Ch.10] [CorForce Productions]

3.20 star(s) 49 Votes

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
The whole game should be called "The Incel Gambit" IMO, but of course it found its audience and glorious defenders here.
Me, I was so repulsed by what the MC did to his biological mother and her stud, it was the final straw, really.
And no, I didn't like some of her behaviour, but I think a lot of it would earn a completely different reaction, if she was a man screwing around with hot girls.

It's ironic how the fans of this game don't even realize the mind-boggling hypocrisy in this approach.

I could say a lot more about what I think of the morals and the preaching in this game and its audience, but I figure this post will already get facepalms up the wazoo and would certainly just get deleted by a mod sympathetic to their cause anyway.
I'm with you. I know there is a fan base, and I think that's great. If people like it and the dev is getting what they want out of it then I am really happy for them... seriously..., but like you it just is not for me.

I thought it was odd with all the LIs introduced for the MC to choose one so quickly... (and one from another game to boot), and while I did not have a problem with the saving themselves conversation, it was, as you said, seriously preachy. I also found the way he treated his mother as out of character and just plain mean.

And you are so right about the male/female thing. If that had been his father ho'ing around with a bunch of women then it would have played out a lot differently.

Anyway, I do wish the game well, I just can't bring myself to play it anymore.

strel1

Oct 16, 2020
We all know that there is a lot of people who believe it's okey to behave
like morons and have double standards.

At first I liked the game,
but you know the more I read and followed the story.
The more moronic it became!

Well, I don't think this attitude towards women is Ok.
( Even if this is a game. )

I mean either they are whores or saints.
It's really a weird attitude.

I just don't play this game anymore.
I don't agree with the attitude.

That's it...
Oh, nice facepalms!

Last edited:

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
You come to family, but you don't Come to Family?? What kind of backwards illegal non-AlabamaSisterSlama is this???

Davetiger

May 1, 2020
I loved this story, it did get a bit preachy at the Nicole intro and a few points after that which made it hard to continue but after I got passed that I absolutely loved it. The clear shout out to killer7's My New Family was also a great twist, though not sure Lucy fit the story for those that didn't catch the shout out :) I look forward to seeing what happens next I got the the end of the current chapter and just went aww man it stopped. Oh and thank you for not making this all about the incest been getting more than mildly sick of every VN being incest and they just called everyone neighbor or landlady.

PS I also do think he went a bit over board against his character with infecting his mom and that young boy, but at the same time he was very pissed which can make people do things against their nature and try to justify it to themselves later so still believable.

Last edited:

Blades4119

Jul 9, 2021
On the subject of Callsigns: A Callsign is a way of being able to refer to various members of a team or unit without revealing names or ranks. It is also a way of quickly identifying said team or unit members over radio or phone communications. The most well known usage of Callsigns is by Air Force and Marine Pilots. Yes, they can sometimes evolve into being "nicknames" by longstanding members of a given team or unit. Members of various Special Operations Forces also use Callsigns to talk to and refer to one another over open frequencies without anyone listening in being aware of any team member's actual name or rank.. something of a Security Measure. In some cases and for added security, Special Operations Force members will also use Code Names while on certain missions. An interesting use of Callsigns is that it would allow a member of lower rank talk relatively freely t a member of higher rank in the same Team or Unit without the constant reminder of differences in rank.

Reactions: Nelson4ever
Feb 17, 2022
Pretty fun game and story but not a fan of every LI becoming super masculine looking. I get for the storyline it makes sense but I guess it's time I'll look elsewhere for more feminine looking ladies. Sucks.. it was such a cool game while it lasted.

Fliwatüt

Jun 24, 2021
View attachment 1419063

Overview:
Captain Mason has just received tragic news and must return home to his family after five years in the Afghan desert.
Two problems; one, he was missing and presumed dead three years ago; and two a strange and potentially population-ending virus has hit the city. Now, he must join forces with a mysterious multi-national covert organization to discover the secret behind this threat.
Notice:
The romances will be a slow burn. Don't expect any adult content for the first two chapters. Cheers. - CF​

Thread Updated: 2022-07-14
Release Date: 2022-07-12
Developer: CorForce Productions - -
Censored: No
Version: Chapter 7
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - MEGA - -
Mac: MEGA - - -
Others:
COMPRESSED* - ANDROID

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 1419074 View attachment 1419061 View attachment 1419062 View attachment 1419064 View attachment 1419065 View attachment 1419066 View attachment 1419070 View attachment 1419072 View attachment 1419073
What a great story. I'm watching for hours to see how the story unfolds. Great entertainment. I really like it.
Thanks

F.

Reactions: BaasB

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
The whole game should be called "The Incel Gambit" IMO, but of course it found its audience and glorious defenders here.
Me, I was so repulsed by what the MC did to his biological mother and her stud, it was the final straw, really.
And no, I didn't like some of her behaviour, but I think a lot of it would earn a completely different reaction, if she was a man screwing around with hot girls.

It's ironic how the fans of this game don't even realize the mind-boggling hypocrisy in this approach.

I could say a lot more about what I think of the morals and the preaching in this game and its audience, but I figure this post will already get facepalms up the wazoo and would certainly just get deleted by a mod sympathetic to their cause anyway.
I'm not gonna disagree that there are moments of ALL adult games written by and/or for men that are questionable. In my opinion, it's part of the fetish/fantasy to a certain extent. Like watching a hentai where the girl is blackmailed to have sex with the guy because he took a picture of her panties or something. It's exaggerated and ridiculous. I haven't played this game, so I can't fully agree or disagree, but the "incel" line is usually the one that is the most power fantasy. As far as the morals of the MC, I'm sure you are 100% right. Though, I'd rather have the sexist power fantasy than the rapey-18-year-old-but-actually-12 in his brain that sleep rapes, that always thinks "Fuck! She's FUCKING HOT!" and peeps on EVERY girl and jacks off by the door. I play these dumb games to de-stress after a long day. If it has questionable content, at least let me be in control of it.
I don't take it personally because in real life everyone should treat everyone well :) Men should be kind to the ladies as well :D

Edit: I didn't know about this:
However if you are making games aimed at adults, most of which will have sexual experience, telling them their wives/girlfriends/daughters/sister/mothers are nothing but useless whores probably isn't going to bring in the players.
THAT is a lot different to what I had thought. I'll shut up. Go on and thanks for the information Avaron1974!

Fliwatüt

Jun 24, 2021
I thought it was odd with all the LIs introduced for the MC to choose one so quickly... (and one from another game to boot), and while I did not have a problem with the saving themselves conversation, it was, as you said, seriously preachy. I also found the way he treated his mother as out of character and just plain mean.
I have to agree to all of this; and I didn't like the harsh judgements about "not so catholic" kind of relationships.
But so far, I like the action parts of the game very much; kind of very tough version of Charlies Angels. I'd think this could make a good Hollywood movie script.

F.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I have to agree to all of this; and I didn't like the harsh judgements about "not so catholic" kind of relationships.
But so far, I like the action parts of the game very much; kind of very tough version of Charlies Angels. I'd think this could make a good Hollywood movie script.

F.
Which is exactly the point I was making. Without the absolutely batshit insane preachy bullshit it's got the potential to be an awesome game.

Sadly it's the preachy bullshit that has it sat at 42 Patrons and why it won't grow much beyond that.

I was so repulsed by what the MC did to his biological mother and her stud, it was the final straw, really.
I hit the same point.

I don't give a shit what she did in his eyes. Having sex with his schoolmates caused him what, a couple of years shame at most?

So the punishment is to completely ruin her and a young 18 year old lads life because he got a bit upset .... as far as MC's goes, he's fucking unhinged. The punishment does not in any way fit the crime.

At most that's a no contact scenario not a completely fuck up lives scenario.

People like that with that much power and the ability to do that on a whim are usually hunted down by the exact same type of team he's running.

He went from semi good guy to cockwomble in one scene.

evyleu

Oct 24, 2021
Which is exactly the point I was making. Without the absolutely batshit insane preachy bullshit it's got the potential to be an awesome game.

Sadly it's the preachy bullshit that has it sat at 42 Patrons and why it won't grow much beyond that.

I hit the same point.

I don't give a shit what she did in his eyes. Having sex with his schoolmates caused him what, a couple of years shame at most?

So the punishment is to completely ruin her and a young 18 year old lads life because he got a bit upset .... as far as MC's goes, he's fucking unhinged. The punishment does not in any way fit the crime.

At most that's a no contact scenario not a completely fuck up lives scenario.

People like that with that much power and the ability to do that on a whim are usually hunted down by the exact same type of team he's running.

He went from semi good guy to cockwomble in one scene.
205-2055763_angry-crying-face-meme-holding-back-tears-meme.png

3.20 star(s) 49 Votes