VN Ren'Py The Mason Gambit [Ch.10] [CorForce Productions]

3.20 star(s) 50 Votes

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
yeah it seems since the last few updates it become more about the message then the entertainment,also dev time seems to have doubled on average.

i'm starting to get the same vibes that i did whit x53 homecoming...aka : longer dev times are here to stay and we're one bad/negative thing away from full on abandonment

hope i'm wrong about it but only time will tell

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
yeah it seems since the last few updates it become more about the message then the entertainment,also dev time seems to have doubled on average.

i'm starting to get the same vibes that i did whit x53 homecoming...aka : longer dev times are here to stay and we're one bad/negative thing away from full on abandonment

hope i'm wrong about it but only time will tell
probably dev feel no longer worth the effort. Well, he has only himself to blame. People plays games to enjoy not hear people preach. If wana preach go be a priest not AVN dev

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
probably dev feel no longer worth the effort. Well, he has only himself to blame. People plays games to enjoy not hear people preach. If wana preach go be a priest not AVN dev
true , the rant is fine if done on social's, actually putting into the AVN was a very bad move.
and yes the strong emphasise on the message becomes off putting because people play for entertainment, not social/moral education/perspectives etc.

ignoring the obvious thing off "a man or women should have as few life partners as possible(preferably one)" is a bad thing for a harem setting for multiple reason.
The message itself isn't that bad TBH it just the more traditional view off women not being sluts and men staying loyal to their partner

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
true , the rant is fine if done on social's, actually putting into the AVN was a very bad move.
and yes the strong emphasise on the message becomes off putting because people play for entertainment, not social/moral education/perspectives etc.

ignoring the obvious thing off "a man or women should have as few life partners as possible(preferably one)" is a bad thing for a harem setting for multiple reason.
The message itself isn't that bad TBH it just the more traditional view off women not being sluts and men staying loyal to their partner
Well, if dev wana spread the message then do it one time is fine but he keep ranting it again and again. He then proceed to have the MC have a "harem" of sort. So the dev to me is just a hypocrite. The action part of the story is excellent but the rest is bad

Reactions: HiHaHo

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Well, if dev wana spread the message then do it one time is fine but he keep ranting it again and again. He then proceed to have the MC have a "harem" of sort. So the dev to me is just a hypocrite. The action part of the story is excellent but the rest is bad
yeah action parts and assets used for the girls they are well done IMO

DevinHesi

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2021

1720538088095.png

It may not seem like much, but there are a lot of renders to go through. Some more complicated than others which, can often lead to rework of the shot.

But, enough excuses.

Stay tuned for a special sneak...can we call an audio clip a peek? Well, whatever. Next post will be a new clip I've been working on and finally completed.

Cheers!

Cory F

Reactions: Dripping

Claet

Oct 9, 2021
I'm playing this game and at the beginning of chapter 9. MC was on a plane talking with someone named Allison, but I couldn't recognize her. What happened with the models? Reading back a few pages I see that ch10 is even worse.

This game doesn't have the best renders, but what possessed the dev to make these changes where the models are not recognizable anymore?

It's like in the movies where they change the actor. The name and the role are the same, but "who tf is that"?

If you kill my familiarity with an important model, the story ends!

Judging by the comments here, I don't see a reason to continue. So sad!

Tmacswizzy

Feb 6, 2022
I'm playing this game and at the beginning of chapter 9. MC was on a plane talking with someone named Allison, but I couldn't recognize her. What happened with the models? Reading back a few pages I see that ch10 is even worse.

This game doesn't have the best renders, but what possessed the dev to make these changes where the models are not recognizable anymore?

It's like in the movies where they change the actor. The name and the role are the same, but "who tf is that"?

If you kill my familiarity with an important model, the story ends!

Judging by the comments here, I don't see a reason to continue. So sad!
This used to be my favorite VN. This actually used to get updated bi-monthly. Then dev time went up to 4 months and now we are up to a year. So with the huge increase in dev time without an increase in content and then absolutely butchering the models that had no reason to change this quickly fell off my radar and interest quickly died.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020

View attachment 3814690

It may not seem like much, but there are a lot of renders to go through. Some more complicated than others which, can often lead to rework of the shot.

But, enough excuses.

Stay tuned for a special sneak...can we call an audio clip a peek? Well, whatever. Next post will be a new clip I've been working on and finally completed.

Cheers!

Cory F
rendering 43% after an year?? speaking of taking his time......and spending time on making a clip?? use that to finish this damn update pls....

DevinHesi

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2021

Ichika Cyber Samurai.png

Hey everyone,

I have a bonus image for you and a bit of news.

I will be pausing payments for the next three months.

With as little progress as I managed to get done, I see no reason why you should be paying for that. I do appreciate the support of course, but I can't, in good conscience, keep taking your money for my lack of progress.

I assure you, I am NOT abandoning this project. I am comitted to getting this story written and done.

With that in mind, I will only begin the payment schedule again once this latest chapter is complete.

So, how does Ichika look with a red wig?

Cheers!

Cory F

3.20 star(s) 50 Votes